• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] ArmA 3, for real

I have to say I like the campaign so far. I played Episode 1 on release and I think it actually was a good episode to get you on touch with the basics. Sure you cant really epxect a very intense story but it does get the job done. Compared to previous ArmA or OFP Games the voice acting is in my opinion much better. If you expect hollywood actors and a soundtrack by Linkin Park you probably get disappointed I guess.

I am aware some people miss large scale stuff with with big units fighting, but this is simply not the scenario of the episode. The scenario is pretty much best described as guerilla warfare. You fight with small resistance cell and you spend most of the time avoiding those large scale fights and setting ambushed on a enemy who is clearly much much bigger as you are.

Upvote 0
Update 1.12 - 700mb
Slammer UP tank, Vehicle optics, Linear car controls

arma3_slammerup_screenshot_01-1024x576.jpg

Added: Slammer UP
Improved: Armored vehicle optics
Added: Sounds for changing fire modes of most guns
Added: Generic soldier animation movement sounds

Added: 1 x full new Radio Protocol
Added: New command briefingName
Added: Insignias should work on all soldiers (as a last hidden section of each of them)
Added: Tooltips to ListBox items in Controls
Added: New particle modules (fire, smoke, plankton)
Implemented new analog car steering controls (separate from standard ones in controls)

And muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch more at: [url]http://dev.arma3.com/spotrep-00019[/URL]
As important:

All in Arma Standalone (AiA SA)
A1/A2/OAa Content on A3 - One pack!

Arma 3 - All In Arma (Trailer) - YouTube

A1/A2/OA no longer required
However 18 GB torrent download instead (download time calculator)
OA DLCs are included
Simplifed the installtion and modline a huge deal - just one modfolder
A2/OA infantry models no longer supported (until BI fixes the compatibility issues)
TKOH is no longer supported for now - however will be back soon
Less rpt spam - goal is to get to zero
Ponds removed by default
Buildings and misc pbos from A1 and A2 merged by default

Sauce: [url]http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174016-All-in-Arma-Standalone-%28AiA-SA%29-A1-A2-OA-content-in-A3[/URL]
Slowly the community will update uniforms, vehicles and weapons to new standards

And for the people on the Dev Branch (future main):

ZEUS!

Arma 3 - Zeus DLC Trailer - YouTube

For more info and a little sneak peek on something else, link.

And one more Community Guide:

Dslyecxi's Arma 3 Guides - Conducting an Air Assault - YouTube

Upvote 0
So does this mean I can now enjoy all of the old content on the *new* engine?

If so, are all of the older ACE mod resources also compatible? The reason I ask is that ACE was the only thing that made ArmA2 playable for me (along with some wonderful weapon/vehicle/island packs), and I was hoping to revisit that experience on an updated engine.

Speaking of which, does A3 run any better?

Upvote 0
When playing the campaign missions my frame rates plummet and load times shoot up.

I am on a 4670K @ 4GHZ, GTX670 PE/OC, 8GB DDR3, Crucial M500 SSD and Win 7 64bit. OCing my CPU moved my frame rates up, so if you can push yours to 4.5-6 then it would be worth it. There are also faster GPUs than mine although you must spend $500+ to see a notable increase. Might just have to wait until the next CPUs/GPUs come out.

Upvote 0
The game runs really well in my opinion, at least it does for me.
I don't have a super system and the fps are nowhere near CSS levels but the improvement compared to previous ArmA games is impressive to say the least.

i52500k/gtx660/ssd256giga/8g ram/W7pro

I'm running out of space on the ssd, despite my good management !

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What's wrong with these designs? An F-16/Su-25 mix? An A-10 with engines and tail from the Deus Ex universe? Are they so desperate to make these aircraft "recognizable"? Because in doing so, they're completely murdering the looks. If you're going for the near-futuristic theme, at least go all the way and actually do your own original designs. Not to mention as an Aerospace engineer the lack of logic in these designs is pissing me off.

I know the answer, it's not the looks, logic or the recognizability they care for. They just want to do these as cheap as possible, and the best way to do that is taking their own models from older games, slapping on an out-of-place looking component and call it "near-futuristic".

The whole ArmA 3, except for the graphics and animations which are pretty much the only fields that showed significant improvement, show how "enthusiastic" BIS truly is for this IP.

Upvote 0
I released a new mission a little while ago called 'The Dawn Brings Hope'.
These are some screenshots from it.

70CE2D385543B93F8F0005451457D60B5B83A08D

64DE039D4A175DCAD60A8244D83EECC5914150CE

A649E1F434E3960ACBCAA3E2C5332427A581E7D5

This is a direct link to the mission on the Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=255895160

In it you take control of a 6-man strong fireteam tasked with finding a downed helicopter by following it's smoketrail. As usual with my missions there is voice-acting.

And since I got bored again today, I decided to start another mission.
This one will be called 'Scorpio's Sting', and you'll play as a CSAT squad leader tasked with killing the crew and destroying a Gorgon APC. The meat of the mission will consist of getting away though.

F80E2B8604E4B105F69E6B88B974F0E4AF9F5E1A

240A64AD465B08A6E5733DA52153F8935D24085D

5357A786C475C6508032FCF8610E87C82F7DA2BA

Upvote 0
ann_forums.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXucTitoWHs

15 years of Bohemia Interactive! Many things, a summary of the full article:

maxresdefault.jpg

Love this image.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Their DLC content is too fragmenting. Some content will be out dated while other more up to par. I wish they would get more serious and focus on some core areas, apply the advances to the old content, wrap it up in some missions, and release as a proper addon.

As I don't care about karts or helicopters in ArmA I won't be playing these DLCs. Unless I get them for free. :p

Upvote 0