• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone still play Darkest Hour?

When I open this file, it has only one value - 1210

It doesn't say anything else.. just the number 1210.

How should it look? Have you changed this value and has it fixed the issue for you? You posted that RO and DH have different values.. are there supposed to be 2 numbers in this file?

Thanks for your input Wizard. I think we're getting somewhere.

Upvote 0
I have no idea on why 1210 is in there. Mistake by twi?

Replace 1210 with 1200 ( client )

Now if you run a server then make the number according to the server, ie:

RO = 1200
DH = 1280

Here is a neat way to find the steam appid for a game.

Retrieve the Application ID for a Steam Game

This process can also be used for Demos, Media, and other products on Steam:

1. Login to the Steam account
  2. Go to your Library
  3. Right click the installed game and choose "Create desktop shortcut"
  4. Go to your Desktop and locate the new shortcut
  5. Right-click on the shortcut and select Properties
  6. Look at the target path for the number following steam://rungameid/. This number is the Application ID for the game.
Wizz

Upvote 0
Sweet, thanks for the info Wizz. I'll change that value and see how it goes. As a client, if I want to see the DH browser, would I change the value to 1280 or will 1200 work for DH as well?

I just changed the value to 1200 and it didn't seem to change anything in DH, but I imagine that's because all of the servers have the incorrect value as well. Again, thanks for the info Wizz... let's hope this helps TWI fix the issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sweet, thanks for the info Wizz. I'll change that value and see how it goes. As a client, if I want to see the DH browser, would I change the value to 1280 or will 1200 work for DH as well?

I just changed the value to 1200 and it didn't seem to change anything in DH, but I imagine that's because all of the servers have the incorrect value as well. Again, thanks for the info Wizz... let's hope this helps TWI fix the issue.

RO = 1200
(they are different)
DH = 1280

Our RO and DH servers show up in the browser for each just fine....

Upvote 0