• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation adding new player model/Classes

ExoCet-NAW

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 17, 2006
this is really causing me some grief.

I am trying to add a new player model and classes for the darkest hour mod,
As it is a new player model, How do I go about adding it and the classes to go with it.

I have done the mesh,Textures and animations bit, that is showing up ok.
if I add them subclassed from and existing role (say RUassault class) does it use the new model or the existing RO model ?.

please help as I my brain can't take much more of this lol.

Have you done a UPL file for your new player roles? This is where the player model is assigned to the role.

You could d/l the fallschirmjager roles I made & take a look at how I used the russian tanker model for FJ (http://www.fileplanet.com/171090/170000/fileinfo/RO:Ost-Fallschirmjager-Add-on-&-sampler-map )
thanks Fennich,

I have followed your files and got the model ingame.
But have a big problem with the texture.

everything is fine in the anim browser, all textures are where they should be.
But ingame the main uniform texture hs a face texture on it, I have tried allday today trying to figure it out, with no luck.

Ingame
ingame2.jpg

Anim Browser
anim_browser.jpg

Upvote 0
Each new role should define the models to use in its defaultproperties - eg:

Models(0)="FJ1"
Models(1)="FJ2"
etc

Then in the UPL file, for each model (eg FJ1 & FJ2), the actual model used, the body texture & face texture are defined:

Player=(DefaultName="FJ1",Species=ROEngine.ROSPECIES_Human,Mesh=Characters_anm.rus_tanker,BodySkin=KG_Ger_Player_Tex.FJ.FJ_1,FaceSkin=Characters_tex.rus_heads.rus_face01,Portrait=Characters_tex.rus_heads.rus_face01,Text=ROPlayers.HeerStandardSoldier,Sex=Male,Menu="ROSP",Tactics=0.5,CombatStyle=1,StrafingAbility=-2.0,Accuracy=.5,RagDoll=German_tunic,BotUse=1,Race="German")

The only thing I can think of is have you defined the body & face skins correctly in the UPL?

Upvote 0
just noticed on loading log that it has a few errors.

"null can't resolve package name" or something.

do I have to do something else for it to locate the package ?.
I do have it in editpackages in the ini file.

Do you have the these lines in your mods default ini under [Core.System]

+Paths=../YOUR_MOD_NAME/System/*.u
+Paths=../YOUR_MOD_NAME/Textures/*.utx

Upvote 0
I am now recieving these errors when trying to test in a map.

Error: ROPawn Autoplay.ROPawn (Function ROEngine.ROPawn.Setup:0060) Accessed null class context 'Species'
Error: ROPawn Autoplay.ROPawn (Function ROEngine.ROPawn.Setup:0095) Accessed null class context 'Species'
ScriptLog: xPawn.PlayDying: No Species
Error: ROPawn Autoplay.ROPawn (Function ROEngine.ROPawn.Setup:0060) Accessed null class context 'Species'
Error: ROPawn Autoplay.ROPawn (Function ROEngine.ROPawn.Setup:0095) Accessed null class context 'Species'
ScriptLog: xPawn.PlayDying: No Species

I have got the helmet working ok and is attached to the player but ingame the model and skins shows as default german skin and model.

any help please.

Upvote 0
OK I have sorted the species bit out, but now am getting these two errors.

Warning: Failed to load 'NULL': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Mesh None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Material None.': Can't resolve package name
Warning: Failed to load 'Material None.': Can't resolve package name

please help.

Upvote 0