• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Assault whistles and HURRRRAAAHHHH

Kalashnikov Slamdunk said:
Stalin made sure every soldier got his vodka before the battles.
1) it was cold, and we needed it to have a warm advantage over germans
2)we heart vodka
3)it wasnt actualy enough to hinder your aim or anything, it was just enough to make u worry less.

What a great guy. :)

Anyway, I also heard something about Germans using whistles to coordinate attacks, but I'm not sure about its credibility. Someone would have to do some research.

I dunno, I always thought the soldiers were a bit too quiet in RO. It's better in Ostfront though. At least there's intensity and panic to the voices now. An "URRAAH!" voice command would be great for sure. Imagine if your entire team did it at the same time. The Germans would be scared shitless :D

Can we add the ability to drink vodka by the way? ;)

Upvote 0
no HURRRRAAAHHHH in game please!

Why?

Because i dont want, when i sneak up behind a german soldier, to hear a comrad 10m away yelling like drunk (as some mentioned here already) so he turns around because of curiosity.

Who are the guys that yell in the begining? The people in the first wave (if ever) now guess who are the first that die ...

FL1NT said:
I really dont know, why they dont put "HUURRRRRRAAAAHHHH" in the game :confused: This 'phrase' was used in 99% cases when soviets start attacking.
Yes, and 99% of all tanks germans used again allies (specialy again US-Troops) where tigers. Hollywood told so. (a bit sarcasm cant hurt)

FL1NT said:
More emotions, its a WAR! And also they sound too young for 40yrs old soldier model.
well, most soldiers actualy where young. The average was about 20-25 (which decreased heavly for the germans later war), though dont know for the soviets, but it shoundt be that much different. You know:

"War is young men dying, and old men talking"

this is not only since the greek wars so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
82ndfrag said:
Hero of the Soviet Union Yekaterina Dyomina is the only woman in the history of the Russian Fleet who served with the marines. She fought through the war Russia fought against Nazi Germany from the very beginning to the end.

“I had to dive at times and hold my gun above the water. Suddenly I saw the Nazis sailing towards us on boats trying to encircle us. So I went down on my knees, pulled the trigger, and my machine-gun came rattling. But it soon became silent, for it ran out of ammunition. There were twelve of us left, and I was the thirteenth and wounded at that. And then we heard a rolling Russian “Hurrah!” Our forces had taken the fortress by assault. We were wet all through. After spending eighteen hours in ice-cold water all our limbs were stiff with cold. They even had to unclench our fingers afterwards.”

There's somethin I found, pretty cool lol

It was in the Crimea, battle for Sevastapol fortress (Great map location for RO:OST BTW) where Screaming Russian marines would jump off a ship and charge headlong into a MG bunker or German frontline over open ground.

So many waves of Russians, an German Machinegunner couldn't move his fingers after firing that weapon for 12 + hours nonstop.

Imagine all the poor bastards :(

Some great ideas, but rushing into a MG does'nt sound very fun, this will just get you killed and evryone with you lol over open ground anyway. The only reason to add this would be to have twice as many russians attacking a thin, prepared, frontline position. That would be pretty cool, like set maps where the defenders (German) will have to cope with waves of respawning Russians, like every minute everyone respawns and tries the attack again. The Germans have less replacements coming in so the waves can eventually overrun the position. Would make for a great bayonet fight near the end!!!!!

Upvote 0
Everybody is mentioning the "OURRAH!!!" cry and yet it seems everybody has forgotten Ourrah pobieda (Hurrah Victory!). This was often cried instead and is a very common cry. I like the idea of giving German officers whistles. As one user has provided us with a link this could make communicating to your team easier and can confuse the enemy, if they don't know what your signaling.

Upvote 0
FL1NT said:
I really dont know, why they dont put "HUURRRRRRAAAAHHHH" in the game :confused: This 'phrase' was used in 99% cases when soviets start attacking.

Imo, voice commands much better than mod's, but i still have presentiment that they having a tea break or something like that. More emotions, its a WAR! And also they sounds too young for 40yrs old soldier model.

"heavy tank" is probobly teh coolest voice command

Upvote 0
Blond_Knight said:
I know this would just be for atmosphere more than likely but what about giving the Wehrmacht officers whistles to blow? This would help coordinate with teammates on when to rush a position.
And how about giving the Soviets the ability to HUURRRAAHHH together at the same time, maybe for a minute or more, and could be heard within a certain range on the map? It would be pretty exciting to see a human wave coming toward you.

man, you just brought back a great memory; in Medal of Honor:Spearhead, the Russians had an awesome "Bu-rrrrrraaaahhhh!!!!" they could shout. man that was fun!! :D

Upvote 0
Would love to see this.

Just the other night on makhnovo (sp?) we had this great commander (scandinavian accent not sure exactly where from though) and he organised the team brilliantly and before we knew it we were sitting around the obj in the bushes and the hafltracks were hidden with a driver and an mg in each, he dropped smoke and he gave the order to charge.
Poor ruskies didn't stand a chance ...there were about 2 riflemen defending the flank we attacking and you could actually see the "Oh Sh*t" pass over their faces. We charged through the rooms bayonets attached , ( no nades mind , commander gave the clever order NOT to use nades because of tk's) and the H/T's rolled round the building and cut off their way in to the obj.

That is why I want a a battle cry.

I know that if i was running up open land with hundreds of men beside me to enemy positions i would definitely not run silently.

Upvote 0