• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About Mine Reconstructor and the mechanics that spoil the fun in Objective Mode

CANUEF

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2020
I do not understand why this weapon does not give the ability to heal itself under normal circumstances, when there is no doctor. Especially logically, we can heal ourselves by throwing healing bombs one after another. However, if we are on the blue liquid or trigger it, we will not be able to heal ourselves in any way. When we become doctors, we use the Symbiotic Health advantage to heal others, while we see improvement from ourselves, there is no problem with that

However, we are not affected by ourselves because of the poisonous liquid we give to other kinds of zeds. When using the Corrupter Carbine weapon, we can see improvement in ourselves, only its use is slow, but this is not a big problem.

As for the task mode, if we think about it again in the same logical way, we can take the tablet only on our own in a normal way and proceed at a normal pace. But yes, if a player enters the server, it feels like we are carrying the engine of the air conditioner, and no one likes these task modes properly.

I bet everyone throws away the tablets and gears they bought in mission mode over and over again and gets them back off the ground. I'm just asking the developer, do you really think this is fun? So is it fun to throw it on the floor over and over again and get it back?

I would say reconsider these two issues as a logical one. I still don't care, I have a bug that will make him ignore this weight. I will not specifically specify how this is done or where the problem is. If I specify it, you will make the task mode even more terrible.

About this particular weapon I mentioned ,you should give it the property of self-healing ,logically speaking.

I do not understand why this weapon does not give the ability to heal itself under normal circumstances, when there is no doctor. Especially logically, we can heal ourselves by throwing healing bombs one after another. However, if we are on the blue liquid or trigger it, we will not be able to heal ourselves in any way. When we become doctors, we use the Symbiotic Health advantage to heal others, while we see improvement from ourselves, there is no problem with that
The Mine Reconstructor does not--and never should--have self-healing capabilities because allowing that would be even more abuseable and encourage an even more selfish playstyle than literally every other Medic weapon. In fact, the first thing that came to mind when this weapon was first announced was "man, if the puddles can be walked over by the user to heal themselves, this will easily be the most used weapon in the game."

To start with: self-healing should be extremely limited by design. Allowing too much of it:
  1. detracts from teamplay.
  2. marginalizes the dedicated healing perk, tying in to the above point, giving it less of a role
  3. Gives perks which are meant to be fragile by design less so, and makes tanky perks even tankier. Obviously the main concern here is for the medic itself, but this also applies for berserker and survivalist.
Consider why the healing syringe is more effective when used on other players, and why medics have a skill on their skill tree that gives them buffs when they heal others. This is to incentivize players to support each other rather than only looking out for themselves.
Consider why Berserker is basically the only other perk that has self-healing in limited form: Skirmisher requires you to have reduced health for that privilege, and Vampire requires you to give up damage for it, so you can't have literally all the superpowers in the game along with self-healing.

Now, back to the Mine Reconstructor, which is meant to sacrifice immediate-response effectiveness on healing for its gimmick of allowing Medics to place mines ahead of time in spots where players are likely to get damaged.

Think about the scenario where a Medic wants to start running, or is the last man standing, or is being chased by an angry Scrake or Fleshpound--and has a version of the MR where they can heal themselves.

The immediate response to any threat or damage would be to start running away and throwing mines at the floor, walking their injured selves over the blobs, and in the process giving themselves full buffs with the left-side tree. It would be another version of what already happens with the Hemoclobber (which had to be nerfed, rightly so) or the 501 (which at least has a limited 10 times to do this with the alt-fire and you need to remain in the gas for optimum benefit), but without the (very minor) limitations on those weapons that even sort of limit the "endless unkillable Medic kite" that the game already has a serious problem with. On top of that, not having to heal other players for their already silly buffs will encourage selfish Medics, something the game already has issue with.
Is the game getting hard? No worries, just let your team die and win with the scaled-down difficulty! You have practically infinite self-healing with this so you'll eventually win unless you grievously screw up. But that's not something that should be encouraged. The game's skill floor for playing Medic is already insanely low, and this would just lower it even further.

Or consider a Berserker, now no longer dependent on anything else as long as they have this as a sidearm. Why wouldn't they use it? Just plop down blobs where they root themselves with Dreadnaught and voila, no medic needed, because you'll have a fallback healing source that the game wasn't designed around so you can always top off that 200 HP. Running a Skirmisher build and get in over your head? Blast the floor and get an even better result than the Hemoclobber. Or spam it to take out clusters of trash from afar without having to really aim, since it does have a splash radius.
Sure, it would certainly hurt your damage output as a Berserker compared to other options, but that doesn't really matter when you just can outlast everything and the game equally counts that as a win over a competent DPS Berserker player.

TL;DR:
giving the Mine Reconstructor on-demand self-heal would be extremely bad and only exacerbate the worst parts of dealing with Medics and tanky perks in KF2.

