• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

BF3 has a cinematic quality to it that BFBC2 lacked. But that's also what I started to get annoyed with. The frequency of quick time events kind of reeked of a guy who felt like he was directing a movie, instead of making a game.

While BC2 might have been a big cliche all its own, at least it didn't feel pretentious. BF3 had pretension down pat though, right on through to the phrase "What would you do for your country?" as the sub-title of the last mission.

I find it hard to disagree with you. That being said, the weapons feel so much better in BF3 that I think I had an equal amount of fun playing both games. In BC2 the ugly models, animations and sounds really annoyed me. I never liked the weapons in BC2 as they felt so under powered save for the G3.

Speaking of the G3, it will take so long for me to unlock that in BF3. :(

Yesterday I unlocked the SA80, and now I have to find someone to kill with a repair torch because the HK-53 I picked up was very easy to get kills with.

Upvote 0
I find it hard to disagree with you. That being said, the weapons feel so much better in BF3 that I think I had an equal amount of fun playing both games. In BC2 the ugly models, animations and sounds really annoyed me. I never liked the weapons in BC2 as they felt so under powered save for the G3.

Speaking of the G3, it will take so long for me to unlock that in BF3. :(

Yesterday I unlocked the SA80, and now I have to find someone to kill with a repair torch because the HK-53 I picked up was very easy to get kills with.
Running 12 succesful COOP missions on hard and you get that G3! Its a really good rifle + you get all the other unlocks from COOP. The S553 or something is great also (engineer's weapon) with holo. It's like a SCAR combined with the G3.

Upvote 0
Running 12 succesful COOP missions on hard and you get that G3! Its a really good rifle + you get all the other unlocks from COOP. The S553 or something is great also (engineer's weapon) with holo. It's like a SCAR combined with the G3.
why on hard since easy gets you more points? Plus, there are some expolits in las coop mission.
I didn't like SG553, almost as bad as QBZ-95. Big recoil, medium-low rate of fire and rather mediocre damage. Really no advantages over SCAR, M4A1, A-91, AKSU or G38C

Upvote 0
Is there anyway to view a weapons "stats"? For example, does the G-36 do any more damage than the M4A1?

What I find interesting in this game is that the vehicle with the second most kills for me is the AAV, even though I hardly use it. The AAV can take out MBTs with ease. :eek: Everytime I get inside as a gunner I kill many enemies with the 40mm.

Upvote 0
I didn't like SG553, almost as bad as QBZ-95. Big recoil, medium-low rate of fire and rather mediocre damage. Really no advantages over SCAR, M4A1, A-91, AKSU or G38C
I came to this conclusion too. At first I thought the gun was quite nice at first, compared to all its predecessors. But even at medium with a grip and your choice of optics, it's got a lot of recoil, and makes for even worse long range accuracy.

With all the long range shooting you do in BF3, SMGs seem to be at a real handicap compared to your readily available, generic assault rifle. And it feels like even on hardcore, you have to hit someone 5 times in the chest to kill them. Compared to ARs which hold their damage better over range.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I came to this conclusion too. At first I thought the gun was quite nice at first, compared to all its predecessors. But even at medium with a grip and your choice of optics, it's got a lot of recoil, and makes for even worse long range accuracy.

With all the long range shooting you do in BF3, SMGs seem to be at a real handicap compared to your readily available, generic assault rifle. And it feels like even on hardcore, you have to hit someone 5 times in the chest to kill them. Compared to ARs which hold their damage better over range.

The one exception might be the UMP-45, at least in small maps. It seems to do more damage than most rifles.

Upvote 0
Bought this some days ago and I have played 20 hours of it. The one thing that amazes me in this game, is how much there is trolling, hacking, insulting, flaming, and generally fighting over the chat. And when some servers have the forgive/punish thing, I noticed that almost no-one ever forgives anyone. Just punish and punish and after that asking on chat "u mad bro?"

I guess I have to go back to RO2.

Upvote 0