• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Step In The Right Direction

Classic and the latest patch is a huge improvement. Still, some things can use work.

I still think the suppression is over done. Too much wiggling of the weapon.

Textures often only fully load when you are right up close to them. Considering the textures are rather low end for the most part they should load at the start of the map once. I know this is a UE3 issue, but games like UT3 and ME2/3 don't have this issue once the map loads for the first time.

The focusing/refocusing is a bit odd sometimes.

There are a few more issues I have but for the most part the game is rather good.

It just needs better maps, some more patches and we have a solid game.

Upvote 0
I still think the suppression is over done. Too much wiggling of the weapon.

I will have to respectfully disagree on this one I think its the best suppression system of any game to date.Before when your screen just greyed out I just ignored it and kept on killing.Now that's impossible and being suppressed now means your actually suppressed.

Also it doesn't happen every time there are different levels of suppression.When the bar is full you gun jumps around to simulate fear.In RL being pinned by a MG would put the fear of god in your making shooting very hard.

Just my opinion for me it just adds even more realism

Upvote 0
The little red targets at the top of the screen telling us where the enemy
Because there are like 2 or 3 voice actors for the whole team, how I am supposed to know who just told me about enemy in sight? And with just "ENEMY!!!!" how I am supposed to know where this enemy is located? Its not like "Enemy soldier, 9 o clock, 2nd store". Its not that informative so its better to have some marker showing the position.

Upvote 0
I will have to respectfully disagree on this one I think its the best suppression system of any game to date.Before when your screen just greyed out I just ignored it and kept on killing.Now that's impossible and being suppressed now means your actually suppressed.

Also it doesn't happen every time there are different levels of suppression.When the bar is full you gun jumps around to simulate fear.In RL being pinned by a MG would put the fear of god in your making shooting very hard.

I wish I had that article of the US Marine in Iraq who was under fire with rounds impacting within inches of him yet he was able to accurately pick off something like 12-18 enemies.

Artificial systems don't work out so well, IMO.

Upvote 0
Well, I do think that the Age of Entitlement is to blame for it. I'm not attacking character, I'm attacking a social malady. Unfortunately, individual lives are wasted by it, all while being observable in a video game.

Back on topic, do you like it when the computer finds your bad guy?

Seriously. What is it that makes it so hard for a player to identify the location of their virtual enemy?

Sorry, what? Are you talking about the enemy spotted mechanic?

When has the computer ever found the bad guy for you? It's the other players which do that for you, and use the Enemy Spotted function. The icon is purely a communication aid to allow that information to be shared.

And even then, it still doesn't spot the bad guy specifically, merely tells you where a team mate has indicated he has seen an enemy; he might have seen nothing at all, he might have seen a dead soldier, the target he might have seen might have retreated.

Given the constraints of the game world, it's probably the most realistic and effective spotting function there is (barring 3D VOIP). Certainly better than, stopping, pressing "U" and typing "there's ane eny soldier at xxx!", by which time the information is redundant, or you are dead.

Upvote 0

I agree. I'm also very happy with the new suppression system.

Upvote 0
I wish I had that article of the US Marine in Iraq who was under fire with rounds impacting within inches of him yet he was able to accurately pick off something like 12-18 enemies.

Artificial systems don't work out so well, IMO.

He's stupid and he's lucky. If there's only a few inches between him and a bullet, it could have easily hit him. Fear is normally what stops us(if you're not a traumatised to the point of insensitiveness), but you can't model that in a game can you.

Upvote 0