• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [Att. TWI] Tactical Response update - Missing foliage meshes

Seanchaoz

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 29, 2016
Denmarkia
www.synchaoz.com
Great to see the forums back up again, and also such a wonderful job on the Tactical Response patch, wow I'm really loving all the new stuff!

Except for one critical part: All of the foliage meshes (trees, bushes, etc.) that were introduced into the SDK package library with Black Forest (I don't remember the exact name of the package, but I believe it was something along the lines of "RS_New_Foliage"), are now gone. Which means all the custom maps that referenced those meshes are now missing them as well.

I have spoken to a couple other mappers who have the same issue, having lost many hours of work because of this sudden disappearance. My own upcoming Witching Hour map made extensive use of especially the swamp-like trees from that package, causing the entire outdoor forest area to now look completely gutted and barren.

Is this an intentional removal, or just a temporary one? I realize your desire to clean up the SDK packages by removing assets that are unused in the official maps, but doing it after them being available for more than half a year is now causing a massive backlash on many custom mappers who made use of them.

I sincerely hope that it is just a temporary thing related to the preview version of the patch, but if it is not then I would like to humbly beg you to undo that removal, or at least re-insert the package into the SDK library so that we can "replant" the missing foliage, as it were.

Yeah, we pulled the package because it wasn't meant to be included in the game at all. They were pulled over as a proof of concept collection and forgotten about. We just recently realized that they were in the game and it's best that they not be used at all. They are lacking spattermaps, LODs and a host of other issues that make them more of a detriment to the project than a help.

Upvote 0
I also used some things from that package and didn't opt in for the beta or updated to the lastest version yet, I'll be home this weekend so before it updates I'll try to open it offline to save what I had from that package (some stuff from the game had export or copy greyed out from the content browser even fully loaded, but from the viewport I think anything can be exported as fbx even if the package itself doesn't), if you are on discord I can tag you there the day I try it in case you wanna save some models too

Upvote 0
Just to add; Error console is pointing out a few thousand 'Static mesh actor has NULL Static Mesh property' problems. The actors themselves that used to have these removed-meshes are still present in the map by the thousands, but don't have a physical object attached to them, and I've tried to figure out how to select and delete all these ghost-static-actors as it were, any word or assistance in the matter would be appreciated. ^^

Edit; Fixed! Simple as selecting all the problems via the checking for error console, and clicking the 'delete' button. Derp.

Last edited:
Upvote 0