• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS And the REVIEW thread

Wow... I wish RPS gave scores...

It’s filled with accomplished features and brave ideas. It’s filled with realised ambition, which is more than you can say for most AAA games.

This is a big, bold, PC-centric multiplayer project that needs and deserves a thriving community,

And this:

http://www.gamingnation.ca/pc/test-Rising-Storm-3104.html

You have to love the French... [Edit... Ooops. French Canadians, apparently?]
les partis

Upvote 0

oh, I'm disappointed from this review. This is one of my reference sites for videogame, one of the few that deserve to be read.

Well, they recommend the game, there is even an RPS server now, but what the reviewer communicate is not good and is not fair.

Opening about the "disaster launch" of Red Orchestra 2. What's the point now the game is full stable and optimize?
For him, the worst issue was the "stats reset". Seriously? This is the worst thing that can happen in a young multiplayer game?Come on...I accept whining for fps optimizer, for some balance problem, but not for "stats reset".

The fact that Tripwire is gifting a trial for preview owner of Red Orchestra 2 is not rewarded but criticized.

Upvote 0
oh, I'm disappointed from this review. This is one of my reference sites for videogame, one of the few that deserve to be read.

Well, they recommend the game, there is even an RPS server now, but what the reviewer communicate is not good and is not fair.

Opening about the "disaster launch" of Red Orchestra 2. What's the point now the game is full stable and optimize?
For him, the worst issue was the "stats reset". Seriously? This is the worst thing that can happen in a young multiplayer game?Come on...I accept whining for fps optimizer, for some balance problem, but not for "stats reset".

The fact that Tripwire is gifting a trial for preview owner of Red Orchestra 2 is not rewarded but criticized.

I think they mentioned that to demonstrate how far the game has come since release. I'm guessing they did this to reassure people that a lot of the problems that they may have heard about that affected RO2 are now fixed.

Upvote 0

So is a review only good if they close their eyes to the problems and only praise the game?

I like their review exactly for this, they acknowledged the wrongs and praised the rights. In the end I think their review was very honest and positive and it's nice to see TWI getting the deserved attention and credits from a big site such as RPS.

Upvote 0
So is a review only good if they close their eyes to the problems and only praise the game?

I like their review exactly for this, they acknowledged the wrongs and praised the rights. In the end I think their review was very honest and positive and it's nice to see TWI getting the deserved attention and credits from a big site such as RPS.

Nah. I don't think that's what he means. I think he just wanted the game itself to be judged and not dredge up the past mistakes that in many ways have nothing to do with this offering....

Upvote 0

My impression from RPS review is that, who written article, recognize the great value of this product, but he doesn't have a lot of fun playing the game.

Red Orchestra is the best thing you can play now as FPS multiplayer, my issue is this, I can't see enthusiasm from reviewer. Enthusiasm that shines when they talk about other games.

I'd like to see Red Orchestra treat like other "big" FPS.

Upvote 0