• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ash Harding? Kara Barnes? more characters?

Currently we are not planning any additional characters for KF 2. They have not performed as well as we would like to see so we focused efforts elsewhere.

It is sad. The game already has a fairly extensive arsenal of weapons in my opinion. But the problem with the new characters. I want new voices.
Maybe you should make a pack of weapons and a character in one? A new character and his favorite weapon in one DLC?

Upvote 0
Wasn't there a model of Security Officer Thorne in the very early trailers? I'd like to think that he could work as a freebie, with all his in-game dialogue being slasher grunts.
That model was was a prototype model on a prototype animation rig that ended up not being used. The work does not fit the current model/rig system.

Upvote 0
That model was was a prototype model on a prototype animation rig that ended up not being used. The work does not fit the current model/rig system.

I'm gonna be totally honest by saying that I don't really know what that mean, but wouldn't it be possible to release such content as a "bonus" of some sort? As @flashn00b said, you could probably just have him grunting and screaming and that would be fine. Hell, if I understood you correctly, the main problem is that the old Thorne model wasn't on-par with what we currently have... is it due to customization? If so, I would only speak for myself, but I personally wouldn't care all that much. A half-eaten mutant is enough of a cool concept to add some wacky items to anyway.

Also @DudeBY , the think is probably not only that the sales were disappointing but that they were considering the amount of work it requires to create a character. Besides the voice acting, you also have to create whole new models, a few customization items... And make sure the model looks good with the universal items and animations. It definitely can be time and resource-consuming.

Upvote 0
I'm gonna be totally honest by saying that I don't really know what that mean, but wouldn't it be possible to release such content as a "bonus" of some sort? As @flashn00b said, you could probably just have him grunting and screaming and that would be fine. Hell, if I understood you correctly, the main problem is that the old Thorne model wasn't on-par with what we currently have... is it due to customization? If so, I would only speak for myself, but I personally wouldn't care all that much. A half-eaten mutant is enough of a cool concept to add some wacky items to anyway.
No, as the model doesn't work in the current game without extensive modification or "quick and dirty and looks horrible"

Reactions: Aleflippy
Upvote 0

Also @DudeBY , the think is probably not only that the sales were disappointing but that they were considering the amount of work it requires to create a character. Besides the voice acting, you also have to create whole new models, a few customization items... And make sure the model looks good with the universal items and animations. It definitely can be time and resource-consuming.
It's still a matter of the payback of such an addition. Most likely people simply don't need new characters, that's all. And the developer costs are higher. how they can make money on it. I was very glad that my favorite game was dubbed in my native language, and also by different actors. It dilutes the gameplay a lot when you hear different chatter from different characters as you play. It's a shame that we won't see anyone else besides Mrs. Foster and Bad Sana.
And even I, living in Belarus with a salary of $ 250, would gladly purchase a new character in the in-game store)

Upvote 0