• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Amazing new screenshots!

I showed those pictures to people on SOT and they made the exact same comments.. what is this.. a SWAT sim? Insurgency mod? We'd all be happy if they would just admit that this is a twitch shooter, there's nothing realistic about anything involved.. and call it good.

It's perfectly realistic to cover your face like that no matter how retarded it looks, as getting a frostbite can be pretty severe concern even when future generations may consider it uncool.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Mmm hmmm, I've prolly done more than your 88m self.

Regardless, I suppose there will be two communities... the CoD twitch-shooting fanboys and the people that want to play a WW2 shooter?

I suppose that is fine... I give it a few months before all the CoD fanboys have moved on to Modern Warfare 4.
Seriously dude.
You're behaving like a spoiled kid that doesn't get what he wants, it's time to realize that you can't have everything exactly the way you want. The inclusion of mod tools and the vast amount of server options should be more than enough to shut your argument up.

How does MKB42s , MP40IIs or a few medals and skins in any way resemble Cod? Sorry but your entire argument is just simply void.

Upvote 0
You're absolutely right. This is exactly as realistic as Wolfenstein 3D...

For corn's sake, there is something called a spectrum. Just because something isn't 100% realistic by your measure, doesn't mean it's 100% unrealistic ("nothing realistic about anything involved"). Only the Sith see things in absolutes.

Bullet penetration, ballistics, 1:1 recreations of actual battlefields, actual blind fire / first person cover, 1 shot kills, and multi-crewed tanks are all so unrealistic, huh? Must be, since there's "nothing realistic about anything involved."

BTW: Did you miss Ramm's post where he shows 3 images of actual real WWII German soldiers wearing the "ski mask"?

So, We have this, and it seems like most people want it....

swat-team-posing_25084.jpg

And we have other people that want something a little more realistic.

german-soldier-wwii.jpg

Reactions: ross and nebsif
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ramm-Jaeger used to even go onto the ventrilos of these units and ask about uniforms and gear, because the realism units know these things..........And when we try to give our input, we are met with nothing but disdain. This makes us mad and frustrated.

that's great that TW asked you guys for help and like you all are doing now (giving input for historical corrections) i do hope that TW takes into account the things legitimate things needing to be corrected. i do agree that at times your feedback hasn't been met well.....honestly it's not really that uncommon on these forums (i've seen and experienced it myself ;)) but for each instance of constructive feedback, there's also equal levels of snobbish, immature, and unproductive comments....not saying from you personally, but in general.

Back when RO was a mod, and the community nearly died, it was the realism units that kept playing.

but with these comments i'm left to wonder.....out of curiosity, where are your unit's members currently playing RO? i mean, which server? is there some campaign or scrims/training etc. going on that nobody knows about? odd statement considering i rarely see any players still in game wearing realism unit tags. if anything, clans (say, TWB for example, who hosts the only 3 24/7 filled servers) would be the only groups who could legitimately use this whole "we kept your game and community alive" argument....and do you see any clans or their leaders/members in these forums playing the entitlement card? it's not that the community (or TW i'd imagine) doesn't appreciate the realism units for what they add to the community, but realistically speaking, you're an extreme minority in the greater community.

i too don't appreciate some of the inaccuracies and certain things about RO2 that might appear to be taking it away from the game's roots. but i'm still going to buy the game and love playing it. with all the newly revealed plans for server customization, i'm much more convinced that things will be just fine.

Hahaaa, success! :D

MRidW_132_3%23

i do hope this can confirm that Heroes should also have awesome hairy chests....i request v-neck shirts for heroes to show off all that masculinity :D

Reactions: Frostedfire
Upvote 0
Good God, do you realize the German soldier you posted is wearing the "ski mask" just not covering his face?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=760213&postcount=265http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=760213&postcount=265

BTW: What happened to my post moderators?

I do own one of those head toque's... actually I own several, some are in DCU and ACU patterns, since we still use them in the infantry.. regardless.. there is no way in hell you could turn them into anything that even closely resembles the ski-masks in the screenshots.

