• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Artillery without The Boom whizz:-)

Sined

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 22, 2007
Australia
Hi all ok i have a "final"step in my map, i have a low flying plane and i want it to drop a bomb. or two (so artillery is the biggest "bomb' i can see how to make.
(side topic if someone knows how to make a bigger/instant/ invisible satchel charge for example that would be just as good

i have the mover fly by and i have the RO Artillery explosion, but i want to remove the firing and shell whiz sounds:-?
i have tried making sub classes of Artillery in mylevel etc, but cant find all the pieces, either i get a silent explosion and no view shake or i get everything, cant find how to configure the initial sounds...to remove them

Should i set up a scripted trigger that emits the dirt and sound and view shake etc all seperately?

Help much appreciated

Last edited:

Sined

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 22, 2007
Australia
thanks i think so too, as i have subclassed and no joy...
cos even if i add all the pieces it doesnt seem to kill:-( duh!
my stuka divebomber will i think have a boom whiz..:-(

Last edited:

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
hm, why not subclass something placeable? ;)

Not sure if you could subclass the mover you are using, but you could have the mover trigger your arty actor which spawns the explosions then. Did something like that once for an actor to prevent guys/tanks to get too far away from the battle (i dont like the minefields ;) )