• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing Screenshot Thread.

Or you could do what I do, turn off the HUD at the start of every round (setbind ; showhud) and then, when I need it just use:

setbind T "tactical_display | showhud | onrelease tactical_display | onrelease showhud"

Which brings up the full HUD with tactical display. No screen clutter, no strange conversations in the chat distracting you.
Is there a way you can start the game up with that allready set so you don't have to type it everytime you load up the game? Pretty usefull gaming and for taking a screenshot.

Upvote 0
Is there a way you can start the game up with that allready set so you don't have to type it everytime you load up the game? Pretty usefull gaming and for taking a screenshot.

in the ROGame.ini file located here
"C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Rising Storm Beta\ROGame\Config\ROGame.ini"

search for
bShowHUD=True
and replace True by False like this :
bShowHUD=False

PS: also the keybind should work like this with a shorter command :
setbind T "Tactical_Display | Showhud | Onrelease Showhud"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
in the ROGame.ini file located here
"C:\Users\YourName\Documents\My Games\Rising Storm Beta\ROGame\Config\ROGame.ini"

search for
bShowHUD=True
and replace True by False like this :
bShowHUD=False

PS: also the keybind should work like this with a shorter command :
Keybind? You'll still have to open the console each time you start a game. I was more thinking like it was allready on when launching the game.

Upvote 0
Keybind? You'll still have to open the console each time you start a game. I was more thinking like it was allready on when launching the game.
The command you quoted here :

setbind T "tactical_display | showhud | onrelease tactical_display | onrelease showhud"

It is a keybind command setting the commands to the key T, you don't need to type it each round, i thought you wanted a solution to not have to manually disable the HUD at the start of the round and knew it was a keybind.

If you open the console and enter the command above or the one i posted it will set the key T to execute the command, each time , it will be stored in the ROinput.ini file with all other keybinds and controls, no need to type each each time , just need to press the key T :)

The solution i posted will remove the HUD directly at the start of the round, then with one of other of those commands entered only once :

so once one of those is set pressing T in game will display the HUD and the tactical view until you stop to press the key, if the key T is not pressed the screen is clear without any HUD or infos.

( to see the scoreboard you need to hold T and press TAB key ) ;)

Hope it's more clear now

Last edited:
Upvote 0
K@n@y, it really is the best system isn't it? Playing with no HUD except on demand is fantastic.

To clarify, by setting bshowhud to false the game launches with the HUD off. I have f10 and i set to toggle the HUD (so if I wanted to chat I could press i and the game would return to normal, then press y to type a message) and I have the dual tachud/Showhud keybind on T.

It gets saved as a keybind. So just like how you don't have to bind right w to walk forward every time you launch the game with this t will always showhud, i will always toggle hud etc, until you delete your config files or reset to default.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Beside taking videos and screenshots i never really played without HUD in RO2 with around 400 hours combined ro2 /ro2 beta, but with Rising Storm after few days to learn the maps i started to remove the HUD from times to times by typing the command, and last couple of days i made my keybinds and settings and now I play without it at all and it's just great for immersion, nothing poping up each time on the screen distracting you, not having a big percentage of the screen covered with the hud is really a great thing, especially in this game with all infos taking a lot of space in the screen when a OBJ is captured or any similar game event.

I too have a keybind dedicated for the HUD only, beside the T one, in case i want to chat and sometimes when i'm afraid to have shot a friendly to see if i got to apologize in chat or not after seeing the kill notification :p

RS is really great without anything on screen to look at beside friendlies and enemies, i recommend it ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The command you quoted here :

It is a keybind command setting the commands to the key T, you don't need to type it each round, i thought you wanted a solution to not have to manually disable the HUD at the start of the round and knew it was a keybind.

If you open the console and enter the command above or the one i posted it will set the key T to execute the command, each time , it will be stored in the ROinput.ini file with all other keybinds and controls, no need to type each each time , just need to press the key T :)

The solution i posted will remove the HUD directly at the start of the round, then with one of other of those commands entered only once :

so once one of those is set pressing T in game will display the HUD and the tactical view until you stop to press the key, if the key T is not pressed the screen is clear without any HUD or infos.

( to see the scoreboard you need to hold T and press TAB key ) ;)

Hope it's more clear now
This is great, the greatest immersion killer are those oversized nametags everywhere. With this it will be like playing inside a movie.

And of course no more dying because an enemy is hiding behind nametags.

Upvote 0