• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [BETA] KF-BioticsLab-UK

Thanks for the feedback! :)
We will try to fix the thing with the meat grinders or replace them with something else.
I'm looking forward to some screenshots showing the lightning.

@Hemi

Constructive feedback never is bad or offensive.
Was that sidenote pointed to us? If so we just want ppl to have fun with this map and get it right for the final release :)

No no...just to all those random people leaving a single post in threads saying that they have it running on their server. It's like...OH! WAIT!!! RANDOMFORUM-USER56 HAS IT RUNNING ON HIS SERVER!!!! QUICK!!! EVERYONE JOIN HIS SERVER!!!!

Sometimes they don't even leave credentials...just saying they are running it on the their freaking server.... :confused: It's very weird and not helping the production of maps at all.

EDIT:
" your map looks like **** and so on won't help but demotivate the mapper."
Hmm...Why do I have the opposite feeling about the boards atm, like everyone is walking on glass all of the sudden. The mapper could also ask the user to elaborate on the "It's crap" post.

But yes, lets stay ontopic.

Anyway... Ill give this a go when the Britt's can be arsed again. Grrrr...Whisky! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Bodies of zeds can still sometimes pass through the grating and end up below it. Zeds also have a tendency to just stand still for a second in that room.

Also:
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyway... Ill give this a go when the Britt's can be arsed again. Grrrr...Whisky! :p
Haha alright I hope you like it so far and we're always happy about honest feedback :)

Bodies of zeds can still sometimes pass through the grating and end up below it. Zeds also have a tendency to just stand still for a second in that room.

Thanks for the feedback! The collision problems with the grating will be fixed in the next release and we will also take a closer look at the pathing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So far appart the door/trader triggering the same action, and some mobs stuck at some spawn points cause of pathnode or collision issues, the map is very good.
It's small and deadly, even on HARD mode you don't have the right to do any mistake !

I can't wait for some other version. The second beta has fixed all the floor problems, so now just need to work on the spawn colisions i assume, and then the furniture / props.

You guys are very reactive, it's nice !

PS : blinking light with the original sound at spawn point is awesome. Will we have elevator doors open like in the first map ?

Upvote 0
Fantastic remake of the original Biotics, it feels very faithful and I love it.

An issue I encountered was that a trigger icon showed up in the first PC in the room right of spawn.

Also, could you make the rails that lead downstairs jump-able? It's a very useful escape alternative.

Congrats on the great work!

Upvote 0
I just played the map with Jack, it was epic. The map's very hard cause it's so SMALL ! Really have to team play. To be honest, i didn't like BioticLabs that much on KF1 cause it was unbalanced, everybody was camping on spawn point. For some reason, it's better on this version.
The mood of the map is very good.
Probably because in KF2 the big enemies actually force you back instead of you having someone like a Sharpshooter knocking it in the head once or twice and killing it. That might change once they return though..

Even if they return and it's like in KF1 again, there would be the higher difficulties throwing tons of enemies at you instead of making them meat-sponges.

Upvote 0
Probably because in KF2 the big enemies actually force you back instead of you having someone like a Sharpshooter knocking it in the head once or twice and killing it. That might change once they return though..

Even if they return and it's like in KF1 again, there would be the higher difficulties throwing tons of enemies at you instead of making them meat-sponges.

Yeah and because.... Well it seems that there are MORE mobs at the same time, no ?

Upvote 0
Been testing the map for bugs and didn't notice any other than the already reported

I do have a problem with the zed pathings sometimes they go around the map and use a different doorway or just walk in a circle and continue walking

The lightning looks pretty good and i just found myself appreciating the looks from time to time (even got grabbed a few times by cysts), as far as i played it does use the breakable lights concept but doesn't leave you wandering around a pitch black map (wich i think is awesome).

Loving what you've done here and i look forward to any future projects you might work on

Upvote 0

Yeah and because.... Well it seems that there are MORE mobs at the same time, no ?

The welding nerf plays a huge part too, doesn't it?

Upvote 0
Sorry for being dense, but what are "the stitches" and "let's play with zombies"?

Thanks.

This is the origninal music in biotics labs from the old KFmod ;).
Thank you all for your feedback and a great thanks to all the players for the great random pub match we had yesterday! :)

We'll fix all of the bugs mentioned in the next version.

Here are some screenshots of the game yesterday with all the lights disabled and only the secret emergency lightning on (which has to be enabled every 5 minutes or so)

Attachments

• 2015-06-03_00005.jpg
    2015-06-03_00005.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-06-03_00001.jpg
    2015-06-03_00001.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-06-03_00002.jpg
    2015-06-03_00002.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-06-03_00004.jpg
    2015-06-03_00004.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
This is absolutely terrific. I didn't expect much honestly as most of the custom maps look very standard and indifferent to the other KF2 maps due to the lack of lighting or custom content. This looked very fresh and new (Ironically :p) to all else I've encountered in ways of custom maps. Everything necessary to make this a proper and playable map is there, all I'm hoping for now is the addition of details. I didn't find any bugs or gameplay issues I had a beef with. Great job dude, it's the first custom map I actually enjoyed and would consider playing on!

Upvote 0
This is the origninal music in biotics labs from the old KFmod ;).
Thank you all for your feedback and a great thanks to all the players for the great random pub match we had yesterday! :)

We'll fix all of the bugs mentioned in the next version.

Here are some screenshots of the game yesterday with all the lights disabled and only the secret emergency lightning on (which has to be enabled every 5 minutes or so)

Thanks.

Oh, and I'm curious; how does the emergency-lights-having-to-be-enabled-every-five-minutes work?

Upvote 0