• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Artillery without The Boom whizz:-)

Sined

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 22, 2007
Australia
Hi all ok i have a "final"step in my map, i have a low flying plane and i want it to drop a bomb. or two (so artillery is the biggest "bomb' i can see how to make.
(side topic if someone knows how to make a bigger/instant/ invisible satchel charge for example that would be just as good

i have the mover fly by and i have the RO Artillery explosion, but i want to remove the firing and shell whiz sounds:-?
i have tried making sub classes of Artillery in mylevel etc, but cant find all the pieces, either i get a silent explosion and no view shake or i get everything, cant find how to configure the initial sounds...to remove them

Should i set up a scripted trigger that emits the dirt and sound and view shake etc all seperately?

Help much appreciated

Last edited:
hm, why not subclass something placeable? ;)

Not sure if you could subclass the mover you are using, but you could have the mover trigger your arty actor which spawns the explosions then. Did something like that once for an actor to prevent guys/tanks to get too far away from the battle (i dont like the minefields ;) )

Upvote 0