• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A colt M1911 as an UPGRADE for 9mm? How about this one?

The Hi-Power Practical uses .40S&W. An upgrade from 9x19mm Luger is what you want. A more British and not 'murrican gun is what the community here wants. And the best gun for 11.43x23mm is not the M1911 but the Glock 21, which has 13 rounds, and is lighter.
I'm sorry mate but the M1911 isn't the best.

The Browning Hi-Power Practical is the best compromise between what you want and what everyone else here wants(Says who?). :)

The third one made me facepalm.

That's what all players should be doing, not something the game forces on them. It's a matter of good habits.

If Killing Floor needs a gun to be added to make players play better then something's wrong.

Alright, do you people need some inflated sense of nationality or something through this game? The eurocentrism in this forum is so thick that its sickening. Leave it behind. Most of the player base doesn't give a flying f*** that it is taking place in england. Do not make changes in the game over something most people don't care to begin with.

Though the M1911 is not the best pistol around as it is counting this year, a hundred years old, it has proven its worth in the past and in numerous situations of self defense to this day dispite it being that old. And it does feel nice in your hands when you shoot it (have you people even fired a gun in real life? like, Ever?). Though the glock 21 is an interesting pistol, and of very practical design, carrying more in the magazine being and lightweight and all, but it does have more recoil and does tend to outlawed in more areas (not that really matters anyways) and be more expensive.

But that last part I agree with. If you need to request a new gun because you cannot cope with the current ones, then 9 times out of 10 you are doing something wrong.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Alright, do you people need some inflated sense of nationality or something through this game? The eurocentrism in this forum is so thick that its sickening. Leave it behind. Most of the player base doesn't give a flying f*** that it is taking place in england. Do not make changes in the game over something most people don't care to begin with.

Most of us who care about keeping the setting are in fact not from the UK, and doing so does not constitute 'Eurocentrism' since the UK does not constitute the entirety of Europe (in fact it barely constitutes a small part of it).

If the weapon isn't likely to be found there, I don't personally want it in the game unless it's really worth it. That applies equally to existing weapons that don't make sense in the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
have you people even fired a gun in real life? like, Ever?

Been shooting for about 15 years, fired probably hundreds of different weapons, put thousands of rounds through my current guns, as well as roommate's ect, and did a tour in Iraq, where I used an M4 and M9. I also daily conceal carry a handgun.

I agree that the 1911 is a great pistol, never said it was garbage. I do find the .45 recoil manageable, even in the smaller 1911's. I hate the recoil on a .40 though, it's a lot sharper or something. People who have shot both know what I mean. I personally prefer a 9mm. I like Glocks not just for durability and reliability, but for the fact that they have no external safety, the last thing you need in a gunfight is to have to flip off safeties, ect. Proper weapon handling, and you don't need one.

Upvote 0
If the weapon isn't likely to be found there, I don't personally want it in the game unless it's really worth it. That applies equally to existing weapons that don't make sense in the game.

If I remember correctly england doesnt allow personal ownership of firearms. Meaning, firearms that you will find will obviously been smuggled in the country from different areas in the world. I don't think its a stretch to find black market gun dealers go topside with weapons they smuggled in for profit when the world turns apocalyptic.

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly england doesnt allow personal ownership of firearms. Meaning, firearms that you will find will obviously been smuggled in the country from different areas in the world. I don't think its a stretch to find black market gun dealers go topside with weapons they smuggled in for profit when the world turns apocalyptic.

You can own guns in the UK.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_Kingdom[/URL]

The first step in making gun ownership illegal is reducing knowledge.
Then restricting them.

A lever-action rifle is permitted to be owned..
As well as a bolt-action rifle.
Double-barrelled shotguns are permitted, and AFAIK police/military can get whatever the they want.

Upvote 0

Every game that comes out today seems to be so damn fixated on America though, doesn't it? That's absolutely fine in your book, isn't it? It's only a problem when someone tries to change that, is that right? It'd be nice to see some god damn change for once. And don't make the assumption that nobody cares - lots and lots and lots of people who are capable of thinking about games do.

