• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Better HUD scaling

Benjamin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
France
Just a thought, since the game can run pretty well on older machines although the lower resolution means HUD elements such as the specimen counter take up more space (instead of scaling).

This is how the HUD currently looks in 800x600.
This is how I think it should look (scaled in paint from 1024x768).

Not a big issue, but not a big task to fix either.

Attachments

• 800_600_original.jpg
    800_600_original.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 800_600_scaled.jpg
    800_600_scaled.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
BenioX, do you even read threads before you post ? :p

To be honest, I think the difference is neglectable.
The HUD is translucent anyway, does it realy bother you that much ?
Yes I did read. And didn't rly understand. IDK what exactly he wanted fix with the hud, cept scaling which doesn't explain enough.
In my opinion it's just fine as it is for now :confused:

Upvote 0
It's obvious what he wants, I don't know how you could possible explain it further then "fix hud scaling". On lower resolutions, the hud takes up more percentage of the screen then it does on higher resolutions, hence OP wants this to be rectified.

Thank you, that's exactly it. :)

You don't really realise it until you switch from a higher resolution, but it does take up a rather large amount of the screen. Should be pretty easy to correct.

Upvote 0
Thank you, that's exactly it. :)

You don't really realise it until you switch from a higher resolution, but it does take up a rather large amount of the screen. Should be pretty easy to correct.
Finally someone explained. I didn't know the prob since I didn't change resolutions... shall have said that first :rolleyes:
Well, now when I checked I can say I agree. The huds are a PiNtA! :eek:

Upvote 0
I agree, the difference on 1440 x 960 (or whatever that resolution setting is) would be very noticably different.

Atlhough if I'm honest I did have to keep flicking through the 2 pics to figure out what you were talking about, since the lettering, table outline and trader arrow is almost, if not exactly the same size :)

Edit: Wait a minute I've jsut been an idiot... still mis understood it.

Either way I still agree, 800 x 600 should be scaled better :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wish the "turn off parts of the HUD" actually worked. I play STALKER with no HUD, and it is much more fun. I tried it in KF, but I can't see the teammate's health bars or the enemies. I wish I could turn everything off but that, the screen turning red is a good indicator of low health, would rather have things like that in the game than a HUD.

Upvote 0
But fix what? :confused:
Which one is not ok?
What would that be needed for anyway?
It's obvious what he wants, I don't know how you could possible explain it further then "fix hud scaling". On lower resolutions, the hud takes up more percentage of the screen then it does on higher resolutions, hence OP wants this to be rectified.
Atlhough if I'm honest I did have to keep flicking through the 2 pics to figure out what you were talking about, since the lettering, table outline and trader arrow is almost, if not exactly the same size :)

Edit: Wait a minute I've jsut been an idiot... still mis understood it.
See my point? Now why did you just click a troll-feeding buttons like crazy to me, but not to Undedd Jester who has exactly same problem about not understanding the thing which is a prob here :rolleyes:

Back to topic:
Well, I think the best solution is just play on resolutions which dun have this prob. :IS2:

Upvote 0