• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best multiplayer stand-alone 2015.

I consider KF1 to be probably THE best zombie coop survival game out there. KF2 has potential to improve on KF1, but I'll hold final judgment until all the perks are out and balanced. I get frustrated by a lot of what I see currently, but I know the game has a long way to go to reach the maturity of KF1.

I'm hopeful though. :)

Upvote 0
I consider KF1 to be probably THE best zombie coop survival game out there. KF2 has potential to improve on KF1, but I'll hold final judgment until all the perks are out and balanced. I get frustrated by a lot of what I see currently, but I know the game has a long way to go to reach the maturity of KF1.

I'm hopeful though. :)

I totally agree.

KF2 is a top game already and the effort behind everything we've got of it so far really shows. However, it doesn't have the depth of KF1 because the current state of balance is pretty much a placeholder for me and the partially buggy UI still misses many (ought to be) standard features.

Upvote 0
In my opinion KF1 is quite boring and not challenging enough to keep my attention. Compared to it's contemporary competitors, it's one of the best.

We're not talking classic games. Games currently in development or released this year.

A game that has been released but is receiving incremental updates can be judged in it's current state as a nominee, since we're not actually seriously doing anything. Obv that wouldn't work for reals.

I guess we also have to restrict it to first-person games at least, since DOTA-like hero brawlers can't be reasonably compared to these games.

Nope.

First 2015 is not over yet.

Second the new Warhammer end times http://store.steampowered.com/app/235540

Predictions man! I would try that game. The gameplay on their store page isn't as fluid as KF2's is, so we'll see. This is what I was hoping for, multi-player only arena or COOP games to watch I wasn't aware of.

The game that comes to mind as topping it would be Destiny, but I am frustrated over the big corporate business model. The simple fact that you'd even compare Tripwire's game to Bungie though is really ape, and arguably Destiny doesn't fit the description as a multi-player only game. You're going to spend hundreds of hours grinding alone to unlock that game's potential. (which is what I meant when I said stand-alone, but that wasn't clear).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
IDK man, the new camping meta is destroying the game...
Everybody goes under the stairs in Evac point or in the tunnel in catacombs, trucks in outpost, in the bloody room in biolabs, door tanking in paris...
I mean, 90% of the map is unused. You sit there, 2 zerkers tanking, 2 medics healing, and 2 more perks. Its just boring... We need some anti camping vents or something, or new zeds that can teleport? Anything is great until people start changing spots every once a wave.

Upvote 0
IDK man, the new camping meta is destroying the game...
Everybody goes under the stairs in Evac point or in the tunnel in catacombs, trucks in outpost, in the bloody room in biolabs, door tanking in paris...
I mean, 90% of the map is unused. You sit there, 2 zerkers tanking, 2 medics healing, and 2 more perks. Its just boring... We need some anti camping vents or something, or new zeds that can teleport? Anything is great until people start changing spots every once a wave.

Holy **** I ****ing love you. I agree! I fight to get people moving in every game, and it's frustrating. Get a mic, people respond to VOIP.

It's brought me to believe the lack of a legitimate down-time to explore and learn the map or converse movement strategy is actually the game's greatest weak point.

I can't get people to realize running large circles with planned escape detours is a good strategy because I have no time to teach them.

The best part is that it doesn't work a large percentage of the time, causing the team to get killed with no reasonable escape route and enemies coming from every entry point. The Scrake and FP are effectively countering camping, almost every time a team loses. It's just our playerbase is downright too brick stupid to realize the problem isn't the Scrake's health, it's that they're fighting it in a phonebooth instead of poking it on the run.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't care so much if they get an Award, although KF2 definitely will get them. Evolve dominated E3 with awards, and look how that turned out in the end. I want KF2 to have a large following, a long legacy, just like KF1 did. Awards come and go, but a legacy is something you don't forget, whether you are part of it as a player, a developer, or somewhere in between.

Legacy games are almost a revolution. When I think of it that way, I was a participant in the Doom revolution, the Unreal Tournament revolution, the Counter-Strike revolution, and yes, the Call Of Duty revolution. This doesn't discount other games that were revolutions in their own right, just that they didn't take the world by storm on the same scale. Of coarse I know KF1 wasn't a revolution on the same scale as those games were. Sure lots of people played KF1, but they came and went. Will KF2 become the Next Big Thing? Only time will tell :D

Upvote 0
I will judge when I have a new PC so that I can play KF2 with more than 20 - 30 FPS jumping to 150 during trader time and sometime? 15 when there are a lot of burning things on Low graphics with gore turned off.

For now, for me personaly, KF2 is not playable.

The new update borke the game for me so I am not giving KF2 any awards and will play other games untill I can fully experience it as it is intended.

Don't care that my friends allready have all the achievements exploiting the maps :) KF2 acheavements don't matter at all - it's not like in KF1 ...

Black ops 3 zombies look promising but I'm not getting into that untill the game costs about 5 bucks ... that's how you buy CoD games :D

Also TWI giving promotions during early access trying to get morepeople in and forgetting about their hardcore fans that have bought the game on day 1 just to support them .... I have the feeling that it's all going downhill but we will live and see ...

Upvote 0
Today I got pissed at a stalker that was evading my melee bash in the metro. Worried that I would get boxed in after two or three fumbles, I just decide to shunt her with my RPG from about two feet away.

Turns out it wasn't a waste.

As ZED time kicks from an ally, the rocket leaves the launcher and impacts her chest while she jumps mid-air. This throws her body against the wall making a big oval splat, as the rocket pings away. I just stand there like "that just happened, in 2015 a ragdoll in an Unreal game made me pause."

It just, it has this element of extremely epic bull other co-op survival "gauntlet" games do not have. Left 4 Dead 2 had it's moments when you were alone.

Sure, it's pretty boring if you play it safe. But if you walk the razor's edge in KF2, there are thrills, chills, and oh-so-sudden spills.

I played Evolve. It was poorly designed, structurally. Actions didn't read well, it was often hard to tell what was going on, and the prevailing strategy was conflict avoidance. Snooze. We're not E3 and our opinions don't have to be beholden to some corporate shillfest.

Black Ops 3 could be very good, but it's a very different audience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0