• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Rak

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 2005
D
Mind=blown

YouTube - Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Battlefield Moments - Episode 2 HD

Anyone with a PS3 can try it right now through beta, and there will be a PC beta during December as well.

I'm playing the PS3 version right now and it's absolutely incredible. There's no lag at all(dedicated servers) and surprisingly there's a lot of teamwork going on. One thing I'm most amazed is the sounds, they're the best combat sounds I've ever heard in any game. It was previously held by RO :)

You can get the beta codes from Gamespot.

http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/battlefield-bc2-beta

Anyone with the beta please add me on PSN: rakgitarmen.

If ROHOS had this level of destructibility it would be the ultimate war game period.

Still, this looks like a metric **** ton of fun. The sounds do sound incredible. We're reaching a whole new level of wargame/FPS with this kind of dynamic destruction :).

Are you sure it's coming out for PC? I thought I remembered BFBC1 not being for PC.

I haven't really followed this series is it basically same gameplay as BF2/2142? 64 players objective capping?

Any idea what the requirements are? If I can run 2142 on high can I run this on medium/low?

Nothing funky like requiring Vista/DX10 I hope?

Any idea what's encouraging team work? Is it the same squad system as BF2/2142?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just read that they decided to not give the pc version prone :\
wut?

last time i read was that they will give prone to PC but not to consoles...
but that was at last 1 week ago

seems like the console kids (who whined because they didnt get prone but PC did) got what they wanted, less features for PC because they are too retarded to use them! :mad:

Upvote 0
wut?

last time i read was that they will give prone to PC but not to consoles...
but that was at last 1 week ago

seems like the console kids (who whined because they didnt get prone but PC did) got what they wanted, less features for PC because they are too retarded to use them! :mad:

Geez, Bad Company 1 players were all crying for a prone position. Devs chose not to include.

Upvote 0
Geez, Bad Company 1 players were all crying for a prone position. Devs chose not to include.

indeed, but last time i had a look in their forums there was a dev stating that PC would have prone
that was about 1 week ago in a console whine thread asking why the PC version had so many better/additional features

a DICE dev then cam into that discussion saying that the PC community deserved a true PC game, as they had been ignored for so long

you can imagine the console kiddoes raaaaagggeeee >_<

and now there is no prone in PC?
thats strange...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like hell of a lot of fun, well presented and the sounds are brilliant.

This is not something i want to play on my PC though. Looks great for a console.

Not the evolution i expect out of the Battlefield series. Some more information about BF3 would be nice but i guess they don't want to overshadow BC2 that much when its close to release.

Upvote 0
Yes, prone is going to be in the PC Version (I also think they quoted will have higher player count too). The Devs stated that when they tested prone for the Console version of Bad Company due the smaller average resolutions used, people found it got them killed less often and camped a large majority of the game. When they tested it for PC however they saw people were still moving up and pushing, so they determined that Consoles wouldn't get prone but PCs would.

Upvote 0
Yes, prone is going to be in the PC Version (I also think they quoted will have higher player count too). The Devs stated that when they tested prone for the Console version of Bad Company due the smaller average resolutions used, people found it got them killed less often and camped a large majority of the game. When they tested it for PC however they saw people were still moving up and pushing, so they determined that Consoles wouldn't get prone but PCs would.

yup i read that too
i was just shocked at what Zetsumei wrote

Just read that they decided to not give the pc version prone :\

raaaaaaaage >_<

Upvote 0

PC will have 32 players but there won't be any prone positions in any version.

This is what DICE had to say about prone in console versions:

Originally Posted by zerk16
DICE feels that because the console versions of the game is at such a lower resolution (1280x720), compared to PC resolutions (as high as 2560x1600), that prone was breaking the fast paced action of the game and that it was too camper friendly. When DICE played with prone on consoles other players were nearly impossible to see while prone (until it was too late), and the matches often resulted in a camping festival between the defending team and the attacking team, complete with smores and campfire songs. The overall atmosphere felt slow, and the game wasn’t at its full fast-paced potential. When DICE played the matches with the prone turned off, it forced camping players to put more thought into their hiding spots, and it gave the attackers less of a disadvantage being able to see who was shooting at them and resulted in more fast paced gameplay. People like yourself can go on and on about how in real life prone is the most important battle stance in a firefight, but obviously this isn’t real life, and you should play ARMA2 or something if you really want it, or purchase the PC version .

But then one of the lead game designers tweeted twice:

@M0t0rBreath no prone in any sku of BC2, sorry! Hours are variable.. but an 8 hr day is standard when we are not crunching...

@AinEstonia there will be no prone.. we tried it many times and decided it didn't feel right for the dynamic, destructible world we made.

Upvote 0
ok thats a HUGE letdown for me...
doesnt fit their destructible enviroment?!?

oh come on, if i get the wall im hiding behind shot away in front of me the most logic thing on earth is to prone
especially in a game that features destructible enviroment

seems like console kids got what they wanted when they cried that the PC version got more stuff -.-'

Upvote 0
I've been following this game closely and saw that topic too. It just seems that dice corrected their statement about the PC beta being open. http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/11991115-post90.htmlhttp://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/11991115-post90.html

Although nothing is confirmed until we see an official statement.

No prone being in the game doesn't really matter to me, at least we won't have to deal w/ dolphin diving idiots.

I'm most excited about DX11 being supported :)

check out these videos
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/341610.pagehttp://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/341610.page

nicely detailed FAQ about BFBC2
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2020118http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2020118

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No prone being in the game doesn't really matter to me, at least we won't have to deal w/ dolphin diving idiots.

This is the only good thing about it, no more debates with people who thought that was a good feature in BF2. Hopefully theres no bunny hopping either.

Downside is that it really limits the keyboard and how you use it. Battles can become really straight forward if you can't have some advantages when defending positions.

Upvote 0