• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Awesome! Optimus Mini Three unveiled!!

Lev_Astov

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
In a Shilka
Check this thing out! it's so cool! Unveiled moments ago at www.artlebedev.com, it's the Optimus Mini Three, by Art. Lebedev in Moscow. It is a three key board with 96x96 OLED screens in each key. It comes with a program to interface it with your computer programs to display all sorts of things you might want to click. The program is supposedly open-source, so you can do whatever you want with it to make it even better.
optimus-mini-34.jpg

I was hoping they would unveil something about the full optimus keyboard today, but I will most likely be buying this anyway! I'm sure I'll find some way to use it in RO, but for now, it's just cool!

By the end of this year there is going to be a full sized keyboard with every key containing an OLED screen like this, but until then, this will do.

Duke:hazzard said:
$100 for only 3 keys? What kind of price are they expecting on the full keyboard.

thats from another forum, you scare me.

But yeah, I'll get the full sized one. It will rock so hard for gaming. Imagine playing ROO with it and having it change when you got in a tank or when you were an infantryman, heck it might even be able to show you what weapons you had!

Where I would really use it would be with photoshop or with 3dsmax. Forget memorizing key mappings, you can learn them by just looking at the keyboard :)!

Upvote 0
It looks interesting. The only worry I'd have with a full keyboard is the "travel" and feel of the keys.

Remember the first IBM PC keyboards that had that chunky click feel to them? I absolutely hated those keyboards.

I'm a touch typist and can hammer out text at a very high rate. I want a keyboard where key travel is smooth and the keypress pressure is low (if you know what I mean).

Upvote 0