• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A lesson for all of us

I'm gonna go ahead and say it; since "New Weapons that should be added to RO2" thread died, along with others, this forum just isn't fun anymore. I need conflict to make social interaction worthwhile.

You're all &$#^ing &#%*^.

JK. But yeah, even playing it today I even find Call of Duty 1's single player awesome. Except most of the British missions.

Upvote 0
What surprises me is how respectless people can be when it comes to posting on these boards. I understand their reasons, but only thing that hateful, zealous posts (insulting another forum member) can do is damaging the integrity of the community as a whole.

-------snip
You simply don't spit into someone's soup before leaving his home.

------snip
It's the thick skulls that bother me - people who come, write toxic things thinking they can, because they have right to free speech. What they seem to forget is that insulting the other people is forbidden.

People seem to not understand meaning of being "civil", "mature" and how to "behave".

------snip
You know why I try to be a good person? Because I treat others how I'd like to be treated. Because in doing otherwise lies destruction and complete annihilation all the man can achieve.

If you really care for the game (or for anything), you don't respond with hate and lack of respect to another human being just because you don't agree fully with each other.

Well put H.D...

There's a lot of good ppl in this world, as there lots of good ppl here
in this particular forum. A person can tell a lot about another by how they conduct themselves in(with) Public/Forums/Family/Friends/Strangers
After a very short perod of time...

Compromise/Consideration/Respect, and above all "Honesty"
with others n oneself, This is what was drilled into my head growing up.

I walk alone thru life with those 4 values + a few more...

But thats just me...

Just my 2 cents worth.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I few months ago these forums gave me cancer, the TWI hating and bile coming out of some people made me want to punch a kitten. Nowadays its almost too quiet...

I guess people are happy now.

We've just given up, moved on to other games. We have abandoned RO2 as a lost cause. Arma2 came out, with all it's flaws it fits the needs of the tactical shooter much better. With the emphasis on action and realism, the second BF3 and COD come out with a WWII skinned version like they always do, this game will die. Good luck, have fun.

Reactions: r5cya
Upvote 0
We've just given up, moved on to other games. We have abandoned RO2 as a lost cause. Arma2 came out, with all it's flaws it fits the needs of the tactical shooter much better. With the emphasis on action and realism, the second BF3 and COD come out with a WWII skinned version like they always do, this game will die. Good luck, have fun.

ok. well there's a fresh example of that group. thanks for checking in.

Upvote 0

Why are you even here? sheesh!

Upvote 0

Whatever floats your boat dude. Thanks for coming out. Buh bye.

Upvote 0
One thing that really rustles my jimmies is the ''CoD kid" argument. I played the **** out of the original CoD back when the game was brand spanking new. Carentan, Pavlov and Ship for example were amazing maps where you could actually see teamwork and tactics applied. I haven't even shaked a stick at the CoD MW series, so I'm just guessing that's were the hate is coming from :D

All I'm saying is: I was, and am still, a CoD kid. And proud of it!

For me, I never really got into Call of Duty. I've played the 1st one, CoD4, CoDWaW and a couple of others, but to me, they all kind of ran together and didn't seem much different from one another..... the first WWII FPS's I played was Wolf3D (not exactly a WWII Shooter if you ask me) and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault..... not including the original MoH on the PS1.

Then I got into Day of Defeat (Mod) and then Red Orchestra Combined Arms.

.... obviously I'm not including the piles of other FPS's I've played over the years, but in regards to WWII FPS's, those were my areas of expertise.

But even in saying all of that, I try and do my best not to pull the "Go back to CoD" comment..... and when it comes to debates in here regarding RO2, often when I am defending the elements of RO2 that I enjoy, I usually get labelled a "CoD Kiddie" or told to "Go back to CoD" as some of the elements of RO2 I like are somehow linked to Run&Gun Rambo stuff.

But I never got into CoD, I never really enjoyed those games and my experience and the things I enjoy about RO2 come originally from ROCA & what made that game/mod so great..... so when people tell me to go back to CoD, I just think of them as ignorant.

