• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are other weapons going to be introduced in the game?

That's been the argument forever now.... "Fix this" "fix that" all before anything new comes along.

A huge chunk of the game has been fixed already and if we're all supposed to wait until the game is absolutely perfect before new content arrives, it'll never come.

Not because I don't have faith in TW's ability to make the game practically flawless, but by the time they do, most of the community will have left by then due to being bored with the limited content currently in the game.... it's already been happening for the last few months based on numerous posts in these and the Steam forums from members who've stated why they've reduced/stopped playing the game.

Fix/Patch..... Content..... fix/patch..... content.... if you focus on just one aspect for too long, you end up frustrating one group or the other.

A good game keeps me playing even if there is only 1 good map. That maybe just me though.
Just saying, you might think you're getting bored with the game because of lack of content, but actually, you might be experiencing an issue with the gameplay. If you're really bored with RO2 (I'm not), I doubt a new map or vehicle will take that feeling away. It will only delay it.

That being said, ofcourse I welcome new content. I just think it doesn't deserve highest priority yet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's been the argument forever now.... "Fix this" "fix that" all before anything new comes along.

A huge chunk of the game has been fixed already and if we're all supposed to wait until the game is absolutely perfect before new content arrives, it'll never come.

Not because I don't have faith in TW's ability to make the game practically flawless, but by the time they do, most of the community will have left by then due to being bored with the limited content currently in the game.... it's already been happening for the last few months based on numerous posts in these and the Steam forums from members who've stated why they've reduced/stopped playing the game.

Fix/Patch..... Content..... fix/patch..... content.... if you focus on just one aspect for too long, you end up frustrating one group or the other.

You may be happy replaying the same limited maps, with the same limited weapons, with the same two tanks.... but I and many others have been more than happy with the "Quality" for a long time and are getting worn out by the lack of "Quantity"

And sorry to say, but both go hand in hand..... I may have the best quality meal to eat day in and day out, but without more variety, that quality meal starts to no longer seem all that great without some variety to keep things interesting and to prevent me from getting sick from the same thing over and over.

Really??? You feel we should sit still and say little or nothing about the RED SCREENS of DEATH and the Flaky Tanks??

All the new maps in the world and new content will not serve any genuine purpose until the troubles are fixed.
People are sick of the LONG - LONG waits.... the instant patch thingy is implemented in Steam. The Red Screens and the goofed up Tanks can be literately fixed overnight. They should be fixed fast. Its costing us new users who join and then leave in utter disgust.

I ain't EVEN gonna mention the sloppy redirect and cache system. Redownload/Delete Cache, Redownload/Delete Cache, rinse and repeat..... come on!! These trubs must be fixed - PRONTO.
Then there's the regulars who are getting very restless.... entire squads being killed by wacko spawns and red screens.

Back on Topic: "Before * anything * new is introduced, the existing glaring troubles must be fixed"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now I never said not to do anything towards fixing things, but it's been pretty much a year now of nothing but fixes.... There needs to be a balance of some kind. One or two things added will go a long way in keeping the game fresh, then go back to fixes. Some of you are not pleased with one thing or another and are waiting for those things to be fixed so you can have the experience you've been looking for, but many others like me have been enjoying the game as is pretty much since launch with few issues and have been enjoying the experience as is and have been waiting a long time for that experience to expand..... Yet there's just been one map so far. It keeps it fresh for a bit, but a new weapon or two for all maps would expand on the entire game's feel for a lot longer.

It has nothing to do with me having an issue with the gameplay or any of the things you guys are bugged about. One of the things that kept me coming back to RO in the past and interested in playing the same map or two over and over was the variety to choose from to make the experience different, more so, each timwle I played..... The mod had this, RO1 had this. RO2 has only a mere fraction of this.

If the same thing was happening in the mod or RO1..... And their content was just as limited l, I'd be saying the same thing.

For me, quality AND quantity go hand in hand.

Upvote 0
Im going to throw in my two cents here. Mike you have a very good point and I agree with you to a large extent. There are definitely things that need to be fixed.

But, I side with Praxius here in the sense that there must definitely be balance. And the reason I say this is because I have personally felt that the weapon variety of RO1 is making itself felt now that the game runs 'mostly' fine. Especially with the enemy weapons available in realism it just feels like everyone is running around with the same 4 guns or so. Now, i understand that manpower is needed to fix things but as far as I know, the folks working on bug fixes are not the same ones who are responsible for modeling and animation. Thus I do not see the problem in working on fixes and new content simultaneously. Unless of course TWI is staffed mainly by jacks of all trades and can thus put all available resources towards one goal at a time. Which is as unlikely as it is multidisciplinarily impressive.

