• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Action mode is a steaming pile of... really good fun?

Vapid

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
Seriously I just tried it as my first game after finally managing to download the patch (took me a day and a night) and after getting used to the cross-hair it's really good fun!

Just had an awesome game on Pavlov's House - the game runs smooth as a nut on ultra, the audio is good, the improved UI is certainly welcome (am I right in thinking the destroyable object markers are new? If so, good addition) and everything just seems much more optimised.

Well done TWI. I look forward to playing much more Action mode, and the guys on this particular server were very friendly and co-operative.

Two thumbs up :IS2:

Reactions: melipone
What is ironic is you cant rambo the MG in this mode. In realism and classic i can rambo my MG and get insane amount of kills super easy as it is perfectly accurate to where the MG points. In Action mode, probably because there is a cross hair, the MG is insanely unaccurate to the point where if you arent on top of the enemy, you will hit nothing and die horribly. Since i only use MG i wont play action mode because of this.

Upvote 0
Each to his own I suppose. Many were afraid action would become a "COD game"; and many still don't like it, however when I got to try it on the free weekend I actually rather enjoyed it and saw its potential for easing in new players to Red Orchestra while still keeping the base RO gameplay.

Well it's a CoD mode, and since RO2 has clearly been influenced by it, it fits snugly.

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
What is ironic is you cant rambo the MG in this mode. In realism and classic i can rambo my MG and get insane amount of kills super easy as it is perfectly accurate to where the MG points. In Action mode, probably because there is a cross hair, the MG is insanely unaccurate to the point where if you arent on top of the enemy, you will hit nothing and die horribly. Since i only use MG i wont play action mode because of this.

This, this so much. I'm good enough with my MG to hipfire someone at 90m the other day while bleeding out. Free aim is probably the most amazing thing about this game, not many can claim the bullets fire exactly where you aim. Even with a PPSH or MP40 moving through rooms firing from the hip is so amazing.

Upvote 0