A lever-action rifle is permitted to be owned..
As well as a bolt-action rifle.
Double-barrelled shotguns are permitted, and AFAIK police/military can get whatever the they want.

You can own the very shotgun found in KF - pumpaction, 8(+1) round capacity. Saw one in the shop the other day. :)

There's also an awful lot of european assault rifles in this country that have been modified to "straight-pull" operation. The modification can actually be easily removed to return it to it's "normal" state, so I hear (highly illegal, though).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can own the very shotgun found in KF - pumpaction, 8(+1) round capacity. Saw one in the shop the other day. :)

There's also an awful lot of european assault rifles in this country that have been modified to "straight-pull" operation. The modification can actually be easily removed to return it to it's "normal" state, so I hear (highly illegal, though).

Yeah.

Also someone's a little anulpained that i'm right.

So they downvoted and didn't bother replying. >_<

EDIT: Look, it's the return of the non-replying downvoters.

This downvoting behaviour is shameful. It's pretty much like ignoring the argument and flipping someone off.
Any self-respecting person doesn't downvote and ignore, they REPLY WITH A RESPONSE!

I have no respect for anyone who does otherwise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Every game that comes out today seems to be so damn fixated on America though, doesn't it? That's absolutely fine in your book, isn't it? It's only a problem when someone tries to change that, is that right? It'd be nice to see some god damn change for once. And don't make the assumption that nobody cares - lots and lots and lots of people who are capable of thinking about games do.

The Benelli M3 Super 90 was made to be used by civilian sportsmen and police and it's a preety damn good shotgun.
You can own level-action rifles and bolt-action ones in the UK. Some rifles where also specificly made for the civilan market, like the H&K SL8.
Shotguns are by far the easiest to legaly acquire everywhere in the world, my dad own 2 shotguns (pic below to exemplify that they are very common) and his planning on getting a rifle license and getting a Mosin-Nagant 91/30 (funny enough, without me telling him once about it).

scaled.php

Full size go here (carefull, its a large pic) : http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8390/al48andfalconet.jpg

Top one is a Franchi Falconet, bottom one is a Franchi 48-AL. As you can see, shotguns are very common and vary between them.

And what C_Gibby said in first place on his post : Yes, most of todays shooters are basicly focused on the US because they have the idea that they are the worlds police when in fact they have one of the worst Armed Forces on NATO and are very inneficient.
And this focusing on US VS Russia thing has gone along for waaaaaaay to long. Russia is still somewhat of an Iron-Fisted country in some ways but they gave up on destroying the US during the Soviet-Afghan War and don't really care millitarily about them. Face it, the US is not the biggest badass guy, it is quite the opposite and the media focus on them is overproporcional and undeserved, games like RO and KF are examples that you don't have to have a game about Americans to be good (most are actually mediocre actually) and be fun (another thing most of them aren't) and worth playing.

Now let us never speak of this again because I dont want another ****storm because one guy makes a stupid suggestion of adding a American gun on a game made specificly to take place in the UK.

PS : And no more AR/M16/M4 suggestions! The only decent American rifle was the AR-10 and it was because it was clunky and made of wood that made not jam nearly as much as all AR's do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So then yes, I was right then as it appears, that many of you are shooting down ideas merely of the narrowminded level of thinking in terms of nationalism(though some ideas I have seen were just admittedly straight up bad ideas that had to be shot down for the games sake lol).

Oh man you so did not get why im chewing some of you out. I could not care less on which nationality it start as (as I'm not even from the united states to begin with), What I do care of though, is that many of you are willing to discard an idea or suggestion merely based on the nationality because of the childish issue that your country is not sponsored on games enough, Grow up.

And I did this little survey in game , where I would just spark up a little conversation when I could in game and asked people if they cared of the setting of the game, Which I marked down the results. Out of 67 people I talked to, know many cared or was interested that it took place in england? 12 people. If you want I will make a video next time.

Upvote 0

Well COD is the best game if you want to have weapons form all over the world but other then that it's a bit too mainstream

Here Pump Action shotguns are forbidden but Semi-Auto shotguns are allowed :D. You can also buy a Semi Auto Steyr Aug and the full auto function is locked. But to be honest semi is better anyways and the Aug's 2-stage trigger is weird anyways lol. If you pull a bit too hard the thing shoots full auto :D
TBH the european weaons do not look that good. The Steyr Aug looks a bit strange and the Famas is an abomination. The L85 A2 looks quite nice but that's about it.

