• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone else waiting?

Anyone else waiting?

• I play it.

Votes: 138 42.1%
  • I'm done with it.

Votes: 42 12.8%
  • I don't play it - but with performance increase or gameplay changes I would like to return.

Votes: 148 45.1%

• Total voters

GRIZZLY

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
I can only run the game on low graphics (which, for those of you who haven't experienced it, is a mish-mash of nintendo 64 and 2011) and my brother (who's computer I was using to play on ultra) has moved to a different continent.

I don't play Ro2 because of computer limitations, but I'm none too happy with the gameplay changes from Ost.

So...I'm waiting until February or so and buying a pimped out i7 with 12GBs of RAM and what not. Hopefully by then there will have been a lot of patches and/or mods.

Anyone else around here not playing, but hoping to return to a better experience sometime?

Last edited:
I keep trying to play because I've loved RO for so long, but due to the issues I keep encountering I am going to have to put the game on hold until:

• Server admins get their head out of you know where and stop running 64 player servers that bog down when full. Maybe the game is broken, but just because youre supposed to be able to host a 64 player server doesnt mean you should be blind to the fact that it isnt working out. Try lowering the cap to 32 and increasing the tick rate to 40. I would personally jump for joy if I saw a server list full of populated 32/32 servers rather than a few 64/64 servers with over 200 ping.
  • TWI releases a patch that would somehow improve server performance assuming it is not due to having insufficient processing power or bandwidth.
I'm not going to complain about the client because my own issues could be config-related and/or actually server issues manifesting themselves as stutter, etc. on the client. Not sure what else could be done client-side besides better hardware/config, and asking the devs to switch to DX11 is a tall order.

Frankly, I'm playing Skyrim right now, but I'm not going to give up on RO. I just can't locate a good game when I want to play. Looking forward to the finalized SDK though, as I'd love to tinker with porting old RO maps over.

Reactions: r5cya
Upvote 0
elder-scrolls-skyrim-desktop-gray.jpg

I'll come back when I get bored with this. Eventually.

Upvote 0