As for the objective mode stuff...eh. Assuming I understand the complain, It's a holdover from KF1's mechanics where fast-fingered players can make the carry portion somewhat less of a slog, which encourages at least some mechanical skill and complexity, if not by the most ideal design.

Upvote 0
The Mine Reconstructor does not--and never should--have self-healing capabilities because allowing that would be even more abuseable and encourage an even more selfish playstyle than literally every other Medic weapon. In fact, the first thing that came to mind when this weapon was first announced was "man, if the puddles can be walked over by the user to heal themselves, this will easily be the most used weapon in the game."

To start with: self-healing should be extremely limited by design. Allowing too much of it:
  1. detracts from teamplay.
  2. marginalizes the dedicated healing perk, tying in to the above point, giving it less of a role
  3. Gives perks which are meant to be fragile by design less so, and makes tanky perks even tankier. Obviously the main concern here is for the medic itself, but this also applies for berserker and survivalist.
Consider why the healing syringe is more effective when used on other players, and why medics have a skill on their skill tree that gives them buffs when they heal others. This is to incentivize players to support each other rather than only looking out for themselves.
Consider why Berserker is basically the only other perk that has self-healing in limited form: Skirmisher requires you to have reduced health for that privilege, and Vampire requires you to give up damage for it, so you can't have literally all the superpowers in the game along with self-healing.

Now, back to the Mine Reconstructor, which is meant to sacrifice immediate-response effectiveness on healing for its gimmick of allowing Medics to place mines ahead of time in spots where players are likely to get damaged.

Think about the scenario where a Medic wants to start running, or is the last man standing, or is being chased by an angry Scrake or Fleshpound--and has a version of the MR where they can heal themselves.

The immediate response to any threat or damage would be to start running away and throwing mines at the floor, walking their injured selves over the blobs, and in the process giving themselves full buffs with the left-side tree. It would be another version of what already happens with the Hemoclobber (which had to be nerfed, rightly so) or the 501 (which at least has a limited 10 times to do this with the alt-fire and you need to remain in the gas for optimum benefit), but without the (very minor) limitations on those weapons that even sort of limit the "endless unkillable Medic kite" that the game already has a serious problem with. On top of that, not having to heal other players for their already silly buffs will encourage selfish Medics, something the game already has issue with.
Is the game getting hard? No worries, just let your team die and win with the scaled-down difficulty! You have practically infinite self-healing with this so you'll eventually win unless you grievously screw up. But that's not something that should be encouraged. The game's skill floor for playing Medic is already insanely low, and this would just lower it even further.

Or consider a Berserker, now no longer dependent on anything else as long as they have this as a sidearm. Why wouldn't they use it? Just plop down blobs where they root themselves with Dreadnaught and voila, no medic needed, because you'll have a fallback healing source that the game wasn't designed around so you can always top off that 200 HP. Running a Skirmisher build and get in over your head? Blast the floor and get an even better result than the Hemoclobber. Or spam it to take out clusters of trash from afar without having to really aim, since it does have a splash radius.
Sure, it would certainly hurt your damage output as a Berserker compared to other options, but that doesn't really matter when you just can outlast everything and the game equally counts that as a win over a competent DPS Berserker player.

TL;DR: giving the Mine Reconstructor on-demand self-heal would be extremely bad and only exacerbate the worst parts of dealing with Medics and tanky perks in KF2.

As for the objective mode stuff...eh. Assuming I understand the complain, It's a holdover from KF1's mechanics where fast-fingered players can make the carry portion somewhat less of a slog, which encourages at least some mechanical skill and complexity, if not by the most ideal design.
Thank you for your opinion, I agree with half of what you said. But, for example, a breakfast knife that we use in our lives is, yes, something that we need in our daily lives to make a normal breakfast. But no one can guarantee that this breakfast will not kill what someone can kill with a knife. If there was really something to be guaranteed, then they would make a non-sharp breakfast knife out of wood.

Especially when playing Versus mode, the doors that can be caused are abused, and versus is really useful for slowing down zeds. By closing the doors, versus zedlerin can force that door to open again. Especially if someone buys a bone crusher gun in versus mode, he officially declares his immortality because he is not affected at all by the rockets fired. I would like to give even more examples, but the count does not end there.

You can't decide who to abuse and who to use for good. I have 10000 dosh and I need to get out urgently. my teammates just got in and they don't have any money.
I am abusing the mechanics of throwing the money that the game gave me, throwing it out of reach of players on the map. and yes, it's already easy after that, to get out of the game.

like this,

Soo as for the task mode, I really hated the gear/datapad task, but I have a game deficit related to it, thanks to which I can easily complete this wave on a 6-person server and no one even has to die. But since no one knows about this deficit, there is an alternative way out of it.

Put it down, take it back. Put it down, take it back. Put it down, take it back. is fun

I want to give you a little method in Versus mode. If you become a shell, close the doors and shoot.

No one will abuse the doors anymore.

Upvote 0