Upvote 0
..... I don't mind thick skin, people being blunt and all that. I can work with it as long as their target arguments, not people. It's the thick skulls that bother me - people who come, write toxic things thinking they can, because they have right to free speech. What they seem to forget is that insulting the other people is forbidden.

People seem to not understand meaning of being "civil", "mature" and how to "behave".

Honestly, the only way to make the community grow and make it better is to follow simple rules. First of them is to respect another person and her/his opinions, even if you disagree with that opinion.

You know why I try to be a good person? Because I treat others how I'd like to be treated. Because in doing otherwise lies destruction and complete annihilation all the man can achieve.

For me, I tend to be pretty straight forward with my views and opinions on various subjects and certainly not afraid to toss some punches at someone's argument..... I grew up in a family where you cut the BS and get to the point.... but on forums, over the years, I've ended up making much longer-winded posts to further explain my positions/opinions as way too many people were taking my posts the completely wrong way and I'd just end up writing a lot more to further explain my position anyways.

I treat others as I'd expect them to treat me..... and at the same time, when someone treats me a certain way, I reflect it back at them so that they're treated the same way they're treating me.

I don't take any of it personally and it doesn't ruin my day, it's just an internet forum, so when the debate/conversation returns back to normal, I can easily continue having a civil discussion with the same person who tossed crap at me.... and I certainly try to avoid dragging what happened in one thread into other threads to drag things out.

It may not seem like it to some in here, and I imagine I seem like quite the knowitall jackazz who loves to attack people, but I don't go out of my way to target members or their views and if someone has a different opinion other than my own, I can respect their differences and I can understand their position to a degree, but I will still counter their opinions with my own opinions so that others looking on don't end up thinking everybody agrees with their opinions/positions..... and when they start to get snippy with me, I'll just get snippy back, but I will very rarely ever start it..... I may just try and finish it :cool:

But indeed... some people will try and use "I have the right to free speech" to defend anything they say or do in here, as if there are no consequences to their actions..... but Internet Forums are not a Democracy, they're a Dictatorship, run by those who own & operate the forum in question..... if something gets out of hand, if something illegal occurs within their forum, they're the ones who have to answer for it in most cases, so they set the ground rules and we follow them.

Being a Forum Admin/Mod a few times over the years, I never forget this and if I do something wrong in here or I go over the line where the forum rules lay, I accept the moderator's actions without b*tching about "Freedom of Speech/Expression."

Upvote 0
I grew up in a family where you cut the BS and get to the point.... but on forums, over the years, I've ended up making much longer-winded posts to further explain my positions/opinions as way too many people were taking my posts the completely wrong way and I'd just end up writing a lot more to further explain my position anyways.

You should certainly get back to the point where you cut the BS. Most of your posts have valid points but are written like politician speeches and end up with leaving the impression: "Long speech, not much talk".

Just saying...

Upvote 0
You should certainly get back to the point where you cut the BS. Most of your posts have valid points but are written like politician speeches and end up with leaving the impression: "Long speech, not much talk".

Just saying...

Guess you missed this part:

"but on forums, over the years, I've ended up making much longer-winded posts to further explain my positions/opinions as way too many people were taking my posts the completely wrong way and I'd just end up writing a lot more to further explain my position anyways."

Which is odd you'd act like you didn't see this part considering it's a part of the quote of mine you replied to. :rolleyes:

^ That direct enough for you? Does that shorten up the BS enough for you??

No?

Too bad..... that's as direct as it gets.

Upvote 0
Guess you missed this part:

"but on forums, over the years, I've ended up making much longer-winded posts to further explain my positions/opinions as way too many people were taking my posts the completely wrong way and I'd just end up writing a lot more to further explain my position anyways."

Which is odd you'd act like you didn't see this part considering it's a part of the quote of mine you replied to. :rolleyes:

^ That direct enough for you? Does that shorten up the BS enough for you??

No?

Too bad..... that's as direct as it gets.

:p I see that you didn't get my point, eventhough I tried to be as short and precise as possible. No problem, move on. ;)

Upvote 0