• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Add action to MG for hip-fire

i76

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Australia
Please TWI can you make it so MG's have to right click whilst standing/crouching to mount the MG to their hip.

The amount of times I've faced off with an enemy MG with an SMG and lost is BS.... the fact I have my SMG in a combat ready psoition and the MG doesn't yeah he can fire off rounds as quick.

Especially with stick on monitor crosshairs this makes the MG a heavy SMG.

Maybe before you release vehicles you could fix this

Thank you

*rage on MG glitchors*

yeah Ive had this happen countless times to me, Id be rounding a corner in CQB with my Pa Pa Sha at the ready, and some guy luggin around a '34 (whilst sprinting mind you) was able to stop, line me up, shoot, and kill me, after Ive fired off 5 or 6 rounds into him, and the horrid hit detection doesnt wanna register rounds being fired off so close together from two seperate players at eachother

Upvote 0
Well this is the ideas/suggestions thread so I'd assume the devs read it... maybe they're too busy pullin cones idk.

I never played RO but have heard this was a feature, why change it and allow MG's to be used as CQC weapons in RO2

All I can say is pull ya finger out twi and do ya job.... its obvious that most want this.

At least have the decency twi to reply on yer own fukkin forums and say 'no'.

I'd also expect a ban but since they dont seem to read these or acknowledge players I doubt it...

I have another suggestion twi.... remove all forum sections and leave only the announcements and news, that way you dont have to not read your own forums.

Upvote 0
I hate the hipfiring mg as is right now. I don't know how many times I played CD game mode only to have one guy on the other team sprinting from room to room unloading 250 rounds into everyone.

Even tf2 has a pause on the heavy mg gunner before he can spray his gun! :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Removed off topic posts.

We do read these forums, and many of our updates are formulated off of information in the ideas and suggestions forums. Some things we disagree with (even popular ideas), others we find ways to work into future projects because of the work involved.

We do not ban people for anything other than breaking the forum rules. Which includes spreading misinformation and intentionally antagonizing the staff (and other forum users). You can find the forum rules here: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/announcement.php?f=74&a=1

Stay on topic.

Upvote 0
Stop worrying and learn to love the hipfire. It's only good to about a 10m range anyway.

10m my ***, even AI do it at 30-50m.

For all the reasons I stated in the op plus I love playing commander to have my mg's all leave their guys without cover so they can go cqb inside buildings.

Removed off topic posts.

We do read these forums, and many of our updates are formulated off of information in the ideas and suggestions forums. Some things we disagree with (even popular ideas), others we find ways to work into future projects because of the work involved.

We do not ban people for anything other than breaking the forum rules. Which includes spreading misinformation and intentionally antagonizing the staff (and other forum users). You can find the forum rules here: [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/announcement.php?f=74&a=1[/URL]

Stay on topic.

OK Yoshiro, can you address the issue cause its one of the obvious hates for many players....
It destroys the purpose of the MG for both sides... is this how you intended the mg to be?

And could you please state if you intend to do anything about it?

If its a no then please just say so... if you've said it before its under hours of posts and I've missed it and Im sorry.

Ty.

Upvote 0
10m my ***, even AI do it at 30-50m.

For all the reasons I stated in the op plus I love playing commander to have my mg's all leave their guys without cover so they can go cqb inside buildings.

OK Yoshiro, can you address the issue cause its one of the obvious hates for many players....
It destroys the purpose of the MG for both sides... is this how you intended the mg to be?

And could you please state if you intend to do anything about it?

If its a no then please just say so... if you've said it before its under hours of posts and I've missed it and Im sorry.

Ty.

Reply when not asked to, ignore when asked a question........ fukin awesome.

Upvote 0
From what I remember, we ran out of time to do something like this for the launch of RO 2, and looking into it later it mean breaking and recreating a large part of the animation chain. There have been higher priority items that have larger impact per cost (work of making) of making these changes.

Upvote 0
From what I remember, we ran out of time to do something like this for the launch of RO 2, and looking into it later it mean breaking and recreating a large part of the animation chain. There have been higher priority items that have larger impact per cost (work of making) of making these changes.

I have an idea on how to implement this without adding new animations. Keep being able to to fire from the hip like you do now, but make recoil extremely high. Like uncontrollably high. And when you right-click, have the game switch you to walking speed. I know this game has a walking speed animation. Just use the "setbind x walking" command and you'll see. I have mine bound to capslock. Anyway, let the recoil be controllable only when you are walking. That would basically be you "bracing yourself".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It does seem to slow you down, but not as much as the walking bind does. Also, it only slows you down while you are actively firing. IMO, it would be better to have to right-click to slow down to that walking pace before being able to fire controllably.

Meanwhile with the PPSH/Thompson drum mag (or a flame thrower)...

Whether you run into a LMG at close quarters or a SMG at close quarters, end results will vary, but generally the rifleman will be mowed down. Of course if the rifleman takes precaution, their chances of survival increase, regardless of what's around the corner. You won't see much change in LMG used in close quarters regardless of whether they walk a bit more *****ly than you want them too or not.

I use the LMGs quite a lot, and do hip fire it when I need to. If I want to do it effectively I fire in bursts, and stand still or crouch. Walking and firing the thing throws it off balance too much to do anything but paint a big shoot me sign over my head. Also I'll burn through half my ammo on anything past close range unless the person doesn't notice me and I make careful shots.

Adding a baby proof sluggish take aim stance to fire the weapon makes this more like TF2 than Red Orchestra. I'm not here to play the heavy, I'm here to play the light machine gunner who needs to bound to cover, and on occasions lay down some fire when on the move.

Upvote 0