• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [BETA] KF-BioticsLab-UK

-=Ivan=-

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 27, 2009

This is the first BETA version of the BioticsLab UK. Please let us know about any bugs or feedback about the map.
We also want to thank all the Closed Beta Tester for their awesome feedback!

Known Issues:

• Shadows of some lights disappear
  • Trader trigger interacts with door trigger sometimes

Last edited:
Instant feedback:
Spoiler!

I threw a crovel on the ground there and it vanished
Spoiler!

In the room with the cloning wats the grated floor has no collision
Spoiler!

Other than that scrakes and FPs have some problems with pathing through single doors when I close them behind me. It might take them like 2 seconds to do it.

Upvote 0
Hi guys. Very good start with this remake.

I love the look and the fact it's very accurate. Some bugs, but will be fixed soon i assume, as it's a beta, and everybody is helping with feedback.

Suggestions : can we have more custom models and textures ? More "bricks" upstairs, more "crusty metal looking" downstairs.
More details on the ground, junk, etc.

Excellent map ! Hope i'll see more updates very soon !!!!

Upvote 0
Hi guys. Very good start with this remake.

I love the look and the fact it's very accurate. Some bugs, but will be fixed soon i assume, as it's a beta, and everybody is helping with feedback.

Suggestions : can we have more custom models and textures ? More "bricks" upstairs, more "crusty metal looking" downstairs.
More details on the ground, junk, etc.

Excellent map ! Hope i'll see more updates very soon !!!!

Everything is possible. There will be more dirt and so on on the floors and we might also change some textures or so.

Upvote 0
Ooooh yeaaah. Gonna wax lyrical slightly, at one point I thought I was hearing 'The Stitches are a Reminder' near the start of my solo-normal play-through.

Certainly looks and feels unnerving when you're running through those hallowed halls, the grime sticking to your boots as you pass room after room of abandoned medical equipment, desks and trollies left standing or knocked over in some previous panic, machinery sounding arthritic in the background without living souls to keep them maintained. All alone, Specimens around every corner, and the elevator seemingly busted, the otherwise dormant laboratory resounds with the droning cacophony of distorted vocal chords closing in on you, with only the flickering light nearby to keep you company.

Admittedly, looking forward to 'moar dirt' on everything, really puts the decaying atmosphere into a claustrophobic locale, and others have already pointed out the oddities I can think of. Thumbs up sirs!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a lot better than the other BioticsLab we have currently. Although, it does still feel a bit bareboned. Lighting seems off at certain places and I noticed that the big blood/meat grinder is half through the wall. I'm not sure if that's intended (I'm aware that both grinders are a single mesh).

I'm not trying to sound like a dick, I just care a lot about good remakes!
When I've got some more time I'll try to point it out with screenshots ;)

Upvote 0

Point out were you sounded like a dick... :confused:

Point is...you didn't . You were constructive and pointed out a few things that might help the progress of building a good map.

People here need to stop beeing apologetic about giving good criticism. If a mapper's feelings are hurt because you gave him a few constructive pointers, then that mapper doesn't belong on these boards.

SIDENOTE - Also: "Great, I got it running on my server!" :p
You trying to get people on your server or do you want the mapper to join yours and go bughunting?
Confusing lol.

ps :If someone spazes out and goes forumwarrior on your ***, saying you insulted the mapper bla bla, just report him. Let the mods take that person outside and dump a bucket of ice-water in his face.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a lot better than the other BioticsLab we have currently. Although, it does still feel a bit bareboned. Lighting seems off at certain places and I noticed that the big blood/meat grinder is half through the wall. I'm not sure if that's intended (I'm aware that both grinders are a single mesh).

When I've got some more time I'll try to point it out with screenshots ;)

Thanks for the feedback! :)
We will try to fix the thing with the meat grinders or replace them with something else.
I'm looking forward to some screenshots showing the lightning.

@Hemi

Constructive feedback never is bad or offensive. However I saw many posts here in this forum which were of little use and just rude. Mappers who just started can't be pros from the beginning. Giving them some constructive feedback always is good but just saying: your map looks like **** and so on won't help but demotivate the mapper.
But lets stay on topic here ;)
Was that sidenote pointed to us? If so we just want ppl to have fun with this map and get it right for the final release :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0