• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anyone else getting pissed by husk suicide move?

i have mixed feelings.

doesn't hit me usually, but the once or twice that it has:
- wow that's a fast Attack, by the time i see him bending over to explode, he's like 3/4 of the way through the telegraph.
- wow that does a lot of Damage xD

again, it hasn't happened often, and i haven't really been mad when it happens, reaction has mostly summed up to 'oh'.
and ofcourse provided the Player is paying attention and is on the ball, will prevent the Attack from initating in the first place usually.

on a side note, surprising (but not complaining :p) that causing the Husks's Backpack to explode doesn't Damage me, despite me clearly being in Range of the Explosion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got hit by one tonight. Husk was actually running past me towards another player but got stuck in running animation behind some clots and next to me on the stairs and blew me up with it. It was an early round so it didn't impact the flow of the game too much, but I have seen it be devastating on later waves.

Upvote 0
I play as zerker mostly and I haven't died to it. Maybe just 1 or two in the beginning because I had no idea what Husk is doing.

But I had a game when husk just ran past me ( ignoring me ) and exploded on my support/medic and demo friends., scoring a triple kill.

Suiciding husk is one the best new features, I love zeds new attacks.

Upvote 0
THIS IS NOT "REMOVE HUSK SUICIDE ATTACK IT SUCKS" THREAD.

I died so many times from this attack specialy when playing alone. It's the most frustrating attack I have ever seen in ANY coop game. It truely hurts my keyboard once husks kills me with it.

I just tend to not be careful enough, and forget how deadly he is. Any one else gets really MAD when Hans kills yo ***?

Nah. Only died once from it early on in the game, and after learning about it haven't died since. Usually I kill them before they even get the chance to power up.

Upvote 0
If there is a last husk around, I tend to play a game where I bash him constantly with a gun or knife while trying to evade his swing or shot. Eventually, the husk just fall down and die or decides he had enough and point his charged gun at the ground. The latter is all fun and good when I can sprint out of the suicide range until I back padding into a watching teammate and get blew up.

Upvote 0
I've learned to fear the husk as a berserker, if you dont kill it in one hit you dont get a second chance usually. What's really annoying is while on hard the husk only does the suicide at low health, on suicidal it does it at any time, and it can hit through walls. That and given how powerful it is, I havent been suicided on since the firebug & demoman update so maybe it's been nerfed some but before from full health and half armor it'd kill you on hard. On suicidal it was instant death as well but back in those days we didn't buy armor if favor of surviving the first scrake wave.

They added husks running more often on hard so it's harder to tell when that attack is coming, before when on hard they only ran when they were about to suicide.

Upvote 0
At first I was "What the *&^%!" and I wasn't to happy with it. But since recognizing his actions, I've been learning to stay away or hit him from a distance so it doesn't happen that much. It still happens, like when you are zerker, runs right in your face, you swing and hit the zed behind him instead.

Over all it doesn't bother me that much. It definitely adds to the game!

Has anyone tried to have it suicide next to a scrake or fp? I've tried doing it solo but can never get the timing right.

Upvote 0
One thing i noticed was that the damage was ramped down slightly since last patch. When playing this before then newest patch it was an insta-kill, no matter what hp level you were at or how much armor you had. Now it will ruin your day but at least you have some margin of error. It's cool, it looks neat and it does add those "oh ****" moment of backward sprinting when you mess up but overall it doesn't seem to happen all that much.

I don't know how i feel about the husk having a suicide attack. I can see it working with the behavior of the zed itself (mad pyromaniac) but at the same time what player behavior does it really punish, not killing the husk fast enough? Ok, but which perk has problems killing husks, really?

Lets break this down:

• Zerker, not really a problem, one good swing with the tier 3 or 4 weapons will kill a husk on the appropriate level, often going right through the husk and hitting the tank on his back.
  • Commando and support, even a bullpup or a double barrel can blast a husk down fairly quickly, no problem there.
  • Demo, one grenade or c4 and hes gone. Even the grenade pistol will take him apart if your close enough and land enough pellets.
  • Firebug, HAAAAA! Even the perk that would have weapons that were weak against the husk doesn't even have all the much trouble killing the husk. On top of the fire resist the trench gun seems to do the job just fine.
  • Medic, maybe the only perk that may have some trouble against a husk and even that is doubtful since if you have a team that is paying attention at all the husk is usually one of the first things to get smacked.

I feel like it should almost swap places with the flamethrower attack that you get in Suci. mode. Make it so the flamethrower attack shows up to a lesser degree in hard and it happens much more above it and then on top of that you also get husks trying to explode on you but that is just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only thing I don't like with husk suicide is :
"Wait... What happend ? I had full HP, is that a bug or something ?"
"Nope, there was a Husk behind us."
"Oh, ok ..."

It's easy to remember how many times I was killed by a Husk suicide, because it was always a WTF moment like this : 3 times

It happened only when I was not able to see the Husk.
I guess some people just suck at killing them before they reach the team.

Upvote 0
I have one big problem with the husk suicide mechanic. If my teammate is shooting a husk that is fixed on ME and fails to kill it, I get an Aloha Snackbar hug from behind without ever knowing what happened.

I would propose that if a player shoots a husk and brings it to suicidal explosive mode, the husk then locks onto the player shooting it. Then, at least, the player initiating the suicide dash will have time to prepare. If the player dies in that situation, then I say fair game.

Upvote 0
I like it. It makes the game much more intence.

If anything all zeds must have a suicide move if they are let alone for too long.

The games I play usually go like this.

click, click, click, click, Scracke coming from the stairs, click, click, click, click, Double fleshpound here, click, click, click.

But since the husks are way worse killing machines than FP and SC now the game has much more cooperation needed. Since I have bloat resistance and the other Zerker have sonic we tell eachother when there is a threat or if a husk is coming from somewhere so that the Commando or the Medic can take it down before it even starts running towards us. This promotes more communication which I believe is good for the game.

I think that the Husk does too litle damage. For the only ranged zed all you need to do is jump and you are good. The husk must make something like the Nuke so that it promotes more cooperation. Zerkers should be afraid of husks ...

Upvote 0