• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map Black Day in July

Moz

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
[FONT=&quot]
promo01od8.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]README

View Trailer
[/FONT]
Title: Black Day in July
Filename: RO-BlackDayJuly_Final.rom
Author: Tom “Moz” Hall
Email: [email protected]
Homepage: None

Build Time: 3 Months
Player Load: 26-32 Players
Requirements: Same as Standard RO
Description:
On the 12th day of July, 1943 the Battle of Prokhorovka would become the largest Tank Battle in all of human History. This pivotal battle in Operation Zitadelle and of the Battle of Kursk would be a huge turning point in the war and the beginning of the end for The Third Reich.
Changes:
    • Completely new Trees
    • Rebuild objectives from scratch
    • New locking pattern
    • Returned the Prokhorovka Line objective and split into 2
    • Improved visuals
    • Time limit Adjusted
    • New Custom skins for Stug3, Pz3
    • Added T34(r)
    • Added Third German Spawn area
    • Increased Artillery spotter limit to 2
      • Added UC for Artillery spotter
    • Reengineered bot support.
    • New scripted events
    • New emitter effects
    • Many new ambient effects
To Mappers
Feel free to use my packages in your levels, just be sure to reference me and my email address ([email protected]) in your readme.
Thanks to:
  • Mike_Nomad of RGN for helping me playtest some versions
  • Mofo for trying to hold a few playtests.
  • Ramm for helping me sort out the flicker problem.
  • Wilsonam for his very useful website on this battle.
  • Tripwire for making RO and to everyone that put up with the first versions.

promo02jp3.jpg

promo03sw7.jpg

Last edited:
IMPORTANT
In order to have the tank skins to work on your server you will need to add “Moz_BDJCamo_01.u” to the server packages in the "Redorchestra.ini".

Moz, that entry is not really needed. It doesn't hurt anything but when we ran the tests, we didn't make that entry in the .ini file and still, we had everything in all its glory.

We now have Black Day July FINAL on the server and running in super fine. The Re-Directs are set and the users are ready! :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
AFAIK without that file in the server packages people will not download the package from the server. I remember having this problem in UT2003 but that was 3 years ago/.

Apparently there's been some changes made since then... from our test time 'till now, it simply feeds the needed files to the users without a hassle. Doesn't really matter, as it obviously works both ways.

We've played this map all morning - its Grrreat!!

Upvote 0
I've been getting emails and PMs saying the timelimit is 15-20 minutes too long.

I'm not sure how widespread this is, in the rounds I've played the game always ended at the 20~ minute mark but I don't know how widespread this is.

This is the final version, but if its this case across the board I MIGHT consider doing one of those really lame "RO-yaddayadda_Redux" versions.

If I do a redux (which is unlikely) I'll add a some cool features to make it more than a stupid patch.

Any comments would be helpful

Upvote 0
This map is a tankers wet dream. I dont tank very often, but I wanted to try the map out... luckily there was a server playing it and I jumped in.

First thing... I HATE those busted tanks laid out everywhere lol... cant count how many times I stopped and aimed on them and realizied they were "fake"

Other than that, the map is flawless... very long distance tank engagments... I destroyed a T34 from so far away I could count 5 seconds off in the time it took the shell to reach him, did it in a stug at that.

Good job.... this map may get me into tanking.

Oh and btw... those planes are freakin awesome, the immersion factor of this map is off the scale.

Upvote 0