• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Autobalance teams...

Catalyst, try playing on non-russian server. it'll be a very different experience, you will be surprised: team stacking goes the other way there, 18vs13 in Axis favour is normal almost on any map: Arad, Kessel, Krasnyi - any map.
And do you know that this game counts those player, who only joined the battlefield, but haven't selected their class, as a Russian player?

Upvote 0
RO needs an autobalance feature badly. I think everybody who has played this game for more than 1 minute has seen a scenario much like this: 1 or 2 people constantly say TEAMS, while the rest of the server says STFU n00bz. Most of the time its just a difference of 3 or so players, but sometimes it can go to the extreme - just a few moments ago a server that I was on had 8 Axis and 16 Soviets, and the only response I got after saying "can we even the teams, 8-16..." was "STFU stop complaining". Nobody gives a damn about grossly uneven teams as long as they are the ones with more players, and this **** totally ruins the game. Because very few people these days care about keeping a game fair, most games have an autobalance feature... RO does not. We already have autokick and autoban features, so would it be that hard to add an autobalance feature?

Upvote 0
cry.png

Upvote 0
No autobalance please. Having players bounce between teams is worse than having the occasional imbalance. Sure nobody likes that, but rarely (that I have seen) is it that bad where it is an issue that doesn't rectify itself in a minute or two. It almost always does, or close enough to it anyway.

I would rather switch teams voluntarily (I do if I notice it is out of wack for more than a few minutes) than being bounced around. Just my opinion.

~ edit ~ I rarely see the STFU comment when someone asks for even teams. That is a shame and if it happens too much on a particular server, perhaps better admining is needed or maybe find another server...

Upvote 0
god no autobalance.
The game allready doesn't allow someone to join a team when they are allready 3 men stronger. (on some servers anyway).

I don't want to be forced playing as axis if I don't want to. 95% of the times i go allies with my friends, it would be total bs to have 2 of my friends on allies and the other 2 on axis.

If players are being an ***, go to another server because on TDP i have never heard anyone react that childish and teams get sorted out on that server rather quick by mature people.

Upvote 0
I'm resigned that there will never be an autobalance system. So now I'm certified Russian no matter what. I had a LONG LONG LONG period where I was constantly trying to promote fair play but I finally realized that the favor was all mine and completely hopeless. Now I don't care anymore, no matter what I'm Russian. German fanatics who incessantly teamstack have REALLY ticked me off. So now if you see me in game I'll be on the Russian side and my mercy reservoir is completely empty.

Upvote 0
;)

(Holy ****ing bump btw)
It's nothing personal, just the way it has to be. That's how people want to play so they better enjoy the taste of their own medicine when they get stomped into the ground. I'm a very nice guy out of the game but in game I got tired of being a sucker. My only mission now when I play is for the Russians to win everytime I play.

Upvote 0
Usually the "even the teams" comments are rather... well, not really put more thought in it.

Few days ago I played Arad and the teams were 19 axis 20 allies, and axis people began screaming "even the teams noobs!" all the time, when one guy doesn't really do any diffrence, especially since the axis side was having the upper hand all the time.

And same applied once with Odessa. Allies had one player more than axis and they just kept screaming "omg u assholes even the teams u got 1 guy moar than us!".

Generally up to two guy diffrence with teams barely makes anything special. If it goes three or higher then you can begin to notice some impacts.

I find it just more annoying that people keep saying "even the teams plzz we suck come 2 us!" while they might have more players than the other side. I recall seeing once in Basovka that Axis side had like 8x more guys than Allied side and axis still kept "we need more gemrans plzzz even the teams".

Upvote 0
Good point Mike. It is now my opinion that fair games with even teams are harmful to the RO experience, how could I ever think otherwise. (IRL they never had even teams anyway, lol)

Sarcasm will lead to few smiles and many dead ends.

The RO experience as it is now, is excellent for everyone.. I am against FORCED CONTROLS.

RO was created and written by individuals having the goal of great gaming and gameplay in mind. That involves freewheeling gameplay. Played by individuals interested in a good game not a controlled game.

Besides, there is team balance controls in the game already... Admins must however implement that for it to work. That's the right way to do things - allow the Admins the OPTIONS to utilize certain features.

Now about the crybaby picture... to make myself perfectly clear.... All I have seen, since the release of the Spring update, is a preponderance of squawking, moaning and griping.

Don't these CRYBABIES ever play the game? :)

Upvote 0
Hey all I can say is German fanatics started it and now I'm going to return the favor. Before my PC died I had probably hundreds (and I'm not exagerrating for "effect") of screenshots taken in game of Ridiculous German teamstaking. If I had to estimate I'd say 85% to 90% of RO matches I've had have been with the Germans teamstacking. So maybe 10% (probably less) of my total games have been a fair fight for for Russians. Funny when you consider historically that the Russians had the advantage in numbers isn't it? Also it aways seems to be that the Germans have no problem teamstacking but as soon as the Russians do it they start whining about the teams. So yeah they can dish it out with no problems but they can't take it. I don't play much but when I do you better take note because when I'm playing my team usually wins (not bragging but it's true). GG

Upvote 0
I am curious about something...

Is it team stacking, or is it a bunch of guys (who may be friends) wanting to play together on a PUBLIC server to have fun (what ever that is defined as for them)?

It's like our political correct world, now...if something doesn't taste right in the mouth, we make up a phrase or word to make it sound justified?

Although I have not taken the time to address which team I like or which weapons I favor (small amount of play time to care) I simply click the auto placement button.

But, I can imagine, one day, maybe, having a friend or two, and deciding, wouldn't it be great to play together, we could team up and try doing some lone tactics (two guys with one gun) and flank the enemy...

All of sudden it's team stacking, instead of a bunch of people all over the world, joining PUBLIC servers, they do not have to pay for, who just wanna have fu...un...

(peers around intently)

I'm still confused.

Upvote 0