• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Alientated

Status
Not open for further replies.

kraykan

Aug 17, 2015
Tripwire, i would like to let you know that you lost a customer over the Zedconomy "update". I know all the fanboys on this forum will tell me how selfish I am, but you are really shooting yourself in the foot.

If you choose not to learn from the mistakes of other games, such as Payday, then i choose not to purchase games you make. It's a shame, because I honestly think KF1 and RO2 are some of the funnest games i own.

I will probably be called a fanboy or whatever for even replying to this thread.

Anyway while I understand that a lot of people are simply allergic to the sheer term "microtransactions", did you actually read in detail what this system is supposed to introduce?

Not to mention that it's not here yet, so we don't know anything 100%. Premises from the announcement post and included FAQ are not as bad as one may think by merely looking at the proverbial book cover.

If I read everything correctly, this "update" essentially:
- Gives TWI a way to (in the future) sell DLC that is cheaper than regular Steam DLC system, since Steam will not get their 30% royalties (see this post).
- Gives players cosmetic drops for free.
- Players will in the future be able to craft unwanted cosmetics into ones they do want.
- Only top tier pimped cosmetics that most normal people would deem unfitting to the game art style drop from crates that are opened with paid keys.
- If you don't want to wait for enough stuff to drop so you can craft, you can buy from other players on Steam market (pay to skip).
- Weapon DLC system in KF2 is already better than KF1 in which you had to ask players with DLC to buy weapons for you. Here, everything is guaranteed to be shared.
- In the end skins are entirely optional and weapon / character packs (if they will even be sold in packs) are KF franchise bread and butter.

The only really "bad" thing that one could say about it is that this system is introduced before they game is actually ready. And I bet this is why most people went ape****.

Finally, let's debunk the Payday 2 argument, since it doesn't fit here whatsoever. I will just quote:
As it is, comparing KF2 adding microtransactions to Payday 2 adding microtransactions is hilariously misrepresentative of either situation and is effectively irrelevent aside from being able to give ignorant people a scapegoat to claim microtransactions are evil and I don't like them so don't add them waaaaaaaaugh
Keep in mind that a lot of PD2 backlash comes from both the fact that they specifically promised no MTs, and the general DLC power creep that is eating this game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you not going to play a fun game you already paid for over a system that isn't implemented yet and could change?

And ignore that they said from the beginning at every interview and other chance they had that they would be selling the stuff? IMO the only bad part of this is that in the future they will sell weapons. Cosmetics is A+ and works for a lot of other games such as League of Legends and Planetside 2.

Upvote 0
Alientated
Alien-tatered
What's taters, precious?

samwise.jpg

Confirmed.

Upvote 0
Tripwire, i would like to let you know that you lost a customer over the Zedconomy "update". I know all the fanboys on this forum will tell me how selfish I am, but you are really shooting yourself in the foot.

If you choose not to learn from the mistakes of other games, such as Payday, then i choose not to purchase games you make. It's a shame, because I honestly think KF1 and RO2 are some of the funnest games i own.

here you go,read this
For all the people crying about micro-transactions:

• Skins are COSMETIC only, they do NOT AFFECT STATS, so please stop with the PAYDAY 2 fiasco.
  • Some of those skins are MADE BY THE PLAYERS LIKE YOU (can someone confirm if the players can choose to make their skin free or paid ?).
  • This update DIDN'T DELAYED THE GAMEPLAY UPDATE (GUNSLINGER) BECAUSE ONE DEVELOPER WAS AFFECTED WHILE THE REST WAS WORKING ON THE GAMEPLAY UPDATE. You don't believe me ? Here's my source : [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1452861#post1452861[/URL].
  • Not happy because you received a crate ? THEN JUST SELL IT OR GIVE IT TO A FRIEND.
  • READ THE F.A.Q. AGAIN
Sorry for all the uppercase sentences but I hope that people who are like "OMFG DLC MICRO-TRANSACTIONS, UNINSTALL KF2, REFUND" will look twice before posting and having that kind of behaviour.

Oh and by the way, I'm like you, I dislike skins, I stopped playing PAYDAY 2 because the skins were giving stats (Pay2Win). Will I stop playing KF2 ? No, I'll just play with all the default skins and give away my crates to my friends. So why don't you do the same ?

Upvote 0
I don't understand why people are so mad about this. It's completely non-game-changing and optional.
Zedconomy webpage said:
All of the content added in Trading Floor at launch will be cosmetic only and not affect gameplay in any way. In the future we may be adding weapons with new gameplay for sale, but this will appear in the

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.