• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AR-10,M-15 and experimental weapons

In my eyes it already was a grim mistake to give out MP40/II's and Mkb42's in RO2. If we go nuts again, this game's atmosphere will suffer big time again. Maybe it is just not in mankind to learn from previous mistakes? :rolleyes:

Im talking about experimental weapons from the 50s,60s. That where in Vietnam. Also it never affected me seeing the MP44 in RO2 since it was tested by few units in the eastern front.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Im talking about experimental weapons from the 50s,60s. That where in Vietnam. Also it never affected me seeing the MP44 in RO2 since it was tested by few units in the eastern front.

Field testing started, according to Peter R. Senich's The German Assault Rifle 1935-45, in early 1943. Stalingrad campaign was over by then.

I think it would be best to have real basics and have them with in the correct time line order.

Upvote 0
As long as by experimental you still mean weapons that were at least fielded in a somewhat reasonable number like the Stoner 63A or the early version of the CAR-15.

I'd be for it if only to be an excuse to add an AK variant, the SKS, and the VZ.58 to the NVA/VC with the AK-47 and the VZ.58 being more or less my two favorite Assault rifles period.

But the Stoner 63A would still be a cool addition, from what I've heard the Marines and Special Forces that were issued them really liked them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I would like to see early Vietnam era weapons like the Thompson return as it proofed to still be a very good weapon for jungle warfare.

And regarding experimental weapons:

b74e44dbc71c46599dd418414c79e128.gif

Upvote 0
please no "experimental" weapons (weapons that never were used there)
the XM rifles are fine. but maybe only for SF?
also tigerstripe please.
vietcong did use rpg-2 through most of the war i hope its not just replaced by the rpg-7.
they can indeed reuse many of the weapons from RO2 and RS make them look used up and modify the ppsh slightly to a K-50m maybe?

Last edited:
Upvote 0