• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ammo runs are boring...

Dolphi123

May 16, 2015
Canadia
This post dosnt really apply to the patty(sometimes) as you can kill him before he heals. I am also not saying I am a good player but I find myself spending most of my boss round running around the map looking for ammo to fill my weapons. Does anyone else have this "problem" or am I just a scrub. I dont really have a solution to this problem other than make hans killable from his first heal. Anyone else have a solution? or does this problem not exist for most of you?

This post dosnt really apply to the patty(sometimes) as you can kill him before he heals. I am also not saying I am a good player but I find myself spending most of my boss round running around the map looking for ammo to fill my weapons. Does anyone else have this "problem" or am I just a scrub. I dont really have a solution to this problem other than make hans killable from his first heal. Anyone else have a solution? or does this problem not exist for most of you?

Preserve ammo. Let the zerk do most of the damage. Hans rnds. Patty 3 rnds. Divide your ammo between those. The last rnd being the best one to have most ammo.

Also buy a handgun or two. Lots of ammo there to pot shot when you cant find ammo boxes or cant get to them.

Otherwise buy spare weapons and drop them for the final battle. Then you can go potty with the shotties!

Upvote 0
Pans and Hans don't actually rhyme, Hans is pronounced with more of an O sound.

As a German native i can tell you you're wrong, that "A" is spelled like in "arbitrary" - still doesn't rhyme, so you're right in that regard.

@topic wouldn't be much of an issue if he didn't one shot players all the time. If you save up ammo and get pummeled to death, you feel really stupid and annoyed

Upvote 0
If all players are really good, it generally works out.

With 1-2 bad people on a 6-person team, usually you run out of ammo though, since they usually run around or just... not shoot at the boss. Sometimes I've wondered what goes through the head of people when there is only ONE target on the map, and they decide to not shoot it (maybe they are waiting for it to commit suicide?)... and then, I stop wondering because I'd rather not even know.

However, the game does, in general, suffer from ammo and balancing problems that are severe enough to have had me put it "on hold" until some new patch arrives, or at least there's a significant re-balancing of weapons, classes, perks, etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No it's not just you. Hans is a bullet sponge. I just find it exhausting when the camera pans to Hans. (+2 rhyme)
Patty is a much more enjoyable enemy (which most of the time, I end up fighting).

Every trader time before the boss I type "Please be patty" to pray to the maker to have us not fight bullet spongy mc broken melee. The only thing designed well about hanz are the gas grenades. I'm not sure whose melee is more broken between hanz and kf1 patty.

Upvote 0
buy and throw down some extra guns with full ammo,...this is how i do it

That's normally what I do too.

The biggest problem with this, however, is when [whether by accident or greed] someone picks up your extra weapons and won't relinquish them. I've even seen someone look right at the dual magnums I'm purposefully standing over, run up to me, looking at the ground, and then run back to the trader pod to sell while ignoring my requests to return the spare weapon they just picked-up. My favorite though when someone like a level 3 Gunslinger picks up a level 25 Firebug's spare MWG. Good times... >.>

Last edited:
Upvote 0