• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF ~ and *

yoshimomo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
help me PLEASE.. Please Help me!!!!

[/SIZE]i have had enough. please someone, anyone, tell me there is a way to disable the damn ~ (console) key from working at all. i have no use for the damn console, and it has killed me many a time. i know i am not alone - by far. want to switch to knife in a hurry and BAM, i press ~ instead of 1, and the f** console pops up stopping me in my tracks. no, the raging hoe fp is not the worst enemy. the fing console key is. if i change it in the game's menu, it does f*all. the ~ (tilde) key still gets used for it.

secondly, i use the numpad * key to take fraps screenshots and i will not change that. my memory has it burned in. how can i make the numpad * not bring up the map voting window, which it now does. looking at the user.ini sheds no help at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your problem is minor, your ignorance of using search function is shameful. So at least keep it quiet.

Open User.ini file with a text editor (e.g. notepad), look for a line:
Code:
Tilde=ConsoleToggle
and replace it with
Code:
Tilde=
Do the same with GreyStar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
first, i actually AM mentally ill (insane). so there you go. i was "screaming" in rage desparation. it's perfectly normal. 1 in 5 people have some kind of mental abnormality. i don't mind. not at all..

second; yay? but only partially.

no wonder i could not find the *. who the hell calls it greystar? twi i guess.

so i now have the * key isse resolved but the tilde one is still "overwritten".

i already found the entry for tilde in the -correct- ini, and made it "null". =nothing. yet pressing ~still opens console. is that maybe hard wired?

Upvote 0