And the American weapons really ain't that bad! The M4 or the HK 416 (german but american design) are way better to hold then the Steyr Aug or the L85 A1. The l85 A1 will loose its mag and I wasn't too happy with the Steyr Aug in the Army. Due to its bullpup design it was too long at the back and thus very useless in trenches.

Here's a phot of me and my STG77 (when i was in the Army in 2009). As you see it's very long at the end and thus not ideal for Close combat. The M4 hower is.

I really couldn't care less if Austrian weapons are in games or not. And I really think that the Glock 17 is the most boring pistol ever produced!
The Colt 1911 however is one of the most stylish pistols out there. It might not be the best but certainly looks and feels good in your hands!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
And the American weapons really ain't that bad! The M4 or the HK 416 (german but american design) are way better to hold then the Steyr Aug or the L85 A1. The l85 A1 will loose its mag and I wasn't too happy with the Steyr Aug in the Army. Due to its bullpup design it was too long at the back and thus very useless in trenches.

Here's a phot of me and my STG77 (when i was in the Army in 2009). As you see it's very long at the end and thus not ideal for Close combat. The M4 hower is.

I really couldn't care less if Austrian weapons are in games or not. And I really think that the Glock 17 is the most boring pistol ever produced!
The Colt 1911 however is one of the most stylish pistols out there. It might not be the best but certainly looks and feels good in your hands!

How would it be too long at the back? I figure bullpups would be ideal for CQB due to their shorter length. Also, for really close combat with a rifle, you tuck the stock against the side of your body and point shoot with it.

Google "rifle point shooting" to get some idea of what I am talking about.

Upvote 0
How would it be too long at the back? I figure bullpups would be ideal for CQB due to their shorter length. Also, for really close combat with a rifle, you tuck the stock against the side of your body and point shoot with it.

Google "rifle point shooting" to get some idea of what I am talking about.

Yeah but I'll once upload a phot of an M4 in the saim aiming position and you'll see that it's much shorter and firing from the hip requires much training and is ver dangerous for your team members! In the Army we were not allowed to fire from the hip. hitting something at 10 m can get hard if your not very very good at this.
Bullpup weapons just are smaller compared to others with the same barrel lenght. It just sucks if your behind a cover and then quickly have to go out of the cover and aim. The M4 is just much more ideal for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
guys, this is just a game, yea we do need realistic so you still cant quick scope with crossbow, but there's really no need to argue too much about this, even if you have a conclusion, twi might got other plan, and yea why dont just simply upgrade m9 into m93r? but just knock it off...... :(

You're forgetting an important thing there.

Quickscoping is an abuse of game mechanics (read exploit) that abuses the auto-aim of the game.

Killing Floor doesn't have auto-aim; therefore Killing Floor can't have quickscoping.

Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
To bad it lacks force when the bullet hits a target and they jam like a motherf*****.

The M16A1 had jamming issues, but that has been fixed in the 40 or so years since it was made. Another reason was the powder type was changed from Stoner's original specifications. The jamming is mostly due to crappy magazines when it happens. Most firearms malfunctions can be traced to bad magazines. I carried an M4 in Iraq, and used it numerous times with only a couple of issues, one was a bad mag that I promptly stomped flat, the other was an ammo issue. They aren't the world's best rifle, but they are far from the garbage most people claim.

As for "lacking force" put rounds where they belong and it won't be an issue.

As for America having the worst armed forces in NATO, I call BS on that as well.

"PS : And no more AR/M16/M4 suggestions! The only decent American rifle was the AR-10 and it was because it was clunky and made of wood that made not jam nearly as much as all AR's do."

The rifle furniture was made of wood, that has nothing to do with jamming or not. The receiver is made of metal, same with all other rifles. There are plenty of good American rifles, and plenty of good rifles from other countries. The best handgun in the world isn't even American.

Last edited:
Upvote 0