• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A question for a Rising Storm developer about XP multipliers

brucewayne

Jun 1, 2013
Now, first off, I am not whining, but inquiring.
What made you guys get the idea of such big xp multipliers for 2 whole weeks? Don't you think that is a bit much? I can understand giving previous ro2 owners a little reward, but seriously? 4x XP for 2 WEEKS? C'mon. I think that this is really going to put people who bought the game without already owning ro2 or who didn't preorder at a disadvantage. I do also understand that leveling is not that big of an advantage in this game, but it is how long and large this xp multiplier period is that seems overboard.
P.S. I already owned ro2, and also I love Rising Storm.

I've been stuck working non-stop the past week, but the first few days I was on RS allowed me to nearly max. every class (sans Engineer, Sniper, and Mortar) to Highly Decorated; I'm just waiting on the honor level to hit Highly Decorated/Hero. Without that XP bonus, this would've taken a few months given my current work schedule! ;)

Upvote 0
Ok, I was mistaken about the inb4 reset being for anyone who already had ro2, but the preorder customers got 2x xp. Not a big deal though, just interesting how it lasts 2 weeks.

All i knew was that the Inb4reset guys got double XP. I didnt realise the PRe-order guys did as well.

That means i must be getting 4X experince with both pre order and Inb4reset.

Would be nice if the TWI staff would clear that up...because the inb4 guys are not getting much compared to those who pre purchased really.

All i want is the cool Jap uniform....unfortunately when you are playing you dont get to see it your self:(

Upvote 0
All i knew was that the Inb4reset guys got double XP. I didnt realise the PRe-order guys did as well.

That means i must be getting 4X experince with both pre order and Inb4reset.

Would be nice if the TWI staff would clear that up...because the inb4 guys are not getting much compared to those who pre purchased really.

All i want is the cool Jap uniform....unfortunately when you are playing you dont get to see it your self:(

I believe pre-purchase is a 2x and inb4reset is another 4x. I'm getting 8x kill xp at least. They combine for 8x however it works out.

Upvote 0
I think I get 4x multiplier. So most weapons are level 25+ already.
However there is a bug when you play commander. Your artillery kills count towards your primary weapon. I am almost certain about this as when RS came out I played about 4-5 rounds Axis commander and the Nambu 100 was level 50 that very same evening.
I tested this with other weapons and the same happened on Allies commander as well. I haven't leveled those up though, just tested it but given that as a commander I get 80-140 kills in 2 rounds and about 600 points on the scoreboard leveling is very quick.

Then again I don't care about levels at all as I only play Classic so I will not tip balance on any of the Arcade servers.

Upvote 0
I guess it's a bit late now, but yeah, this extra experience was a bit much. So quickly after release we see Heroes already and a lot of maxed weapons. If this was originally put in to keep some players interested in playing ... then they will soon lose interest. It also contributed to the lack of Hos mapos around I think, so there is a double effect.

Upvote 0
I guess it's a bit late now, but yeah, this extra experience was a bit much. So quickly after release we see Heroes already and a lot of maxed weapons. If this was originally put in to keep some players interested in playing ... then they will soon lose interest. It also contributed to the lack of Hos mapos around I think, so there is a double effect.

Meh, if people feel they lost out by leveling up faster than normal they can always reset their stats in the console and do it all over again.

Upvote 0
4x gain is here to stay. 2x on top of that for Count Down is here to stay. 2x for InB4Reset and or any other gains are temporary and will be removed.

Will the commander bug stay as well? I should have taken a screenshot I guess but even with 4x multiplier I dont think I could level The Arisaka 38 and the Nambu 100 to level 50 in about 3 hours.

Upvote 0
So why not play Classic where everyone is equal?
You know I do and only Classic. I don't care for XP and unlocks but other do and I wanted to bring the eventual bug up.

I think you know me well from the 40-1 Classic server.

Well, maybe you did not mean me but I agree that anyone that complains about the system being unfair they probably should play Classic if that is their main complaint.

I think no matter the progression system it will always lead to an unfair result for one or another and therefore should not be in the game but hey thankfully we have Classic for equal matches.

@ Yoshiro
Mayebe the commander bug only appears in Classic but I am certain that my artillery kills counted towards my main weapon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
4x gain is here to stay. 2x on top of that for Count Down is here to stay. 2x for InB4Reset and or any other gains are temporary and will be removed.

This means a 4x multiplier for everyone permanently? So the standard level up is 4x faster than HOS? Guess that explains why im still leveling so quick and the "two weeks" ended last Friday (right???)

Last edited:
Upvote 0