• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Best way easy shotgun damage

lvl 3 support trying to lvl up to get cheaper aa12!

lvl 3 support trying to lvl up to get cheaper aa12!

i realise after playing all the perks, the aa12 is seriously the gun to get! effectively on all types of zeds, shreds the pat quite quickly (with a good team) and has 80 bullets to spare.. problem is, it costs $2399 and i only get it around the 10th wave!

i wonder why other higher lvl players don't buy weapons for their fellow perk players since its cheaper. =p

i usually throw SCARS around to help other commandos (my commando is lvl 5), and the team usually survives longer or wins.

Upvote 0
I'm good as Support myself, only Level 3.

Personally I might consider grinding, so far it's been legit, but I don't think I will.

Yet it's a pain when the whole "By the time you're level 6 you'll be a master at this/that Perk" thing is kind of unbalanced with me. Then again I read everything I can read before starting to level this/that Perk.

Then again, I do often get hit by that one Crawler I'm trying to line up with a Clot.

Upvote 0
When I started, I read and then I just grinded everything to 3 just so I could have something decent to work with in multi.

But yeah, too bad we can't wield dual sawed-off shotguns. Like a pirate. Aarrghh...

"By the time you're level 6 you'll be a master at this/that Perk"

Not really. I've seen lvl 6 sharpshooters spam against a skrake because they couldn't headshot for ****. Pretty sure those types just grind with xbow. I say to really know your perk, you have to be able to kill lots with the most disturbing weapon.

By disturbing, I mean large recoil. Also playing on a different perk than the one you're master at.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Strafing is key with shotgun kills. At level 4, your shotgun will have excellent penetration so strafe yourself into position that when you fire, it will hit multiple targets. It is easy to streetsweep by level 4.

This.

Lining up targets is the best tactic, and so so satisfying to kill like 8 enemies with one blast.

Biotics lab hallways and hunting shotgun double barrel blast ftw.

Upvote 0
It's not so much being a master of your perk at L6, but being reasonably good with it. I have a L6 sharpshooter, courtesy of my skills headshotting with the Handcannon and Crossbow, and the crossbow skills i gained transferred to my L6 medic skills aiming with the MP7.

My L4 support is pretty good, and the Shotgun/Hunting Shotgun works far better than an AA12 taking down the Scrakes. You should shotgun the scrake until he enrages, then pull out the Hunting Shotgun. Wait until he can almost attack you then alt-fire. He should be dead, or if not, Alt-fire again. this is quite possibly the best tactic for scrakes with this weapon loadout.

And remember, specimens take extra damage when they're decapped.
So don't wait for your kills to bleed out, but don't killsteal.

Upvote 0
I once- No, this happens ALOT- decapped a Bloat with the 9mm. It was 50 feet away from EVERYONE.

Level 6 Support comes from around the corner, walks up to it and fires a 5 Shotgun shells at it.

"...Was that even necessary? It was no harm to anyone and that's just plain killstealing."

"LOL KILLSTEAL Stfu n00b I own u stfu stfu"

I almost cry when I see such stupid people.

Anyway, about the "You'll be a master at that Perk if you get it to level 6", that does not count for grinders who have no idea what they're doing.

Upvote 0
"LOL KILLSTEAL Stfu n00b I own u stfu stfu"

Actually it's not a killsteal if you never got the kill in the first place. Because if you decap specimens, BUT they're still alive and they just bleed out, it doesn't count as a kill on your part.

You can experiment with this the next time you play with bloats. Just check your money counter when it bleeds out.

Upvote 0
I go on hard sometimes at lvl 3 sometimes. I just start with lvl 5 SS so I have something to work with, then I play commando or any other needed class once I get enough money. I usually don't worry because I stick close to someone who covers my back and I get headshots pretty well, especially with SCAR scope.

Upvote 0