• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A loss for words...

I don't mind dropping mine off at your office, I live 20 min. away from you guys. Should be good enough to be considered at least a mid range setup. I mean, seriously, I want to play your game. But the performance is very inconsistent...

Your setup is very similar to mine. I hope they take you up on your offer.

i5 @3.20 GHz, HD 5770 1 gb, 8 gb RAM, Win7 64 bit here.

Upvote 0
Could it have anything to do with software interference?

It'd be pretty hard to get everyone to list running processes and if theirs works or if they're having issues. Maybe we could find a pattern though.

I shut down my anti virus, all my backround processes, I just wiped my harddrive last month and did a clean install. Its not us.. its the game

Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0
I just tried to play some today after todays patching. An now the game performs so badly for me I consider it unplayable. By bullets don't even seem to register anymore its so bad. It's incredibly demoralizing to see the game get steadily worse with each patch.

I have been patient but this is ridiculous really. Had I still the option at this point I probably would get a refund. But since I can't i'm considering shelving this game an moving on. There may have been worse game releases with other stuff like Brink an so on. But I can say for me personally this has been the worst launch in a game I have participated in. They should have listened to those saying it needed weeks more of beta time really. As it is I wont be recommending it to anyone.

Upvote 0
I just tried to play some today after todays patching. An now the game performs so badly for me I consider it unplayable. By bullets don't even seem to register anymore its so bad. It's incredibly demoralizing to see the game get steadily worse with each patch.

I have been patient but this is ridiculous really. Had I still the option at this point I probably would get a refund. But since I can't i'm considering shelving this game an moving on. There may have been worse game releases with other stuff like Brink an so on. But I can say for me personally this has been the worst launch in a game I have participated in. They should have listened to those saying it needed weeks more of beta time really. As it is I wont be recommending it to anyone.

+1. Basically what I've been trying to say, but I let this gaming "experience" get the better of me and got a bit angry. Nice post!

Upvote 0
That's great support, Yoshiro. Wish I lived nearby (mind you it's probably just my rig - not a supercomputer like some of those posting on this thread).

Any idea what this rig should be able to get? Recommended settings?

i7-Q720 (quad core @ 1.6GHz, boosting to 2.8GHz if only 1 core is in use)
GTX-280M 1024MB
4GB RAM
Running at 1920x1080 (native resolution)
Windows 7 x64

Upvote 0
Hm, not excusing RO2 performance issues but EA games are hardly better, like my machines SLAUGHTERS Bad Comapny 2 but there is this rather big issue:
http://www.youtube.com/embed/9Z4Y1nmsEyI

Which has yet to be fixed, you could turn off bloom to "fix" it but it makes the game so ugly...

Never had problems with battlefield or crysis on my computer..but this game, I got tons of them related to performance

Upvote 0
it is getting very frustrating dealing with the performance issues. Don't get me wrong, i love the game hands down. It is way better than any other fps to date, and in my opinion, any other fps on the drawing board as well. It's a beautiful game, with great detail, and an amazing list of features. The map designs are spectacular. Everything about this game is just bad ***....except how the devs are handling the performance issue.

No, i'm not running a 3+ year old rig.
No, i'm not comparing ro2 to some crap console port.
Yes, the devs are blaming me (and others) for expecting too much on a crap machine.

Last i checked, an i7 2600k 3.4ghz, 580gtx 1.5gig, 8 gig ram @ 1600mhz isn't a crap machine.
Last i checked, it exceeded the recommended specs.

Whats the solution?
Lets take detail out of the maps...
Lets ignore the fact that these high end machines aren't using half of their gpu, or a quarter of their cpu, or even a third of their ram....
Lets blame them and their machines....

I have stuck by twi's side for some time now. I ignored the nay sayers. I stuck up for them and their indie development company. I spread word of mouth about this title like you wouldn't believe. I got over 10 of my friends to buy this game, who had no idea it existed.

Now, not just once, but twice the president has blamed me, the consumer.

Good luck with that...

agree totally...forget tripwire i'm done with them

Reactions: Richey79
Upvote 0