• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Any talk about the "mode" option?

Is there any word of what Tripwire plans to do about the "mode" option? I see that and can only think "what else are they even gonna do with that?" since KF1 was only one mode.

Only thing I could imagine is perhaps an endless mode that only ends when the party wipes, since a mission-style mode wouldn't work too well IMO.

Or really left-field would be a PVP mode, since there was a mutator for that in KF1. I wont say weather that was a good or bad idea.

Is there any word of what Tripwire plans to do about the "mode" option? I see that and can only think "what else are they even gonna do with that?" since KF1 was only one mode.

So apparently no one can make a custom game mode?
Did no one else make any other game modes for KF1 either?

Let's just hope the maker will make one for KF2.
That maker was one of the developers of Killing Floor. its hard to see it NOT come back. If not by him, then someone else will do it.

I would rather have it be a official gamemode though, that way more servers would run it.
Custom gamemode types were kinda rare in KF1.

there's most likely a "defend your castle" style game mode on the way

Its one of the objectives of several objectives.

Objective mode? When was this added to KF1, because I've never heard of that.
It wasnt a thing that existed when I last played KF1 xD

Its showed up during the summer of 2013... way late into KF's life time.
Objective mode is actually the successor of 2012's Alex's Story Mode

A "mission" type game mode, which still used the KFGametype was around since 2009!

And yes, you can uses mission based coding in KF2Gamemode. Example: KF-ContainmentStation

Upvote 0
To Ruman, I was specifically asking what Tripwire was going to create modes-wise, since them making a mode option for matchmaking implies that they plan on creating other modes themselves.

I've never heard of any of these mode mods before, the only mode mod I ever saw for KF1 was PVP mode. Last time I played KF1, was..... *Thinks* when they added the Santa's Workshop map, with the santa character.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There was one custom gamemode in KF1 which was basically going through Resident Evil mansion i believe.
I played it a couple of times and it was pretty damn cool.
Puzzles and such.

It wasnt a custom gamemode, it was still the normal KFGameType.
It was a cool map until TW killed it during the End Of The Line update and any other mission based map prior to the update.

To Ruman, I was specifically asking what Tripwire was going to create modes-wise, since them making a mode option for matchmaking implies that they plan on creating other modes themselves.
His point was that other game modes excited prior to TW making any other game modes.
When KF first came out, it still had a gamemode selection (via mutator). It wasnt until 4 years later that TW added another gamemode.

Your also implying that TW doesn't wanna see any custom game modes in their mod friendly (sorta) game.
Anyways, everyone answered your question. TW is bring back Objective mode and its going to be more engaging then before.

I've never heard of any of these mode mods before, the only mode mod I ever saw for KF1 was PVP mode. Last time I played KF1, was..... *Thinks* when they added the Santa's Workshop map, with the santa character.
WTH 2010? So you basically hated the game then :confused:
lol did Pyro ruin the whole game for you?

Upvote 0
Aliens mode

Objective mode

Endless mode

Not sure what you mean by aliens but it could not be with those scary things from the movies unless TW get an official tie-in. Doubt that will happen but you never know. Maybe more a sci-fi mode. Or if you want proper Aliens then through custom-mods like in KF1.

Id def. like to see an Endless or see how long you can survive until you get bored.

Also a Kill as many as you can before team fail mode. Which wouldnt have waves.... just constant zed spawn and the ability to change weapons or get ammo on the fly.

Id also like a Randomized Trader mode where the trader only have x number of weapons and ammo available per wave.

Upvote 0