• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield Players Look @ RO2

My concerns about RO2 really center around:

• is the fanbase increasing;
  • does the company have a history of selling out, dumbing things down or ignoring bugs or do they nurture their games and their PC clientele;
  • do their games have authenticity and realism (the simpletons at EA/DICE refer to Marines as "Soldiers" like a bunch of uninformed halfwits);
  • can a clan comprised of of Marines, Sailors, Soldiers and Airmen (i.e., men and women that have BTDT / "Been There, Done That") enjoy an experience where they can employ the things they have been taught in the real-world?
For the record, I'm currently downloading RO2. :)

For the first point, it is very hard to say whether or not the fanbase is increasing. It's been while since I've played, but I would not often play with the same people twice. Everytime I joined a server that had familiar names, they would be replaced by complete new comers the next time I would join the server. This could be just due to the hype coming with the release, or these people could be new, hardcore, fans.

The second point is a sticky one. That does come down to personal opinion. I'll try to point out some things that TW has done differently compared to RO1, and some points that have debated on this board-

• Commanders have the power to call in a Recon bi-plane that relays exposed enemy positions to everyone that has the map up. As far as I know, it's unknown on whether or not you can actually shoot them down before positions start getting called out.
  • There are several weapons in the game that are considered to be prototypes, in which none have been proven to actually have been used during Stalingrad.
  • In Press Releases, TW stated that the prototypes would be only given to Hero classes. This is not the case in-game.
  • Tank turret controls are controlled using the mouse, rather than WASD like in RO1.
  • Bandaging has been added to replace the old RO1 system, in which in stead of dropping your weapon when shot in the arm or head, or slowed down when shot in the leg, you must bandage the wound before you slowly bleed out.
  • You can effectively control a tank by yourself, as you can control the driver by using WASD, while controlling the turret using the mouse.
  • By pressing Shift while looking down the ironsights, your camera will zoom, allowing for a better view.
These are not even half of the points on these boards that have been brought up. Some of them have been argued to death too.

For your third question, you can refer above from some authenticity issues. Again, it comes down to opinion. TW didn't really focus on what either side calls themselves, as you have probably seen now that you have the game.

The fourth question...well...hmm... I'll just say this, the game is very fast paced, so I personally don't see real world tactics working very well in the game.

Upvote 0
I doubt that has to do with how "fun" the game is, but rather in which time period it was sold. There's just more potential buyers these days as the market has shown tremendous growth even competing with the film industry.

Big companies judge what they do on popularity, if it has 2D graphics and everything is pixelated, or maps are just absolutely tiny, but 10 million people love it they'll go with it. Even if they can pull of Crysis graphics or ARMA maps.

Thanks to children and idiots with short attention spans all our games nowadays, suck.

Upvote 0