• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Big Server

Volcom_Ren

May 2, 2013
Hey guys!

I am Volcom. I own Rencorner.com. We currently have 6 killing floor servers. I am having an issue with my Big server. It runs perfectly fine but then the map ends it boots everyone from the game and then takes like 5 minutes before people can rejoin. Meanwhile on the console it looks like it is running normally. It is also like it isn't connecting with steam or something. If anyone has any ideas please let me know as it is quite annoying. I am running the force max players, Server Perks V6, Anti-BlockTrader, and Show Patriarch HP. Please help me out. My community and I would be very grateful.

-Volcom

Last week I set it so it only ran the one map, it'd still error. What it does is during map loads it just hangs...you can sit on there for 15 minutes and it doesn't load anything. The console never freezes or "crashes", it just does the hang thing.
Today it did one extra weird thing, while I was sitting in the lobby part, it swapped maps on its own to Manor, it seemed like it went down again, but it worked fine(up until everyone died in the one round).
Here's the PC specs if you need it:
Spoiler!

I saved a few console logs here, hopefully this helps some.
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Validate server installation files using steamcmd verify.

Try to run server without any mods.
Then start to test server adding mods one by one and check its behaviour.

Once we also had issue under Linux - we were hostig over 6 unreal based games on the same IP, and apparently that was the issue. We increased port ranges on which the servers were listening, and later we had to move some servers to separate IP addresses.

Last edited:
Upvote 0