• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Berserker's Weapons

Bill Nye The Science Spy

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
America
When i play Berserker i use Katana + Axe + LAR. Im keeping with Katana and Axe but for the higher difficulties like Suicidal and HoE i dont think they are going to be able to do enough damage. I was thinking instead of the LAR of using these: Bullpup, Ak-47, Dual HCs , M79, or MP7. The only thing is...
I find the LAR doing more damage than bullpup. The ak-47 costs 1000 on base and if i ask a lvl 6 commando to do it,it would still cost 300 which is kinda alot on Suicidal and HoE. Dual HCs are good but still expensive at 1000 for both or if i ask a lvl 6 SS it still costs 300 and the ammo is a little expensive at almost 2 pounds a bullet. I could ask a medic to buy me the MP7 for very little but i usually just use the ranged for killed crawlers and sometimes head shotting bloats,And the MP7 doesn't do alot of damage and has only 20 bullet clips if your not a medic. The only other choice is the M79 which is powerful but costs 1250 base and if i ask a lvl 6 demo its $360 and still 10 pounds per grenade.Is there any other weapons i should use or should i stick with LAR because it can 1 hit kill crawlers even on HoE. And then just give the rest of my money to my team mates?

When i play Berserker i use Katana + Axe + LAR. Im keeping with Katana and Axe but for the higher difficulties like Suicidal and HoE i dont think they are going to be able to do enough damage. I was thinking instead of the LAR of using these: Bullpup, Ak-47, Dual HCs , M79, or MP7. The only thing is...
I find the LAR doing more damage than bullpup. The ak-47 costs 1000 on base and if i ask a lvl 6 commando to do it,it would still cost 300 which is kinda alot on Suicidal and HoE. Dual HCs are good but still expensive at 1000 for both or if i ask a lvl 6 SS it still costs 300 and the ammo is a little expensive at almost 2 pounds a bullet. I could ask a medic to buy me the MP7 for very little but i usually just use the ranged for killed crawlers and sometimes head shotting bloats,And the MP7 doesn't do alot of damage and has only 20 bullet clips if your not a medic. The only other choice is the M79 which is powerful but costs 1250 base and if i ask a lvl 6 demo its $360 and still 10 pounds per grenade.Is there any other weapons i should use or should i stick with LAR because it can 1 hit kill crawlers even on HoE. And then just give the rest of my money to my team mates?
The katana and axe should cover most things you run into but I, personally, recommend one handcannon due to the fact that two will likely cause you to waste ammunition while one should have a high enough damage output to deal with anything you'd have to shoot.

Upvote 0
You pointed it out yourself, didn't you?
You're only using the ranged weapons for Crawlers and Bloats and what is there better than a weapon for 200 bucks that can one-shot Crawlers and even stun Husks?

The only decent alternative you mentioned is the M79 as it comes in really handy at times.

Upvote 0
You pointed it out yourself, didn't you?
You're only using the ranged weapons for Crawlers and Bloats and what is there better than a weapon for 200 bucks that can one-shot Crawlers and even stun Husks?

The only decent alternative you mentioned is the M79 as it comes in really handy at times.

Just make sure you don't kill your armour.

Upvote 0
The katana / axe / lar setup does plenty of damage on HoE. The katana and axe can 1 shot 7 of the 9 specimens and the LAR can 2 shot sirens and husks and safely dispose of fleshpounds. It's not the best load out on every map but it's never a bad choice. The only downside is that you can't hit multiple targets but that's something you can work around with the berserker's super speed and teamwork. The upside is it is very cheap to maintain and purchase. As a level 6 zerker, you can easily afford this load out by wave 3, or 2 if you get a good chunk of the wave 1 kills, and LAR ammo is a cheap at

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lately I've been running katana/xbow a lot. My biggest threats as a zerker are husks and sirens and xbow is the best way to dispose them. Katana can still stun scrakes if you attack their head from behind (at lv 6 at least), but I still like to drop an axe in a convenient location just in case. Anyways, the only reason one would need an axe is for scrakes, as katana works fine for everything else.

Otherwise, I use the typical katana/axe/lar. LAR is one of the most versatile weapons in the game. Sure, it has a long reload but you can interrupt it so it doesn't matter. It can 1 shot clots, crawlers and stalkers, decap gorefasts and bloats, and 2 shot husks and sirens. I'm personally not too crazy about the m79 unless I have something else as a backup, since it tends to run out of ammo quickly on the later waves of hoe.

Upvote 0