• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Apartments: Move cap back to the park (not ruins)

There was another thread about this earlier, and the result was a resounding 'no'.

I assume the OP is an exclusive Axis player. Try playing Russians and assaulting that point. All the Germans need is a competent machine gunner in the window of the store across the road, since the MG-34 can shoot through walls, whereas it seems the Russian DP-28 can't for some ridiculous bloody reason. That ruin is basically a deathtrap.

Reactions: gimpy117
Upvote 0
There was another thread about this earlier, and the result was a resounding 'no'.

I assume the OP is an exclusive Axis player. Try playing Russians and assaulting that point. All the Germans need is a competent machine gunner in the window of the store across the road, since the MG-34 can shoot through walls, whereas it seems the Russian DP-28 can't for some ridiculous bloody reason. That ruin is basically a deathtrap.

Thats another bs urban-myth spread around by damned primadonnas who do nothing but complain, whine and moan.

I tried it out on Barracks and Fallen Fighters to see how the DP-28 MG behaves.
My impression is that its quite a competent gun, with a controllable rate of fire.
At Barracks, I could kill Germans in the school through the walls, shooting down from the NCO barracks.

Sorry to derail this thread, but I am getting sick and tired of complaints how the Russian's are so oppressed and have 'weaker' weapons.
Instead of complaining get out there and fight, become better, build the community.

Upvote 0
I tried it out on Barracks and Fallen Fighters to see how the DP-28 MG behaves.
My impression is that its quite a competent gun, with a controllable rate of fire.
At Barracks, I could kill Germans in the school through the walls, shooting down from the NCO barracks.
Hmmm. Perhaps it is perceived not to fire through walls because its slow firing speed puts fewer rounds in a given space, and so it's less likely to kill when firing blind than an MG-34.

Well it's good to know that it does work, in any case.

Upvote 0
If anything, the cap zone should be extended further into the ruins so that people can setup on that little mound by the ramp and put covering fire down on the windows without having to expose themselves to the lower windows as well. (Also can be hard to get elevation on the machine gun if you move too far forward.)

Decent volume of rifle and machine gun fire, coupled with a few grenades tossed in the windows, keeps the Russians off the cap zone as it is.

Upvote 0
Decent volume of rifle and machine gun fire, coupled with a few grenades tossed in the windows, keeps the Russians off the cap zone as it is.

This pretty much sums it up. You have to hide in that little ruin with no real cover and get nades tossed at you all day. The German's have excellent positions in the houses directly facing it and it's usually suicidal if you try going up the middle.

It's fine how it is now because it's a challenge to get. It's not like the Town Hall on that other map where the German's can cap it standing outside of it instead of having to clear the floors out.

Upvote 0
This pretty much sums it up. You have to hide in that little ruin with no real cover and get nades tossed at you all day. The German's have excellent positions in the houses directly facing it and it's usually suicidal if you try going up the middle.

It's fine how it is now because it's a challenge to get. It's not like the Town Hall on that other map where the German's can cap it standing outside of it instead of having to clear the floors out.

You have to take into account that we're talking about public play here for the most part. The organization required is not there. IF you can tell me where I can find a server to play apartments on where the russians dont win almost every single time I will be quite surprised.

I would be interested in seeing the win/loss stats for german v russian on apartments. I'm willing to bet that its fairly unbalanced.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The park is definitely much easier to take than it was in Danzig, especially since the German buildings on the north have so many more non-protected entrances now, but the propaganda house is a lot harder for the offense to hold against counterattack. There's more entrances into it from both sides, the courtyard is more exposed to multiple positions on the far side of the dividing wall, and the far west side road has a ton more useful cover on the German side.

Apartments is a more dynamic map in general, I've seen it go a few different ways with a fair bit of back and forth, while Danzig with a winning Russian team was always a rapid sweep through the first three points and then 20 minutes of smashing faces against Langer until German reinforcements ran out. Making the last cap point highly defensible while simultaneously making defenders respawn right next to it isn't good map design.

Last edited:
Upvote 0