• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Beserker Help?

<3<3

Feb 16, 2011
help for beserker?
im level 5 and im kinda confused on the stunnning scrake ( not flinching )
alt firing its head with a fireaxe will stun it? and whats the benefit of that when you can just whack it with a katana? is it more efficent to stun it? or just keep katanaing it.

btw any tips on crawlers? they are so ****ing annoying. I run down the hallway to see a gleaming gold, succulent horde of gorefasts and clots, just waiting to die, and i just get plain pissed to notice 6 crawlers pop out of a bloats *** knowing im going to lose 70% or more of my armor just for kills.

and also, can someone clarify on the chainsaw. Some say dont use it, some say the alt fire is rapetastic. Is it good for tearing through hordes with crawlers?
and what are your perfered loadouts? Mines the katana + lar + fireaxe

Skunk's post is really outdated, and while Scary does know what he's talking about, that post won't be very helpful to beginning players.

Here is what you should know regarding scrakes and crawlers:

1. At level 6, secondary axe headshot stuns scrakes for ~1.5 seconds
2. Never use a sidearm for crawlers; Reloading will get you killed. Learn to make them jump at you. Back up, crouch, and swipe at them with your weapon. Crouching allows you to hit them without looking at the ground = better awareness. This will take time to master.
3. Movement and awareness are essential. If you're having trouble with crawlers spawning right around a corner, your mistake isn't being unable to take them out; Your mistake is not knowing they were going to be there, and not adjusting your position accordingly.

Learn the maps. Learn the spawns. Everything else is just kiting, PATIENCE and a lot of experience. Enough practice and you'll know where the dangerous spots are, when/where to run, and what is going to spawn somewhere before it happens. After you master these, you'll need to practice/learn on running with teams of people; Easy to accomplish, but very hard to master elegantly.

Loadouts
Small Maps: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48839
Large Maps: At minimum: Axe+Xbow. Drop a katana too for convenience sake. When you drop something for the katana, make it your xbow (Need axe on hand at all times for raging scrakes)

Some general, "P.S." tips:

"I run down the hallway to see a gleaming gold, succulent horde of gorefasts and clots, just waiting to die"

As you get better you'll leave this mentality behind. The better berserkers don't rush in, or search for the kill; such a mind set will cause tunnel vision and get you killed. There is only ONE thing you should be focusing on, and that's survival. Minimize how much damage you take. This requires very advanced map/zed knowledge, and a sharp awareness of your surroundings.

Related to my last point, there is a difference between surviving and running away. Running away is stalling (Sometimes necessary), while surviving is negating the zeds' ability to harm you while dismantling the horde.

Basically, there's a world of knowledge out there regarding how to play berserkers effectively. You can only get that by playing A LOT, and seeing better players take on maps.

When you can consistently duo biotics labs (post #18/21/23) on 6 man HoE, your training will be complete.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Skunk's post is really outdated, and while Scary does know what he's talking about, that post won't be very helpful to beginning players.

Here is what you should know regarding scrakes and crawlers:

1. At level 6, secondary axe headshot stuns scrakes for ~1.5 seconds
2. Never use a sidearm for crawlers; Reloading will get you killed. Learn to make them jump at you. Back up, crouch, and swipe at them with your weapon. Crouching allows you to hit them without looking at the ground = better awareness. This will take time to master.
3. Movement and awareness are essential. If you're having trouble with crawlers spawning right around a corner, your mistake isn't being unable to take them out; Your mistake is not knowing they were going to be there, and not adjusting your position accordingly.

Learn the maps. Learn the spawns. Everything else is just kiting, PATIENCE and a lot of experience. Enough practice and you'll know where the dangerous spots are, when/where to run, and what is going to spawn somewhere before it happens. After you master these, you'll need to practice/learn on running with teams of people; Easy to accomplish, but very hard to master elegantly.

Loadouts
Small Maps: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=48839[/URL]
Large Maps: At minimum: Axe+Xbow. Drop a katana too for convenience sake. When you drop something for the katana, make it your xbow (Need axe on hand at all times for raging scrakes)

Some general, "P.S." tips:

"I run down the hallway to see a gleaming gold, succulent horde of gorefasts and clots, just waiting to die"

As you get better you'll leave this mentality behind. The better berserkers don't rush in, or search for the kill; such a mind set will cause tunnel vision and get you killed. There is only ONE thing you should be focusing on, and that's survival. Minimize how much damage you take. This requires very advanced map/zed knowledge, and a sharp awareness of your surroundings.

Related to my last point, there is a difference between surviving and running away. Running away is stalling (Sometimes necessary), while surviving is negating the zeds' ability to harm you while dismantling the horde.

Basically, there's a world of knowledge out there regarding how to play berserkers effectively. You can only get that by playing A LOT, and seeing better players take on maps.

When you can consistently duo biotics labs (post #18/21/23) on 6 man HoE, your training will be complete.

I dunno. I always go in looking for a kill. If I didn't get the viceral feeling of slicing up a horde with my blade as my teammates watch my back, Berserker wouldn't be half as fun as it is.

You just gotta learn to do so smarter and know when to run and run fast!

Reactions: Starsky
Upvote 0
Level 5 zerker is enough to stun scrake with axe alt-fire to the head even on 6p HoE.

Never use a sidearm for crawlers; Reloading will get you killed.
This tip is good for soloing. When playing in the team, you usually don't have so much time to kite crawlers. And if you are letting crawlers to pass you and get to other teammates, you will be kicked faster than death reaches you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
help for beserker?
im level 5 and im kinda confused on the stunnning scrake ( not flinching )
alt firing its head with a fireaxe will stun it? and whats the benefit of that when you can just whack it with a katana? is it more efficent to stun it? or just keep katanaing it.

Katana will not stun SC on HoE.

btw any tips on crawlers? they are so ****ing annoying. I run down the hallway to see a gleaming gold, succulent horde of gorefasts and clots, just waiting to die, and i just get plain pissed to notice 6 crawlers pop out of a bloats *** knowing im going to lose 70% or more of my armor just for kills.

and also, can someone clarify on the chainsaw. Some say dont use it, some say the alt fire is rapetastic. Is it good for tearing through hordes with crawlers?
and what are your perfered loadouts? Mines the katana + lar + fireaxe

I only use the chainsaw because I spawn with it, but most times I use the knife instead because the chainsaw noise hurts my head.

On early waves I like the Katana, axe, M79. The M79 is great for dealing with Crawlers mixed in with other Zeds. I normaly trade out the M79 for the LAR around wave 8, due to Husk, Sirens, Scrakes, and FP's

Last edited:
Reactions: sph34r
Upvote 0