• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About albino crawlers... Gas Floor 2

They make gameplay even worse, and by that I mean more messy, spammy and enforcing even more running. Not everyone is a fan of that.

I think those special zeds should be kept in separate difficulty modes. Named, for example "+", these modes would retain basic health / speed statistics but offer those additional zeds. So that way we'd have 'vanilla' hard and hard+, hoe, hoe+, etc. And there could be even more special zeds in these modes, for example sirens with pull ability, etc.

Upvote 0
Soo, this is still a thing and in my opinion it should be completly removed from the game. Reason for this is: its not the damage, its the annoying part of it. It blocks completly your vision and it makes you just spam your LMB (especially as zerker) and hope you hit something. THIS is not fun, and the the game should be enjoyable.

Off Topic: The Siren's damage stacks with other Sirens. They can kill you under 1sec when a door breaks and when youre standing close to the door.

Upvote 0
FoolishNinja;n2269382 said:
Soo, this is still a thing and in my opinion it should be completly removed from the game. Reason for this is: its not the damage, its the annoying part of it. It blocks completly your vision and it makes you just spam your LMB (especially as zerker) and hope you hit something. THIS is not fun, and the the game should be enjoyable.

Off Topic: The Siren's damage stacks with other Sirens. They can kill you under 1sec when a door breaks and when youre standing close to the door.

Yes, please remove them Tripwire.

And the off topic, that happend to me today on Paris. I didn't know that could happen. :(

Upvote 0
There was a thread about albino crawler and people were mostly agreeing on adding them, now you've played with the albino crawler and all you pansys are now crying for them to get removed.
IMO they bring a chunk of more challenge, even if it's a cheap way... still if you can hit AC's head it will not gas so that's that. Maybe just lower their spawn quantity overall and that should be enough.

Upvote 0
s5yn3t;n2269416 said:
There was a thread about albino crawler and people were mostly agreeing on adding them, now you've played with the albino crawler and all you pansys are now crying for them to get removed.
IMO they bring a chunk of more challenge, even if it's a cheap way... still if you can hit AC's head it will not gas so that's that. Maybe just lower their spawn quantity overall and that should be enough.

The headshotting thing doesnt work that great tbh. Perks like Support or Zerker have some difficulties to hit their head. Not to mention Crawlers are really fast on HoE.
I also dont see any challenge they bring. The damage is low. Its just blocks your vision, what makes you more spammy. But that doesnt really count as a challenge, more like annoyance.

Upvote 0
strangely enough i've found myself and others hitting their heads more than i expected, i mean in the times i'm not particulary aiming at them, or aiming sideways, or with unlikely perks like zeker or support, that said, maybe the time it lasts or the fog height could be toned down a bit.

Upvote 0
occluding vision more than is reasonable can be dealt with, via making the FX less occluding, but still reducing sight lines in an area temporarily.

Edit: to be clear, there's no necessity for this Enemy to affect your Camera directly, but just create an environmental hazard and a moderate area of occlusion.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the idea of gas crawlers, but in the current implementation they make the game an absolute mess. What I mean by that is regardless of whether you're kiting or holding, your vision is very often covered in green. I think it makes the game look much worse.

Headshotting crawlers to avoid the explosion is great in principle, and actually promotes aiming, however it is often very hard to achieve in practice. This is because albino crawlers often appear from vents either very close to the group when holding, or just around a corner when camping. You simply don't have enough time to carefully aim at the head if you don't want to get hit. And since crawlers can do something like 40 damage with just one combo (possibly more), it would be stupid to take the hits to aim unless you know you'll be healed up before some other zed gets the chance to finish you off.

I agree with many others: the gas cloud should dissipate faster, and should be more transparent. More often than not, this is what we see on our screens. I do like what albino crawlers are intended for, and it actually made it hard to keep up with healing for the one match my team decided to try zerk walling (with 4 firebugs) with just one medic.

Please don't remove albino crawlers, but just refine them a bit. If you play a few matches with them on HoE, it is pretty clear that it is very hard to avoid clouding your screen with green.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Albino crawlers are imo the worst addition to this game since release. All it adds is artificial difficulty in blinding your vision and making you spam M1 twice as fast. (was already too much of a spamfest already :D) I have really enjoyed almost all the additions from the last couple updates but these albino crawlers are completely ruining the experience for me. But that is just my opinion :p

Upvote 0
Homerun29;n2269448 said:
Albino crawlers are imo the worst addition to this game since release. All it adds is artificial difficulty in blinding your vision and making you spam M1 twice as fast. (was already too much of a spamfest already :D) I have really enjoyed almost all the additions from the last couple updates but these albino crawlers are completely ruining the experience for me. But that is just my opinion :p

Have you considered making a 'fighting withdrawal' to a secondary hold-out location?

Upvote 0
DeadPlayer123;n2269474 said:
I do as well, they are annoying but the game is so much better with they. Their porpoise is to obscure the vision in that area not do damage, this is why I dont agree with OP opinion to increase damage and decrease area, it makes no sense.

If you have played HoE you would think otherwise. They are really fast, spawning in groups, makes it impossible to avoid them. If one of them explodes, you will just stand few steps back and fire at zeds silhouettes. I dont think thats awesome, neither its fun and neither challenging. Just annoying.
You dont see at what youre really shooting at, you dont see the zeds reacting to the the hits you do. This makes your game experience worse in anyway.

You can still camp in the gas, you can still see the zeds coming. So I dont see any reason to keep this gas like that how it is.
Also the gas bugs other zeds. For example a Stalker keeps jumping around, cuz of the damage she takes. Same with Gorefasts, Slashers, Scrakes, Crawlers, etc.

Upvote 0
They could do with some tweaking, basically an ideal scenario would be that they would be effective in disrupting players who are camping too much in one spot, but which are avoidable if you keep moving together in a coordinated fashion. Of course, it's fun if they can try to break groups up a bit, but if handled well, that should be avoidable.

At the moment they're rather quick so it's hard to prevent them coming up to you even if you're running like hell, while they're pretty easy to get rid of if you're camping, so they could use some tweaking. Still, they're a great addition, and getting rid of them completely would be a big disservice to the game IMO.

Upvote 0
Instead of gas, they could make a different system to prevent camping that much. Something that doesnt block your vision with special effects (we already have enough of these..). A zed type that could ram into players, penetrating the front line and pushing them back. FP could do that, or Husks, or any other bulky zed.

Upvote 0
FoolishNinja;n2269505 said:
Instead of gas, they could make a different system to prevent camping that much. Something that doesnt block your vision with special effects (we already have enough of these..). A zed type that could ram into players, penetrating the front line and pushing them back. FP could do that, or Husks, or any other bulky zed.

So you want Charger from l4d2 to be added to the game?.... That's actually a neat idea, might aswell add smoker.
Also, I think they should remove the bs fx of the poison and change it to mega dof blur when you inhale some of the gas, like in BF Hardline. You won't see much anyway, but atleast your vision will not be blocked by a green snort animation xD

Upvote 0