• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Axis Tanks = Owned?

I had this with tanks sometimes.

Particularly, when you fight against a IS2. If your Panther/Tiger is red, it can happen that a shoot from the IS2 bounce off, but the tank is dead. It allso happens with the T34 (76 and 85), if you get a hit from a tiger/Panther, that richochets it tourns your tank yellow/red sometimes or even destroying it completly.

The damage for the tanks, works so far i know somewhat on a "hit-point" system. I could not say this really. But i seen in a clan fight, that a Tiger was hit by several T34/76 and he loost "health" (from 600 to 590 and so on) from shots that richochets. Dont ask me how my clan mate made this visible ... but i could read it in his message.

The tank system as whole is somewhat working very weird sometimes. I think a combination from bugs and something else ... who knows ... i hope for the next patch to fix it.

"Hit-point"system is realistic for tanks. 10 AP 7.62 for Tiger , these are damaged wheels, the mechanism of turn of a turret , optics, welding, cracks in the armur , wounds of crew by fragments of the armur . The tank will be sent in repair.

Upvote 0
"Hit-point"system is realistic for tanks. 10 AP 7.62 for Tiger , these are damaged wheels, the mechanism of turn of a turret , optics, welding, cracks in the armur , wounds of crew by fragments of the armur . The tank will be sent in repair.
From what I've heard, there's this case of a Tiger in North Afrika that was hit a total of 250 times by AT guns, bazooka's etc... Now I'm not sure if it got imobilsed or not but the Tiger did need a lot of repair work afterwards. The great thing about the Tiger is it's armour quality, the Tiger armour held up to all that punisment and I don't think the armour even cracked.
So in a way I still think the Tiger should be surving a lot of these shots to it's frontal armour and even side armour if by small weapons.

Upvote 0