• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A loss for words...

I want to give my mastard too (sounds better as a german phrase)

My Computer:
Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 Rev. 2.0
AMD Phenom X6 1055T
ATi Radeon HD5770 1024 MB
4096 MB DDR2 RAM 800 MHz
Windows 7 Professional x64

I run the game mostly fine on "High" settings with stable 40 frames per second at 1920x1080. BUT an artillery/mortar strike kills my frames down to 5-10 frames and when I look through a sniper scope ... let's say; it's hard to aim with 15 frames.

One time, I have no idea why, the game stuck on 4-5 frames... 'til I died :p

If you could do something about that, that would be awesome. I can play without stat-tracking, but I can't with ~20 frames.

Upvote 0
imho everyone who has massive performance issues with good hardware should deinstall the graphic drivers and tools like rivatuner,afterburner,nvinspector etc.

after that install newest drivers with the option to complete reset stored profiles and stuff (i know nvidia drivers have such option in setup routine)

i know u loose custom settings for specific applications but thats the only way to make sure that performance does not go down the drain by some weird driver settings

Upvote 0
So many people are playing this game with no problems at all. However in the forums it appears there are so many people with issues because they are pretty much the only ones that come here to post as everyone else if playing the game.

This kind of thing happens to all game releases, I have seen it time and time again. As mentioned, Arma 2 was near impossible to play on its release and took over 6 months to get to a reasonable position.

I am running at 1920x1080 with the following specs and I get a solid 65 frames all the time.

Intel i5 2600k
8GB RAM
ATI 5770
Windows 7 64Bit

Upvote 0
Give the Devs a break and stop and think about what you are posting. They are obviously concernd about the problem and are working hard to fix it..I mean the guy is even offering to pay to ship your rig to them and look at it personally so they can figure it out.

If youve got nothing helpfull to say or do, then please stop with the venomous posts.We get it..its not working to your satisfaction ...they are trying hard to fix it..im not sure what else they can do or say to make you happy.
I'm just going to quote this so more people read it. There is a serious nerd rage problem in this community. Holy hell. Calm yourselves...

Upvote 0
My qualm isn't the performance issues, its that I felt like I was being blamed by certain statements...Yoshiro's comments actually adjusted my point of view, and they are hard at work to find the problem. Its just VERY frustrating....

Much respect, Srinidhalaya. I think it says a great deal about you that, despite your frustration, you are willing to be persuaded rather than take the usual internet tact.

Bravo.

Upvote 0
You know nothing of what you are talking about, maybe if you researched a bit before you posted maybe you wouldn't be so dumb, Tripwire has said even before release that they KNOW people with amazing hardware are not getting the fps they should be getting and they were looking into that, hell they even invited people who had top of the line machines and had bad frame rates to go to their offices and help them solve it.

Second, those posts about getting a better computer and such are directed to those with very low end computers who can not run the game like any other

Third again post when you know what you are talking about.

One of the team actually went so far as to claim the game is running a more advanced engine than bad company 2, at first I thought they were joking.

Upvote 0
Just a suggestion, but if it's only using 25% of an i7 then there's some issue with Intel. My AMD CPU has over 75% usage in RO2. It's a quad core clocked at 3.4GHz.

Devs work around the hardware, its not the other way around. Intel does not make software updates for their cpus. If the dev is having issuse with the hardware..its the devs fault (I have amd 955@ 3.6ghz..only seeing about 40% usage max)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
One of the team actually went so far as to claim the game is running a more advanced engine than bad company 2, at first I thought they were joking.

They never said that, they said there was more detail in the maps then bc2....hell when you remove all the bloom and such bc2 looks like **** and every building is practically empty and there are not many buildings. Of course the frostbite engine is more advanced then the unreal engine but RO2s maps have far more detail in them then bc2s.

Also I don't see why we needed Yoshiro to post to act like normal people....I posted the exact same thing he said and said look it up and everyone calls me dumb and a lier, then Yoshiro posts the exact same thing I said they were saying for months and it's fine....seriously some of you people.....

Upvote 0
Devs work around the hardware, its not the other way around. Intel does not make software updates for their cpus. If the dev is having issuse with the hardware..its the devs fault

I never said it was Intel's issue. I just meant that this game has some compatibility issue with Intel. Things like this have happened before, though. I'm not sure why, but it doesn't seem like devs can get stuff to work easily on Intel sometimes. :\

Upvote 0
Just a suggestion, but if it's only using 25% of an i7 then there's some issue with Intel. My AMD CPU has over 75% usage in RO2. It's a quad core clocked at 3.4GHz.
It's certainly not just intel related, i did a test last week or so using aida64 and monitored and logged all my CPU core usage during a session (posted this in the old performance thread in support), my usage never went above 54% and the average was around 45% (2 cores hardly got used at all) this is on an X4 PII at 3.875ghz with a GTX 480 @ 850/4000 (it's average was just over 50% usage).

Hmm, seems the old performance threads have been deleted, not in my post history anymore (was gonna post the log).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's certainly not just intel related, i did a test last week or so using aida64 and monitored and logged all my CPU core usage during a session (posted this in the old performance thread in support), my usage never went above 54% and the average was around 45% (2 cores hardly got used at all) this is on an X4 PII at 3.875ghz with a GTX 480 @ 850/4000 (it's average was just over 50% usage).

Hmm, seems the old performance threads have been deleted, not in my post history anymore (was gonna post the log).

That's weird...
Seems like it's just random then.

Upvote 0
We are not blaming your computer.

We know we are very CPU bound on slower dual core machines near our min spec. And we are working hard to deal with that issue.

HOWERVER, we are also aware we have an anomaly where some very high end PC's are getting subpar performance. We have so far not been able to reproduce this in the office. We are very aware it exists are are working as hard as we can to track it down, but it is slow going because we cannot get it to happen here in the office.

I'll tell you what, if you are willing, I will pay full shipping plus compensation to get your computer in my office.

Yoshiro, you are the man; I can't think of any other company that would offer to pay shipping to personally try and make the game run smoothly for the people suffering with poor performance. How can anyone say TWI isn't trying to solve these issues?
I remember when TWI was looking for someone near atlanta to bring in their computer to examine why there was poor performance on high end machines, what happened to that?

By the way...

ATI Radeon HD 5770 "Ice Q" by HIS
Amd x4 955 "Black edition" 3.2ghz
8gb ddr 3 ram

My game has lost a few fps over the last couple patches, but it runs great in high graphics settings & 1280x720 with ~55-60 fps and at low quality settings & 1920x1080 resolution still has ~50-55 fps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0