EDIT: For the above poster, I applaud you, if the models looked like those in the photos, we would be golden. Sadly, they do not even come close to the geardo version seen in the Wehrmact-Swat-Photo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, We have this, and it seems like most people want it....

swat-team-posing_25084.jpg

And we have other people that want something a little more realistic.

german-soldier-wwii.jpg

LzP18.jpg

This is a U.S. WW2 wool mask, but it wasn't a concept only used by us, obviously. You completely missed the fact that this heavier ski-ish mask is made out of thick wool. That German soldier in your picture is wearing a Toque. Not a wool mask. The mannequin head has a tiny nose, but if you pull it up over your nose it will arch downwards. You need to take some fashion classes bro.

And please don't tell me something like "wool mask technology wasn't invented back then, it isn't realistic."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
that's great that TW asked you guys for help and like you all are doing now (giving input for historical corrections) i do hope that TW takes into account the things legitimate things needing to be corrected. i do agree that at times your feedback hasn't been met well.....honestly it's not really that uncommon on these forums (i've seen and experienced it myself ;)) but for each instance of constructive feedback, there's also equal levels of snobbish, immature, and unproductive comments....not saying from you personally, but in general.

but with these comments i'm left to wonder.....out of curiosity, where are your unit's members currently playing RO? i mean, which server? is there some campaign or scrims/training etc. going on that nobody knows about? odd statement considering i rarely see any players still in game wearing realism unit tags. if anything, clans (say, TWB for example, who hosts the only 3 24/7 filled servers) would be the only groups who could legitimately use this whole "we kept your game and community alive" argument....and do you see any clans or their leaders/members in these forums playing the entitlement card? it's not that the community (or TW i'd imagine) doesn't appreciate the realism units for what they add to the community, but realistically speaking, you're an extreme minority in the greater community.

i too don't appreciate some of the inaccuracies and certain things about RO2 that might appear to be taking it away from the game's roots. but i'm still going to buy the game and love playing it. with all the newly revealed plans for server customization, i'm much more convinced that things will be just fine.

i do hope this can confirm that Heroes should also have awesome hairy chests....i request v-neck shirts for heroes to show off all that masculinity :D

We are the 305 ID, we have trainings every Sunday on our server. There are 30+ of us, many of which have played in different realism units for years, some dating back to the mod days.

We are getting ready to start a campaign, and everyone is invited to play.

Link for Campaign Information: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=753804#post753804http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=753804#post753804

And I know that we are a minority, it just sucks when you have played a game for so long and it seems that the community and the game are going in the opposite direction. We'll still play, and we'll always be around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LzP18.jpg

This is a U.S. WW2 wool mask, but it wasn't only used by us. You completely missed the fact that this heavier ski-ish mask is made out of thick wool. The mannequin head has a tiny nose, but if you pull it up over your nose it will arch downwards. You need to take some fashion classes bro.

You are missing the point, the head toque is not something that you can pull up easily over the nose and overtop of your head, unless you wear two.

toque.JPG

So, unless the german army was suddenly undulated with 100,000,000 US-made ski-masks..... it seems far fetched to me.

These have been posted before, nothing new. Just the tip of the iceberg, but I digress, like some TW person posted before, it's all semantics, nothing is going to change this late in the game.

There will be the twitch-shooting CoD addicts on their Counterstrike-like servers.. and there will be the people that want to play a WW2 shooter on the other servers... game set match.

Reactions: NuclearDruid
Upvote 0
After playing ARMA for the last several years, coming back to RO and it seems pretty twitchy to me. And CoD games feel like Arcade games on crack.

Personally I'd rather they drop it all and just make a kickass WW2 mod for ARMA3. But I'm a minority.

That being said, RO2 is shaping up to be a great looking game (Historical inaccuracies perceived or otherwise). And am grateful they're even making a WW2 shooter. (A Genre long since buried amongst the main stream)

I just hope the forums don't melt down once the next batch of screenshots come out.

Upvote 0
Newp, not gunna happen, trust me, used them a million times, there is no way in hell you can turn it into a ski mask.

I've used those several of mine million times and while they still doesn't turn into a ski mask in terms of atomic particles and material composition it's sufficiently close in practice if you just do it right.

And while this has nothing to do with the whole german aryan ski mask part post-war DDR NVA copycat tounge is also proper candidate for the same treatment.

Last edited:
Upvote 0