• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best AMD driver?

Hey guys, I decided to try the beta driver before anything since it addressed CCC's lag issue. I'm happy to report I can now totally max out the game with every setting now at 50+ fps on my 6950 2gb. Before in this map I got 25fps. So please try it out, it might save you a ton of grief.

I still might try rolling back to 11.2 later but as of now I see no point.

Thanks!

Also fps dips have totally vanished.
And CCC does infact open instantly.

Game feels smooooth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just tried the 11.2 drivers, and from a completely clean install they actually decreased my performance. This doesn't mean that they won't help other people, but for my specific card (Sapphire TE 5850 2Gb) it actually hurt.
Ah, that created a new possible cause in my mind: the CCC settings are too high for the card to handle that game. You know, telling CCC or nV Panel to make high quality forces (if I'm any correct) best graphics in addition to the game's own ones. At least it looks like so, cuz ever since we used lowest possible in CCC/nV and set them in game it runs just fine like it should be expected.

Upvote 0
No, that isn't what is happening, atleast for me. I am using the default CCC settings, and more than anything other driver versions have lowered GPU usage. The 5850, even a nice one like mine, is a mid-range card, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the game is only using 40% of it's power.
The default ones use medium settings ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0