• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Anti-Personnel Mines?

In stalingrad Soviet sappers had a life expectancy of a few hours but they were in the thick of it, they were even known to lay down mines under advancing tanks then run if they could. Mines are realistic but probably not good for RO I agree.

There is a difference in anti tank and anti personnel mines

You can't exactly run in front of an infantry column and place a shoe bomb...

anti tank mines were essentially used like satchel charges. Placing them in front of your positions pre battle was dangerous, and they were likely to be detonated by mortars/artillery before tanks arrived.

Upvote 0
I think it's already been mentioned but I think tripwire(derp) bombs seems logical, not a proximity mine but one you can see that can block doorways, this is exactly what snipers actually did use and commandos aswell to cover their butts.

Snipers would set up hours if not days in advance, and to be honest I've never read much about that, but I've only read one dedicated sniper book and it was historical fiction

Upvote 0