Upvote 0
There's a lot more to running a development company than just programming, animating, and level building. Being an election year, looming tax hikes and new health insurance regulations take a toll on every business. Don't mean to drag polictics into this thread, but if TWI is going through what my employeer is, they are being very critical about where they spend their resources. Walking on glass, so to say...

Upvote 0
Its been said many times that TWI is a SMALL Indie developer group.

They are currently running a mapping contest.

The mapping contest is in trouble if the RED SCREENS of DEATH aren't fixed or removed and the flaky Tanks fixed.....

The ReDirect system needs fine tuning. Or, we'll see a never ending litany of trubs in getting the new custom maps to the players.

I repeat for clarity's sake;
Before * anything * new is introduced, the existing glaring troubles must be fixed.​
Once the fixes are made and assured to be working.... then and only then should TWI's limited human resources be used for new content, etc..

Believe me, I strongly desire new content too..... but if the fixes are not done first.... we'll never see a real recovery. Far too many regular RO/RO2 players are disgusted with the current state of RO2.

Upvote 0
Its been said many times that TWI is a SMALL Indie developer group.

They are currently running a mapping contest.

The mapping contest is in trouble if the RED SCREENS of DEATH aren't fixed or removed and the flaky Tanks fixed.....

The ReDirect system needs fine tuning. Or, we'll see a never ending litany of trubs in getting the new custom maps to the players.

I repeat for clarity's sake;
Before * anything * new is introduced, the existing glaring troubles must be fixed.​
Once the fixes are made and assured to be working.... then and only then should TWI's limited human resources be used for new content, etc..

Believe me, I strongly desire new content too..... but if the fixes are not done first.... we'll never see a real recovery. Far too many regular RO/RO2 players are disgusted with the current state of RO2.

I'm sorry, but repeating yourself over and over, doesn't make it anymore right.

We need new content NOW, the fixes can come asap, but new content should be top priority to keep people playing.

For the vast majority of players, these "glaring" issues you're mentioning doesn't affect them, having more maps, more vehicles, more weapons or unit variety does however.

Upvote 0
What is it that you do not understand about;

"Before * anything * new is introduced, the existing glaring troubles must be fixed"

Developer time must be devoted to getting the fixes done and not diverted by adding content at this time.

Those troubles mentioned are "YOUR" troubles, they are not my troubles..... You don't like the red screen warning of leaving the combat area (I don't care about it because it doesn't impact my gameplay or my style of play)

I have more than enough time to get out of a protected area, even when the cap I'm taking turns into one, and I usually have an extra 7 seconds to get out before I already do get out.... and I never once been shot in the back while doing so.

The tanks are a hell of a lot better than they were before the last big patch and I see no "Glaring" problems or mistakes with them. The only problem I had with the tanks before were the insta-kills from continually hitting the turret of the T34, rendering the tank basically useless... that "Glaring" problem has been fixed and the tanks play just fine for me.

Again, those are "YOUR" problems and your nit picking over trivial crap that can wait.

And even if they do fix the protected areas and whatever the hell you're talking about regarding the tanks (you didn't elaborate, you just say they're flaky) I'm sure you'll just find something else to nit pick over that you don't like and because it's bothering "YOU" you think it needs to be fixed and fixed now, because you say so.

The game's been fixed enough for long enough without a good sized amount of content to be brought in.... it's time to bring in content soon and then work on those trivial tweaks you're demanding.

If your game was crashing then yeah that should be fixed as a priority, but most crashes and literally game breaking bugs are gone..... what you want are tweaks to game play mechanics and those can wait.

You're already hearing it from other members in here.... go and take a look at the Steam forums as well.... while you have the regular trolls trashing the game, more and more players are praising the game and loving it and have been asking for new stuff to be brought into the game for a while now.

More and more people are looking for content while fewer and fewer people are looking for fixes.... it's high time to focus on the content before that group of the community (who've been ignored long enough) get bored and decide to play something else.... further dwindling the community.

^ That's a guarantee.... people will eventually start to move on or take more breaks from the game..... I took a break from the game myself from December until the last big patch.... not because of game breaking bugs or gameplay mechanics I didn't like, but because I played the game so much, I got worn out on the limited content. The new map has added to the variety and helping me keep into the game now on a regular basis..... but I already know that in the next month or two I'll be taking yet another break from playing because I will again get worn out on the same two tanks, the same limited maps and the same stock weapons.

Now if you think some random red screen warning and whatever it is you're complaining about with the tanks are more of a problem, nobody can help you with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0