• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ALIENWARE mask Giveaway

But some people just complain to complain even if it's something that's free...

That's the thing, it's not free. You pay for it for your time looking at advertising (e.g. subscribing to Alienware's newsletter or checking Alienware product placement forums etc.).

Just because you didn't spend money on it, it doesn't mean it's free.

Timed surprise advertising affiliate giveaways aside, I'm mostly bothered by the built-in advertising in a paid game. Advertising is passable for mobile apps where you can pay to remove it, but to have it built into a paid game is just ****ed up on many levels.

Nevermind that we have advertising p2w content which is significantly tied to gameplay already, while KF2 is still in early access (Zwei).

Thanks for the link though. Meanwhile, I'll be avoiding anything affiliated with Alienware on principle.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Somehow I missed this until Tuesday.. which was obviously way too late. Even though I was playing all weekend lol.

Yeah, they look somewhat neat but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Oh well - it's not going to ruin my gaming experience in the least.

Not sure what the fuss in this thread is all about.. and I don't agree about needing it to complete the game - has no effect on achievements and a player's ability to unlock every last one of them.

Just another example that our little board will find, and complain about, just about anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Somehow I missed this until Tuesday.. which was obviously way too late. Even though I was playing all weekend lol.

Yeah, they look somewhat neat but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Oh well - it's not going to ruin my gaming experience in the least.

Not sure what the fuss in this thread is all about.. and I don't agree about needing it to complete the game - has no effect on achievements and a player's ability to unlock every last one of them.

Just another example that our little board will find, and complain about, just about anything.

This reminds me of that game "DLC Quest" in which you have to "buy" stuff such as animations for your character. But TW's gotta get that dosh somehow and unless someone's synapse drops out a thundering new idea we're stuck with partnerships with Torn Banner, Alienware and whatever else to come.

Upvote 0
This reminds me of that game "DLC Quest" in which you have to "buy" stuff such as animations for your character. But TW's gotta get that dosh somehow and unless someone's synapse drops out a thundering new idea we're stuck with partnerships with Torn Banner, Alienware and whatever else to come.

Uhhhhh... Someone's synapse already dropped out a thundering new cash cow... It's called zedconomy.

Taking other games by example (CSGO, TF2)... It's a cash cow. Not to mention direct sales.

I'm kind of floored that people feel like this is something to be upset about.

Would you go as far as saying you're Killing Floored?

I'll see myself out.

Upvote 0
Well sorry for flooring you with my passion for this one thing in my life.

I agree with Duelist and especially Munchiesaurus Rex.
At this point I'm waiting for the Payday 2 crossover so I can just leave this game with a good conscience.
You're so passionate about it yet you want leave the game?

If you cared about the game so much you'd play it and love it no matter what 3rd parties offered. The game is no different with or without the AW paid advertisement mask.

Upvote 0
God this thread is sad. Sadder if you compare it to the PCG incident, which is nothing alike.
Luckily I got my key before this thread was made (which is probably when all the keys were taken by new AW users). This is actually the 2nd time these mask were given away, the first time was during AW's stream. TW posted this on FB and I made a Reddit thread a week prior to the stream to warn people since I found the files for the mask.
I even posted a link to Alienware's giveaway page and told people to keep a eye out.
If your like me, you would have already been logged in with your phone and have the giveaway page on your internet's homepage. All you had to do is check daily.

"People have jobs and family!"
So? I got my code during work, which I work to provide for my family. Literally took less then a min. That a weak excuse.

"I get turned off from a game if I can't unlock everything"
Well this isn't a unlock. Most games with cosmetics, equitable items, or time exclusive events usually have these kinds of things. Most games have these limited offers, be it PvE on PC or PvP on mobile.

Look if it's anything like what happened with DB, they will restock the keys soon. During this waiting period, do as I did, and save that giveaway page on your phone, and check daily. Literally takes only a min a day.
Speaking of DB, I will gladly take any extra keys form any of you ;)

Upvote 0
You're so passionate about it yet you want leave the game?

If you cared about the game so much you'd play it and love it no matter what 3rd parties offered. The game is no different with or without the AW paid advertisement mask.

That is where we don't agree. I think it makes it very much different. Of course I want to leave it, I don't want to be bothered by it like the way I am.

Upvote 0
I'm not mad that I did not get it but I do lose some desire to continue to play the game from not obtaining timed exclusives. Not because I wanna be a special snowflake as in my opinion I would probably never use the AW mask, it is because I am somewhat of a completionist. Any game becomes less appealing to me if they have a bunch of one time giveaways or time limited dlc or preorder bonuses.

I don't hate KF2 now but I find it harder to enjoy the game when in the back of my mind there is that tiny nagging feeling of knowing that it is impossible for me to unlock everything. I'm sure this feeling will grow stronger each time they do these limited giveaways and eventually I will just have zero desire to play anymore.

It sucks, I have not played many games that are probably amazing due to knowing it had a preorder exclusive or some other limited time deal thing.

Tripwire has clarified time and time again that they have plans to bring back the dosh jacket from time to time, and alienware drags out more codes for their obnoxious AYYYYYY items roughly every few months. It's more of a matter of patience than a matter of "never having a chance to ever get them again"

Upvote 0
Tripwire has clarified time and time again that they have plans to bring back the dosh jacket from time to time, and alienware drags out more codes for their obnoxious AYYYYYY items roughly every few months. It's more of a matter of patience than a matter of "never having a chance to ever get them again"

Mind linking me to this statement from TWI and also a link to Alienware stating they give out codes more than once? I'm sure that if we got an official statement on this, people wouldn't be so fed up about this.

Upvote 0