• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

The server browser shows servers with friendly fire on as hardcore servers, that's the problem.

LOL

Well the patch did fix a lot of the little issue there are still some annoying problems that remain.

I guess it still a good time killer but im starting to get to lose interest. The sniping is kinda of a joke when the attacking team has over half their team sitting back, wish there was a way to limit classes... An other thing i have to stop doing is spawning on a teammate because about half the time i get shot as i spawn.

One final grip is the hacking. I don't know what the point of punk buster is but it doesn't seem to work for very long. Had a good round on one map and then the very next round the sever filled up with hackers. After I left the server one of my buddies was telling me the admin was kicking a bunch of people. Oh well need to find a know good server that is filled all the time.

Upvote 0
Well on one hand because looking at when the game was released combined with having already spent 295 hours on it seems kinda like having no life at all and on the other hand it seems kinda impossible to me, I think I'm level 15 after 24h and those 24h already seem like a months time to me, now take that x12 = :eek:

lol just did the math and that averages out to 5-6 hours EVERYday! guess my average of 1 hour a day doesnt seem so bad any more :p Really taking the RPG aspect to the extreme with the need to level. The one RPG i tried (age of Conan) i knew of people that took a week off so they could level and "beat" the game. I don't know how they did it with most of the game being a grind.

You have to also look at it that its suppose to take the average person a long time and keep you hooked and playing... until the expansion.

Upvote 0
Well on one hand because looking at when the game was released combined with having already spent 295 hours on it seems kinda like having no life at all and on the other hand it seems kinda impossible to me, I think I'm level 15 after 24h and those 24h already seem like a months time to me, now take that x12 = :eek:
And for what reason do we expect 'having a life' and playing video games a bit to coincide?? :p

Upvote 0
@Ender
I've got a 28 slot Rush Dallas based server running.
FF On, 3rd person vehicle cameras off.
Its not hardcore, however.
Floyd's Dark Side - Dallas- FF on - PBBans Streaming

I'm running the full gambit of PBBans' MD5 and hack checks. Streaming to PBBans as well. Though not perfect against hackers, its a pro-active start.....

The hard part is getting it filled up. :eek: There are 10,000+ other servers competing against it.

Xendance said:
I fixed the spawn buttons freezes by setting my antivirus software to exclude BC2 folder (in my documents folder) from realtime protection
Worked like a charm for me....THX!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The server browser shows servers with friendly fire on as hardcore servers, that's the problem.

DICE now defines "Hard Core" as "Anything not Stock option".. our clan server became "hard Core" because we turned off Kill Cam.... and instally the server went to dead.

Incidentally, the 'set your clan at signin' has given me the ability to use it for mild statements about the title.. my current clantag in BC2 is [KCam!=HC].

Upvote 0
Seems to be a lot of talk about recons ruining hardcore. I love those guys. Shoot them with a tracer dart if they are on the other team, launch a rocket into the air and watch it come screaming down on top of their head! If the recons on your team are pissing you off by not helping cap objectives... shoot them with a tracer dart and give their position away! They eventually give up and try another class.

Upvote 0