• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AT rifles=The use?

theta123

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Next to its epic sniping performance=i love sniping people with the PTRD, what else use does this have?

Fighting tanks? Now i know that the 45mm armor of the T34 Simply richocheted these 14.5mm projectiles, but Panzers where vurnable to them for a long time.

The side of a PZIV was never unchanged=30mm
Today i fired 25 shots, yes i went back to reload on Pavlovs house on the side of a PZIV. The range was pretty close at 50 meters, the angle a nice straight one

The PTRD penetrated 40mm at 100meters at a 0 degree angle. More then enough for the side armor of a PZIV right? yet nothing happend! None! The PZIV just stayed there and kept killwhoring everything like if nothing happend!

Am i doing something wrong? or does TWI made this game suddently not historical accuracy because the panzers shouldnt be killed by this method?

I find the AT rifle a good counter against tanks. Start plinking at the tank even if you dont do anything and the tank will start to scan for you instead of the infantry allowing them to advance. A ATR and a friendly tank working in pairs can actually ensure the friendly tank survival. I have about a 100 kills with a AT rifle and I find if I aim for the turret ring, just above the drivers hatch, and rear sprocket I will start to get pentrating hits. Most of the time I get driver/MG kills but this still incapacitates the tank. Actually any sustained fire on a enemy tank can cause suppresion and make it difficult for the operator to aim and fire. Ordinary grenades can have the same effect too.

Reactions: Six_Ten and mokov
Upvote 0
Practice on the weak points. they are finite and precise. ALso I set my sights for 200m to get a better picture of where my round will hit. Slightly above the drivers hatch slit will brew up a MKIV consistently. Just above rear sprocket, and the turret ring which is hard to hit. My favorite is when I hit, penetrate and they dont return fire, then I know their gun is out so I cease fire support the infantry with HE.

Reactions: Tea and Crumpets
Upvote 0
The AT rifle in-game is a hell of a lot better than it was in real life...

Still, I personally find the AT class very handy. I just drop the AT rifle, and run around with my trusty nagant/c96, using AT nades. Once you drop the heavy rifle, it's a lot easier to get within AT nade range :p

I imagine the AT rifle will be a lot more handy if/when light tanks/apc's are added. It should be able to inflict some decent damage on those.

Reactions: Comrade Kaizer
Upvote 0
Next to its epic sniping performance...PTRD
Vazilly didn't think so.

The side of a PZIV was never unchanged=30mm
Incorrect. For the PIV line, the side was changed from 15mm to 20mm to 20mm + 20mm to FHA to 30mm to 30mm + 5mm (skirt) to 40mm (late Jagdpanzer IV) to 40mm + 5mm (Panzer IV/70 + skirt)

The PTRD penetrated 40mm at 100meters at a 0 degree angle
Actually, its 35 mm at 100 meters at 0 degrees with its standard (not the rare tungsten) round.

The PZIV just stayed there and kept killwhoring everything like if nothing happend! Am i doing something wrong? or does TWI made this game suddently not historical accuracy because the panzers shouldnt be killed by this method?
If you are at 100 meters and under at zero degrees aiming at the side or rear of a IV at the crew's bodies and nobody dies then the game is not as realistic as advertised and there is something wrong here.

does TWI made this game suddently not historical accuracy
It seems like it never was. Not even the first RO. Take a look at its overpowered Tiger killer PTRD.

Penetration is even worse than in RO 1
It is overpowered in RO 1. In fact it still is in RO 2 (insert PIV / T34 frontal penetration by PTRS complaint here)

so much for the confirmed truth of the huge panzer weakness in stalingrad towards russian AT rifles. Guess the russians can have nothing historical accurate in there favour.
Incorrect. Depends on what kind of Panzer and Ausf

Last edited:
Upvote 0